Houston

hon400ex

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Im coming to Houston in September and looking for a recommendation for a hotel near Bogies, preferably within walking distance. Also, is it a fairly safe neighborhood? OK to walk around at night?
Thank you
Andy

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
Im coming to Houston in September and looking for a recommendation for a hotel near Bogies, preferably within walking distance. Also, is it a fairly safe neighborhood? OK to walk around at night?
Thank you
Andy

Just call Bogies. There is a hotel right close. There's one even closer to Big Tyme Billiards.

Ray

SloMoHolic

When will then be now?
Silver Member
Thank you
Andy

I can tell you where NOT to stay: the Howard Johnson south of the airport, on Greens Road.

I stayed there one night a few months back because it was close to Bogies.

Within a couple of hours of my (late night) check in, someone had entered my room using a key card, and left something strange in the room (I'll just say it was related to prostitution). At the time of the intrusion, I was at Bogies. Fortunately, nothing was stolen. It was still super creepy, and I did not sleep well that night. I filed a police report and called the corporate office the next day. Not only did I NOT get any kind of discount on the room or a discount for a future stay, the corporate office never even bothered to return my call.

I've also stayed at the Motel 6 on Cypresswood (a few miles north of Bogies, close to Big Tyme Billiards). The building was pretty shady overall, and the front desk service was poor, but my room was very nice.

In both cases, I think I would have felt more secure with my expensive video and computer gear locked in my car in the pool hall parking lot than in either hotel room (unless I was in the room with it).

I would be very cautious about walking around at night (especially with valuable pool equipment), unless it was a very short distance to your hotel.

Next time I stay in the area, I will bite the bullet and stay at a nice, secure hotel. Hopefully, someone in this thread will identify the best place to stay.

Have fun and stay safe!

-Blake

Gsitz89

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just call Bogies. There is a hotel right close. There's one even closer to Big Tyme Billiards.

Ray

I hope you are not referring to the motel six right by big tymes. I would not stay there for five hundred!

Gsitz89

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've also stayed at the Motel 6 on Cypresswood (a few miles north of Bogies, close to Big Tyme Billiards). The building was pretty shady overall, and the front desk service was poor, but my room was very nice.

I stayed here for all of 20 mins really it was that bad. We went to a holiday inn express and it made that place look like a palace. Although they are generally nice.

King T

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Its safe enough..,

Bogies is in a safe spot to walk around if your talking about getting Hi-Jacked, the area is ok in that regard, lots of police and its a high income, high traffic area.

The problem with walking around there is the traffic, your taking your life in your own hands walking around that much high speed traffic, 55MPH is the norm and theres no side walks, that area aint made for a lot of walking.

The only hotel woth staying in is 3 miles away at FM1960 and Hwy 45N, not a good walk at night there few street lights.

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
I hope you are not referring to the motel six right by big tymes. I would not stay there for five hundred!

You're right. I stayed there one time. Big mistake.

You can get a 3 star priceline deal in this area for $42. night. They usually put me at the Park Inn or Marriot.

Ray

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What is the name of the best pool room in Houston? We're heading there later this year to meet my brother.

tattoo

Tatuaje in the house🤘🏻
Silver Member
What is the name of the best pool room in Houston? We're heading there later this year to meet my brother.

the nicest pool room in houston that is not a billiard hall is a toss up...big tymes is nice and has some action...caspers in san leon is just a beautiful hall located on the coast but not a "action hang out"....bogies is the place to go if you want 24 hour action and it is nice just not real fancy....."it is a real pool hall"

Reactions: JAM

Put_upor_shutup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Come to legends on the southside.
.Keith came there about 10 years ago with Robbie..He played a Guy from there named Barry Strickland..They ended up playing 10k sets I do believe..I will play Keith some one hole there at legends and ill even bring juice out to watch..:thumbup:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Come to legends on the southside.
.Keith came there about 10 years ago with Robbie..He played a Guy from there named Barry Strickland..They ended up playing 10k sets I do believe..I will play Keith some one hole there at legends and ill even bring juice out to watch..:thumbup:

Aw, Robbee. He's one of Keith's dearest friends. We love him. He's extremely intelligent and can play a little pool when he wants to. ;)