How Adam Japan makes cues

jayman

Hi Mom!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thank you, I love that kind of stuff. They seem to keep their tooling nice and sharp. Although I'm not really an Adam fan, I always appreciate quality work!

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
thats what they showed you. that certainly wasnt the main production line but a custom room or partly made for the video.

and you did get a glimpse of a cnc machine. so must be others that take it farther.

however i would buy a japan cue before a china one. adam wasnt so bad just not real good.

Last edited:

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Za ore fashon wai.

Watching that, they should offer a display shaft with splicing at least that is consistent with the butt design.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That factory in Sayama makes all the Musashi cues and a few others. I'd compare it to a bigger version of Schon. Sort of a higher volume custom shop. Make some beautiful cues. For ordering info you might contact: https://adam-ny.com/contact-us/ I found about them via a request i made to AH's SuperBilliardExpo. I think the cue they showed at the end of that video is on their site under 'cues'. They list 12 models of cues. All are supposed to be of Japan source.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is the box thing here their clear finish? So they don't spray it on? Looks interesting, I don't think I have seen another cue video with something like that in it. The text said "trimming the cue" but that does not make much sense, I figured it was a translation error.

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is the box thing here their clear finish? So they don't spray it on? Looks interesting, I don't think I have seen another cue video with something like that in it. The text said "trimming the cue" but that does not make much sense, I figured it was a translation error.

I wonder if it's a sealer of some kind, or some kind of filler epoxy? That rubber contraption would give it a fairly consistent finish if they are trying to squeegee the sealer off. Then a light sanding and the finish coat.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
thats what they showed you. that certainly wasnt the main production line but a custom room or partly made for the video.

and you did get a glimpse of a cnc machine. so must be others that take it farther.

however i would buy a japan cue before a china one. adam wasnt so bad just not real good.

This is the Mushashi company, the high end artisan-built cues

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is the Mushashi company, the high end artisan-built cues
Its the ADAM-Japan factory in Sayama. The Musashi is their top of the line cues. they make a few other models there too. Everything else is made in China.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
ok so saying you have an adam cue means little unless it was made in the right place. so buyer beware of what and where it was made.

not to say all are bad just not all are the same quality.