How are Player Cues? I purchased a Player 508 cue last night, with a Joe Porper case?

Lock N Load

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The cue shoots very well and the case holds one butt and one shaft. And the case is tan and looks like snake style to me. I did not take any photos yet. Have you played with a Player 508 cue before? Just trying to find out if I paid too much for it and the case. I paid a little less than a hundred for both. Thanks for your input. The Cue is beautiful. The shaft is standard size.
Many Regards,
Lock N Load.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
they are ok, i have played with good ones and bad ones. as long as your happy and playing well, then its all good. have fun and take care!!!

Lock N Load

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wouldn't expect you to be playing with Chinese junk.

Hello Dave,
I purchased it to help a friend out. I did not say I was going to play with it. I have several cues. I am always giving them away to new players that I am trying to teach the game of pool to.
He had been trying to sell me the cue and case for a couple of days now.

Don't look now but everything I pick up or look at has made in China on it. Yesterday an item had made in Hong Kong!
Many Regards,
Lock N Load.

putt-putt44

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Players cue.......

Great value,,,,I have one in my collection,,,,,,,

Never heard anything but nice things,,,,,,

Good choice...........!!!

Alan,,,,,,

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello Dave,
I purchased it to help a friend out. I did not say I was going to play with it. I have several cues. I am always giving them away to new players that I am trying to teach the game of pool to.

Don't look now but everything I pick up or look at has made in China on it. Yesterday an item had made in Hong Kong!
Many Regards,
Lock N Load.

Ahhh gotcha :thumbup:

They are fine cues if you picked it up for less than $40 IMHO. I just can't justify any more than that for something so cheaply made. The porper case, however, should last a while.

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
well done

Hello Dave,

Many Regards,
Lock N Load.

Very nice of you to help.
MMike

Lock N Load

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ahhh gotcha :thumbup:

They are fine cues if you picked it up for less than $40 IMHO. I just can't justify any more than that for something so cheaply made. The porper case, however, should last a while.

They came together. The case is nice too. Thanks.
Many Regards,
Lock N Load.

Thunderball

Auto rep for belly laughs
Silver Member
The wife picked one up, with case, at a yard sale for ten bucks. Damn thing hit great.

Not saying I can recommend em considering, but that one was a sweet player.

Like FB said..probably hit or miss on quality, but for sure they are not all "chinese junk".

Good luck with it.

ArizonaPete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bottom line is what you think of it and how you feel shooting with it. I have two main cues I use, one is a Schon CX-06 and the other is a Dale Perry from e-Bay. Now I know that the Schon is a better made cue, but both cues play well and I feel very comfortable playing with either one. I think you got a good deal for $100.