how are ya'll doing in league ?

Gatz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
New to CPA/APA. Enjoying the stats APA/CPA provide. Never been to Vegas, why I joined. Hopefully I can make it happen.

Attachments

• IMG_3008.png
    IMG_3008.png
    110.2 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_3007.png
    IMG_3007.png
    110 KB · Views: 56

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
The team has a low chance to get to Vegas overall but with those kinda numbers you’ve got a better shot to mark it to Vegas in the singles competition they have a few times a year, Fargo must be near 700 I think

Gatz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The team has a low chance to get to Vegas overall but with those kinda numbers you’ve got a better shot to mark it to Vegas in the singles competition they have a few times a year, Fargo must be near 700 I think

Yes, singles is my main goal. Team I'm with is actually pretty strong too. 1st session we won 8ball and 9ball. 2nd session looks like we'll get 1st in 9ball. 8ball we will get a playoff spot by looks of it.

I already won a spot to 8ball regionals to win a Vegas spot. 9ball I didn't have enough total matches in yet to qualify. Finding 9ball I don't play as much as it seems harder to field me in the line up.

Rusty in Montana

As a team we lost however I and another teammate held it together since the younger two were having a rough night .
How the VNEA league scores a match is still a mystery to me , my goal now is to finish my run at the table as strong as I start .

SeniorTom

I have participated in League Play for three sessions now. When I first started out I struggled to win a match because I am a noob, and lacked winning experience. Although, with a bit of experience I started to turn things around.

1-6 8 ball spring
3-4 8 ball summer
6-3 8 ball fall
5-4 9 ball fall (league winners)

Gatz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My 1st 0 inning match 💪 Wish I could of kept going but there was a match waiting to be played. I had a 1 inning match a month before this. 9fts, take what you make, make it tough. So definitely proud of this one. If there was ever a patch/pin for this I'd definitely want it. This shit better than sex 😂

Attachments

• IMG_3041.jpeg
    IMG_3041.jpeg
    275.4 KB · Views: 52

Rickhem

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My 1st 0 inning match 💪 Wish I could of kept going but there was a match waiting to be played. I had a 1 inning match a month before this. 9fts, take what you make, make it tough. So definitely proud of this one. If there was ever a patch/pin for this I'd definitely want it. This shit better than sex 😂
Lost the lag, let your opponent break, and then ran that rack, and the next four.
I'd say that's a pretty solid set.
Congrats, I never saw that happen.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Had a rougher one on Thursdays 9-ball night. I was playing a strong SL4. I started out ok, then he caught fire. I struggled with my chances for a while, then eventually started a comeback. We got down to a 6 to 4 race, me needing the 6 points to get out. I was breaking, and of course I scratched, leaving him an open table. Sigh.

The hell of it was the one thing that had gone right for me all night was I was getting one or two balls on the break all night. Till the last two breaks, where I scratched both times. Maddening.

Oh well. Two weeks off now, as neither my 8-ball or 9-ball teams made the playoffs. Then I can start over again!

Rusty in Montana

For our local seniors pool league we had a blind draw partners pool tournament , when it was all said and done my partner and I took 2nd place over all the money we won wouldn't of made decent wages for the time spent but the enjoyment factor was .

Gatz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not a single 20-0 shutout in 9 ball?

LOL. Can someone get this poser out of here, please?

I kid. Those are incredible stats.
I've only played 8 9ball matches. All against 6/7's. Done 18 a few times but haven't done a 20-0 yet. This seems pretty difficult against higher levels. I haven't played any 2/3's yet so maybe then 😂

Justaneng

Registered
Playing both APA (8-ball only) and USAPL (8-ball/10-ball Double Jeopardy). So far I’m 1/2 in APA. I’ve swept one match and got swept in the other.

In APA our team captain is an SL-5, and we have two people on our team higher than him: myself (SL-6/Fargo 450), and an SL-7/Fargo 520. We end up with a massive timeout problem. The three of us share coaching duties and we each have way different methods of approaching it, so when we call timeouts on each other it’s a clusterf**k.

So far in USAPL I’m 5-1 in 8-ball and 2-4 in 10-ball. This is odd because by an “eye test” I’m a much better rotation player (on a bar box), than an 8-ball player. However holding a line for 8-9 shots is still a problem and the Fargo 500+ club can punish me for it.

I’ve also missed a few straight shots on the 10 ball. So to compensate i try to work too hard on the 9, so I’ve scratched at least twice trying to move the cue ball to perfect position on the 10 instead of coming up a bit short and leaving myself the longer shot.

Gatz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Requalified for 8ball teams again and missed the 9ball by 1 point after 16 weeks! 😑

1st 943
2nd (us) 942
3rd 941

Pretty damn crazy if you ask me.

We qualified twice now for World Qualifier in 8ball. Maybe he'll give us a 9ball spot instead. Not sure if qualifying twice in one game gives you any benefits?

Attachments

• IMG_3225.png
    IMG_3225.png
    108 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_3226.png
    IMG_3226.png
    153.5 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_3224.png
    IMG_3224.png
    111.3 KB · Views: 31