How do you dress or appear at a pool hall?

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
My search brought up so many things that It could take years to find it. I hope some one will post a link. I remember it, but it would be fum to see again.
Season 3 Episode 10. Amazon has it for free with ads.

1715105933497.png

I’ll wear whatever I have on that day. It doesn’t matter. I drive a rusty truck there most of the time so it’s not like I’m rich or am looking to impress anybody.

Well I usually have to wear boots or running shoe type sneakers. Flat Nikes converse etc and sandals mess up my stance a little since I go to the hall in what I’m usually wearing which is boots or sneakers that seem to have a higher heel. I might have clothes dyed red from doing mulch at work that day. Doesn’t matter. Still will walk in as long as my hands/arms are clean enough. Sometimes I look good, sometimes🤤

For a bigger tournament I might throw on a collared shirt

MmmSharp

Nudge is as good as a wink to a blind bat.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Harry Anderson.

See Night Court Season 3; 2 part episode called "The wheels of justice", a good scene of Harry practicing pool. He was a good player.
Now i have to go back and look up that series. Man, was that every a good laugh.

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
I got a special med dosage and I sweat a lot.

Summer billiards when the AC breaks is smelly and gross.

The athletic jerseys only work outdoors where the moisture dries out, not inddors.

fashion materials engineering for indoor summer billiard playing without AC is my current research interest.

Fat guys need shirts that can dissolve and dissipate sweaty armpits.

I see Pagulayan playing shirtless in PI its so hot. So I mean where is the money to be made from billiard summer attire?

PI night temp is 95 degree Fahrenheit.

Pool Hustling USA needs Pool Hustling Manila

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am usually naked. Really throws people off.

Honestly, who cares what they wear to a pool hall anymore than they care on any other day?

Tournament play, I understand there are dress requirements. Which I abide by. Otherwise, I will wear whatever comes out of my drawer first.
Really? I was born like that. Incurable they said. Fortunately the treatment is readily available.

DynoDan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
These days, I always arrive in sport shirt, slacks, & clean running shoes (color coordinated). Only one though, as EVERYONE else there dresses like homeless bums. I guess, the older/uglier I get, the more I try to compensate with better clothes 😁.

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
After years of being in bars and around pool tables, gay guys hang out the most with women.

I might have to start dressing like a gay guy. I am afraid to get hit on in NYC by gay guy.

How aggressive are men? Is the risk worth the reward?

Are men really grabby?

Archie Bolton

It's a good practice to play and practice in the same clothes.
Having 'pool clothes' is a ritual that adds confidence.
It's unlikely to have much effect, but it still helps.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Levi’s 513 slim straight jeans, Skechers footwear and short sleeve T shirt, collared short sleeve shirt or a long sleeve
Henley shirt. Shirts are typically LL Bean or Sonoma brand. I wear a watch on my bridge hand but never any rings.

Last edited: