How does a Justis case go from Florida to Japan?

mullyman

Hung Like a Gnat!
Silver Member
Interesting. Order starts at the bottom and works it's way up.

6/22/2008
7:17 pm Transit through DHL facility San Francisco Gateway, CA
3:19 pm Depart Facility Wilmington, OH
8:54 am Processed at DHL Location. Wilmington, OH
6/21/2008
7:14 am Shipment on Hold. Wilmington, OH
5:07 am Processed at DHL Location. Wilmington, OH
3:39 am In transit. Wilmington, OH
6/20/2008
10:04 pm Depart Facility Fort Lauderdale, FL
7:41 pm Departing origin. Fort Lauderdale, FL
7:41 pm Processed at DHL Location. Fort Lauderdale, FL
4:26 pm Shipment picked up Fort Lauderdale, FL

I'm assuming the gateway in San Francisco is taking it out of the US. If all goes well I should have it by Wednesday but Thursday seems more realistic.
MULLY
 
shipping

I just sent a couple cues thru ups from thailand,this is how it is going:thumbup: :D

ROMULUS,
MI, US 23/06/2008 0:29 ARRIVAL SCAN
LOUISVILLE,
KY, US 22/06/2008 16:43 DEPARTURE SCAN
22/06/2008 10:38 IMPORT SCAN
LOUISVILLE,
KY, US 21/06/2008 6:08 REGISTERED WITH CLEARING AGENCY / SHIPMENT SUBMITTED TO CLEARING AGENCY
21/06/2008 6:08 REGISTERED WITH CLEARING AGENCY / RELEASED BY CLR AGENCY. NOW IN-TRANSIT
KOELN (COLOGNE),
DE 21/06/2008 2:56 DEPARTURE SCAN
KOELN (COLOGNE),
DE 20/06/2008 23:47 ARRIVAL SCAN
CHANGI,
SG 21/06/2008 4:44 ARRIVAL SCAN
DUBAI,
AE 20/06/2008 18:20 DEPARTURE SCAN
20/06/2008 17:00 ARRIVAL SCAN
MUMBAI,
IN 20/06/2008 16:12 DEPARTURE SCAN
BANGKOK,
TH 20/06/2008 1:50 DEPARTURE SCAN
BANGKOK,
TH 19/06/2008 23:33 ORIGIN SCAN
TH 19/06/2008 6:36 BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED
 
You guys probably don't give a rats ass about this but I found this interesting. The parts in red are what I posted yesterday and the new information is up above in black. Look at the part I highlighted in green. According to this it left Wimington, Ohio and went to San Francisco. It left San Francisco and WENT BACK TO Wilimington, Ohio and then on to Japan. No wonder shipping is so damn expensive. They fly the damn packages all over the place. What's the reason for returning to Ohio and why didn't they just send it from there instead of sending it to San Fran first?
MULLY

6/24/2008
4:47 pm Transit through DHL facility Osaka, Japan
2:06 am Transit through DHL facility Wilmington, OH
6/23/2008
12:59 pm Depart Facility San Francisco Gateway, CA


6/22/2008
7:17 pm Transit through DHL facility San Francisco Gateway, CA
3:19 pm Depart Facility Wilmington, OH

8:54 am Processed at DHL Location. Wilmington, OH
6/21/2008
7:14 am Shipment on Hold. Wilmington, OH
5:07 am Processed at DHL Location. Wilmington, OH
3:39 am In transit. Wilmington, OH
6/20/2008
10:04 pm Depart Facility Fort Lauderdale, FL
7:41 pm Departing origin. Fort Lauderdale, FL
7:41 pm Processed at DHL Location. Fort Lauderdale, FL
4:26 pm Shipment picked up Fort Lauderdale, FL

 
Last edited:
Could be an error in DHL tracking or maybe rerouted based on a better flight?


We've found that Express Mail works well and cost is just a few bucks more than Intl Priority Mail.
Plus you get tracking and signature confirmation. An option to consider when shipping international.
Here's one we shipped on Fri 6/20 and out for delivery on Tue 6/24 -

Service Type: Express Mail - Post Office to Addressee
Shipment Activity Location Date & Time
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Attempted Delivery Abroad AUSTRALIA 06/24/08
1:28pm
Attempted Delivery
Attempted Delivery Abroad AUSTRALIA 06/24/08
1:20pm
Attempted Delivery

At Foreign Delivery Unit AUSTRALIA 06/24/08
6:23am
At Foreign Delivery

Out of Foreign Customs AUSTRALIA 06/23/08 2:31pm
Into Foreign Customs AUSTRALIA 06/23/08 9:39am

Arrived Abroad AUSTRALIA 06/23/08 9:39am

International Dispatch UNITED STATES 06/21/08 3:28am

Processed CHICAGO IL 60666 06/21/08 3:27am

Processed ROCKFORD IL 61125 06/20/08 5:59pm

Acceptance LOVES PARK IL 61111 06/20/08 4:17pm

Electronic Shipping Info Received ROCKFORD IL 61114
06/20/08 3:32pm
Electronic Shipping
 
Entry

the 2:06 am entry on the 24th could just be a logic verification, and not a physical verification, in other words, their main computing hub.
 
EMS is very fast and cheaper... (It was shipped on a weekend, hence it looks like it took longer.) Use EMS when it is available to the country of Origin and Destination.

Service Type: Express Mail - Post Office to Addressee

Shipment Activity Location Date & Time
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Delivered Abroad HONG KONG
04/07/08 12:11pm

At Foreign Delivery Unit HONG KONG 04/07/08
7:09am
At Foreign Delivery

Out of Foreign Customs HONG KONG
04/06/08 2:26pm

Arrived Abroad HONG KONG
04/06/08 1:42pm

International Dispatch UNITED STATES
04/03/08 6:50pm

Processed MIAMI FL 33112
04/03/08 7:52am

Processed NASHVILLE TN 37227
04/02/08 4:43pm

Acceptance NASHVILLE TN 37221
04/02/08 11:21am
 
Last edited:
Quick update here:

6/25/2008
12:08 am Clearance Delay Osaka, Japan
12:07 am Transit through DHL facility Osaka, Japan
12:07 am Processing for clearance Osaka, Japan


Clearance delay????? What's up, Jack? Did you pack the case full of weed? HAHAHAHAHA!!!!
MULLY
 
Cleared customs at 5:31pm. Should be here tomorrow. Woohooo!!!

You know, importing leather products into Japan has a pretty high duty tacked on. I'm pretty sure it's 20%. I sure hope it's not going to cost me another 200 bucks.

Also, after watching the tracking information I have to wonder, what is the deal with all of the 12 plus hour delays with this company?
MULLY
as long as it gets here tomorrow though
 
CocoboloCowboy said:
How is the Custom thing in Japan, honest or do things disappear?


No, things don't disappear over here. The Japanese are probably the most honest people in the world. They take pride in their work and if something was to happen to my case they would definitely make up for it, or at least try to. It's like America 50 years ago here. I hope they never catch up.
MULLY
 
mullyman said:
No, things don't disappear over here. The Japanese are probably the most honest people in the world. They take pride in their work and if something was to happen to my case they would definitely make up for it, or at least try to. It's like America 50 years ago here. I hope they never catch up.
MULLY

GREAT,:thumbup:
 
She arrived this evening. Jack, again, you do fantastic work. The case is great. Right now it's holding 4 cues with a total of 7 shafts and there's still some wiggle room left in there. It's heavy when it's fully loaded but not as heavy as I thought it would be. I can't even imagine how heavy they must have been when they had tubes.

Thanks again, Jack! I love it!
MULLY
 
Have you tried FedEx or KWE (Kintetsu World Express)?

7 days????

I have sent stuff from US (California), that usually gets to the Japan destination in about 3-4 days.
 
Last edited:
mullyman said:
You guys probably don't give a rats ass about this but I found this interesting. The parts in red are what I posted yesterday and the new information is up above in black. Look at the part I highlighted in green. According to this it left Wimington, Ohio and went to San Francisco. It left San Francisco and WENT BACK TO Wilimington, Ohio and then on to Japan. No wonder shipping is so damn expensive. They fly the damn packages all over the place. What's the reason for returning to Ohio and why didn't they just send it from there instead of sending it to San Fran first?
MULLY

6/24/2008
4:47 pm Transit through DHL facility Osaka, Japan
2:06 am Transit through DHL facility Wilmington, OH
6/23/2008
12:59 pm Depart Facility San Francisco Gateway, CA


6/22/2008
7:17 pm Transit through DHL facility San Francisco Gateway, CA
3:19 pm Depart Facility Wilmington, OH

8:54 am Processed at DHL Location. Wilmington, OH
6/21/2008
7:14 am Shipment on Hold. Wilmington, OH
5:07 am Processed at DHL Location. Wilmington, OH
3:39 am In transit. Wilmington, OH
6/20/2008
10:04 pm Depart Facility Fort Lauderdale, FL
7:41 pm Departing origin. Fort Lauderdale, FL
7:41 pm Processed at DHL Location. Fort Lauderdale, FL
4:26 pm Shipment picked up Fort Lauderdale, FL


Maybe it's a DHL thing. I have had problems with DHL in the past. I avoid them like the plague, now.

Thanks for the post, I find it interesting to see how packages go from the US to Japan. Since, I ship and travel to Japan a lot.

I have tracked FedEx packages from Cali to Japan, and it seems much faster, with less interactions.
 
mullyman said:
No, things don't disappear over here. The Japanese are probably the most honest people in the world. They take pride in their work and if something was to happen to my case they would definitely make up for it, or at least try to. It's like America 50 years ago here. I hope they never catch up.
MULLY


Yeah, Japan doesn't lose packages. Clearing customs is really the only hold up. The company I work for, has had $100k+ parts get held up in customs for several days. So, having the customs paper work as accurate as possible is vital to getting your packages without too many delays.
 
mullyman said:
She arrived this evening. Jack, again, you do fantastic work. The case is great. Right now it's holding 4 cues with a total of 7 shafts and there's still some wiggle room left in there. It's heavy when it's fully loaded but not as heavy as I thought it would be. I can't even imagine how heavy they must have been when they had tubes.

Thanks again, Jack! I love it!
MULLY

Glad you got it safe.
woohoo.gif
 
Back
Top