How many people in this forum have their own table?

Do you have your own table for playing 14.1?

• Total voters

sausage

Banned
i had a 9' gold crown but sold it then bought a brunswick ventura proII off ebay for $100.00. it was a must buy situation...

fsarfino

♔ ♕ ♖ ♗ ♘ ♙
I have a 9' Gold Crown I in my basement. I also have a crappy 8' table in my garage, The only reason I still have the 8' in my garage is because I only have 2 cars and I have a 4 car garage.

3andstop

Focus
Silver Member
I have a 9'GC in my basement. I used to own a poolroom. I don't go out to pool rooms anymore because the music is ridiculous, and unfortunately I can't bring myself to enjoying practice by myself.

Unless an old friend comes by to play, the table makes a great place to fold laundry.

Demondrew

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a table at home. I bought it sight unseen. Fast forward 3 months. . .I have the table set up and my mechanic calls me down to the basement and askes if I know how big the pockets are. Then he shows me 3 7/8" corner pockets! The previous owner was a one-pocket player. I love the table but practice is all it is good for. My family wants to make balls and have fun. This table is beautiful but to tight for a family. I'm waiting until the cloth needs replaced then I'm going to see if the rails can be cut to make the pockets 4 1/2". Either that or look for another table.

Andy

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We now live in an apartment but it has a 25 x 35 foot rec room. I have my 4 x 8 Olhausen in it. It's been moved twice since it was originally set up in the house we bought several years ago and lost in bankruptcy after losing my job. Room is unheated, unfortunately, but it doesn't get too bad.

BigRigTom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a Brunswick Pro 8 foot (8' oversized) in my garage and I play in both bars and pool halls during APA 8 and 9 ball leagues.

When it comes to 14.1 which just recently got into I play that almost exclusively at home or at a friends house..... several of my friends have pool tables at home but most of them do not play 14.1

I think to play serious 14.1 you need a table in a reasonably private situation. I love my own music but I can not focus if I have to listen to some of the crap that is played in public pool rooms and bars.

I like people but again when there are annoying or ignorant people all around the table it is impossible to stay focused on the patterns and position and speed and angle and etc etc etc like is necessary to play good 14.1.:cool:

Now that I have talked myself into it I think I will go out to the garage and hit a few balls.... he he:cool:

Bigjohn

Support Our Troops!
Silver Member
I got one...

here it is.

Attachments

• DSC04367.JPG
    DSC04367.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 156

fsarfino

♔ ♕ ♖ ♗ ♘ ♙
I have a table at home. I bought it sight unseen. Fast forward 3 months. . .I have the table set up and my mechanic calls me down to the basement and askes if I know how big the pockets are. Then he shows me 3 7/8" corner pockets! The previous owner was a one-pocket player. I love the table but practice is all it is good for. My family wants to make balls and have fun. This table is beautiful but to tight for a family. I'm waiting until the cloth needs replaced then I'm going to see if the rails can be cut to make the pockets 4 1/2". Either that or look for another table.

Andy

Depending on how the pockets were tightened up this could be a very easy fix.

If the previous owner just used multiple facings to tighten up the pockets then you could have a mechanic remove the rails. Then loosen up the cloth on the rails around the pockets and replace the facings. Since you have extra cloth on the rails you should'nt have to replace the rail cloth.

Demondrew

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not so lucky. The sub-rails are full length. I needed to get 118" rubber so it could be cut to the proper length. My mechanic says the rail needs to be recut.

Andy

Slickstick9

Play on
Silver Member
the table is my sancuary. I would rather get rid of the couch instead of the table. I am at work right now and can't wait to hit balls tonight. I even enjoy the many hours of practice I do alone. It is all for when you get to step out on the town and apply what you know. I love this game.

tuffstuff07

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got a cheaper 8ft brunswick for free from a customer at my old job and because the wife said I could put it in the garage.

Its nothing special but it gets the job done now if only the garage was nicer on my old house.

JE54

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've got 2, a 9ft Brunswick Montebello & 7ft. Valley bar box................

sausage

Banned
i've upped this pic before but i feel it's apropo to do so again. got it for $100 on craigslist sans cloth and center pockets :grin-square: it now has new pockets and champion tournament cloth.

it's a brunswick venturaII Pro. i can't find anything wrong with it besides my play.

Attachments

• brunswick-ventura-II-web.jpg
    brunswick-ventura-II-web.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 212

maldito

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Actually, this is kind of funny.
The room wasn't really crowded.

They try to give people the table they ask for.

So basically, the room has like 20 tables. So when i walked in, you had like 3 pool tables going up front, both billiard tables going on one side in the back, and i was all alone in the back on the pool tables in the early afternoon.

So where do you play as it is unusual to find a rm with 2 billiard tables in it.

gunzby

My light saber is LD
Silver Member
I do have one, but it is at my brother's house because I don't have room for it at my house :(

A requirement of the next house will be room for a table.

SUPERSTAR

I am Keyser Söze
Silver Member
I have to say, i am slightly of jealous of all the people that have their own table or access to a private one for the game of 14.1.

I will also say that of the all the people that voted so far, that i just have an enormous amount of respect for those that have no choice but to attempt to go for, or have achieved their high runs in public pool halls.

That is not to say that i don't have respect for the other group, but admittedly, knowing how bananas i get when having to deal with crowds, i personally think they kind of have an advantage in 14.1 when it comes to not having distractions.
Then again, i might have it completely wrong and they might have kids running around, the spouse constantly complaining, and the phone ringing off the hook, not to mention pets climbing onto the table, into pockets and out of ball returns, but i still think given both sets of circumstances, the private table people have a distinct advantage over the public pool hall people.

Thank you everyone for voting so far.
We'll see if it ultimately ends at the 4-1 home to public ratio.

But still, those numbers are a very strong indicator for the majority of people who play 14.1 in this forum, and the conditions they tend to expect.

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
here it is.

Bigjohn:

That's the wrong gameroom for this forum -- there's a rack of 9-ball on that table! Boo, hiss!

:D

J/K. I like the way it's set up -- sort of like a billiard sanctuary. With the slope of the ceiling, I gather this is a finished attic?

Very cool! :thumbup2:

-Sean

Demondrew

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I find playing at home by myself almost a chore. I have four runs over fifty (52, 54, 56 and 60) all were at a pool hall, during competition and all but the 60 were during league matches. I play much better during competition, than when practicing.

Andy

nmihiylov

Registered
Here's Mine

I've got a 9' Brunswick Santa Fe in the basement. I enjoy having a table at home so that I can spend any free time practicing....and I do need the practice!!!! - 14.1 can be very humbling at times.

Attachments

• P3170022.jpg
    P3170022.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 162

BigRigTom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is one cool looking "basement"!
Here is my garage since we are all playing show and tell....
BigRigTom_Garage_Pool_Room.jpg