How to build a crate for slates?

Katipunan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can anyone give me an idea of how to do this for a nine foot table, what materials will I need and pictures or drawings if any. This is so I can ship, handle and store the slates safely. Thanks in advance.
Gabriel

Ralph Kramden

BOOM!.. ZOOM!.. MOON!
Silver Member
Get some cardboard moving boxes and cut them to lay flat on the slates. Cut
wood strips to protect the edge and duct tape. They're heavy enough already.

Last edited:

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can anyone give me an idea of how to do this for a nine foot table, what materials will I need and pictures or drawings if any. This is so I can ship, handle and store the slates safely. Thanks in advance.
Gabriel

Call Brunswick and ask them how they ship their slates.

PUTT4DACA$$H

Silver Member
Slate crates

Gabriel

I use 2x6 when making slate crates. I like to frame around each slate with 2x6 and then use 2x4 for the uprights on both sides. With the slate sandwiched in between the 2x4s it is really close to the same thickness as the 2x6. I make a seperate crate for each slate so it is easy for the movers to use a handtruck on each one. Dont forget to mark the top of each piece so they dont set the crate upside down on the slate pins if you have those.

Good Luck and
dont fall into the trap of making a cheap crate and then be scratching your head on the other end wondering how they got broken!!

if you call me I can take a few pictures of some slates that are crated for shipping they way I do it, and send them to you.

Gordon
425-275-8255

Last edited:

Katipunan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I use 2x6 when making slate crates. I like to frame around each slate with 2x6 and then use 2x4 for the uprights on both sides. With the slate sandwiched in between the 2x4s it is really close to the same thickness as the 2x6. I make a seperate crate for each slate so it is easy for the movers to use a handtruck on each one. Dont forget to mark the top of each piece so they dont set the crate upside down on the slate pins if you have those.

Good Luck and
dont fall into the trap of making a cheap crate and then be scratching your head on the other end wondering how they got broken!!

if you call me I can take a few pictures of some slates that are crated for shipping they way I do it, and send them to you.

Gordon
425-275-8255

Thank you Gordon for the advice and sending pictures of crated slates. Gabriel

Attachments

• Slate Crate.jpg
    Slate Crate.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 152