How to level a pool table when the floor you have it on moves

I'm trying to put floor jacks under the pool table in the basement so the floor would stop moving and it moves the balls a little bit what is the best possible way to level the pool table and not have the floor move

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Nothing you do to the table will stop the floor from moving. Fix what's broken...the floor.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

I'm trying to put floor jacks under the pool table in the basement so the floor would stop moving and it moves the balls a little bit what is the best possible way to level the pool table and not have the floor move
The floor doesn't move at all really really but now my table is not level. It's the floor that is not level, as it's 125 year old house

Or if my dogs play in the floor the pool balls move a hair. I think after I put a jack under there they don't move now but I only have it under the legs that the floor leans that way

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This makes no sense to me. OP's posts are hard to make sense of. HOW is the table moving? How can dogs playing make balls move??? What kind of table is this? A REALLY light one it sounds like. Did OP put the table together???? Why wasn't frame leveled if he did?? This whole deal is strange.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
yes either his table is very light weight or his floor is bouncy as he seems to think. and moving around on it makes the table vibrate. old houses may have only 2 by 4's for support under some rooms. not much he can do about that other than add support under the floor if he has exposed joists under the floor that he can get to.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
yes either his table is very light weight or his floor is bouncy as he seems to think. and moving around on it makes the table vibrate. old houses may have only 2 by 4's for support under some rooms. not much he can do about that other than add support under the floor if he has exposed joists under the floor that he can get to.
Said it was in the basement. Don't most basements have some sort of concrete slab floor? Weird.

This makes no sense to me. OP's posts are hard to make sense of. HOW is the table moving? How can dogs playing make balls move??? What kind of table is this? A REALLY light one it sounds like. Did OP put the table together???? Why wasn't frame leveled if he did?? This whole deal is strange.
It's a old house that has shifted. The floor is kinda loose. I have a AMF playmaster table. It's pretty heavy

Said it was in the basement. Don't most basements have some sort of concrete slab floor? Weird.
No I put jacks in basement so the main floor would stop moving so much. It's a very old house and the room it is in has no supports in basement to keep it from moving. The floor was not built to have all the weight on it and has shifted because it's over 115 years old

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't see how doing anything other than replacing the structure beneath the floor can change the instability.

You question is confusing. You don't need to know how to level the table, you need to know how to keep the table level while the floor moves. WHILE THE FLOOR MOVES.

I don't think it is possible with any common resources. There is a self leveling pool table for cruise ships, but you'd probably be better off putting that table in a different house. Like one that is safe to put a table in.