My thoughts.
If you are 2nd ball breaking in 8 ball, put the small ball in front. It doesn't need to touch either ball its next to, but it needs to be centered or leaning towards the side you are not breaking from. This allows you to hit the second ball more fully with less risk of a scratch.
If you head ball break in 8 ball put the small ball in the back corner.
If the 8 ball is too small you need to break harder. Not sure whether to side break or head ball break in this case.
am I doing it right? Any other opinions or thoughts?
I have seen 2 smaller stripes/solids and 1 smaller 8 ball in the last week during league.
If you are 2nd ball breaking in 8 ball, put the small ball in front. It doesn't need to touch either ball its next to, but it needs to be centered or leaning towards the side you are not breaking from. This allows you to hit the second ball more fully with less risk of a scratch.
If you head ball break in 8 ball put the small ball in the back corner.
If the 8 ball is too small you need to break harder. Not sure whether to side break or head ball break in this case.
am I doing it right? Any other opinions or thoughts?
I have seen 2 smaller stripes/solids and 1 smaller 8 ball in the last week during league.