How to Run Out in 8-Ball on a Bar Box

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
The table seem to play better than most bar tables I often encounter. Was that your cue ball or is that the cue ball that's generally found on the bar table? It looks like it draws very easily and was a little easier to play position with then i'm often used to seeing on many bar tables.
Thanks.

This is a Valley bar box in typical condition (in my experience). The balls are also typical (beat up and dirty), with the standard Valley bar box CB (same weight as OBs).

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dave I read on your PBIA intro where barbox 8ball is your favorite game. Your attitude while running those racks proves that. I love 1 pkt but barbox 8ball is a blast and way easier to find a game.

As for the video I thought you were a little reckless a few times and you acknowledged so with commenting on hitting too hard. I call it splashing the pot and feel it isn't always pretty but if you give yourself a chance it can work out. Like you said one good shot can really make the seemingly impossible rather simple.

Boo on the jump cue. That is why I call them the "can't play shape stick" , you put yourself there.

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
Dave I read on your PBIA intro where barbox 8ball is your favorite game. Your attitude while running those racks proves that. I love 1 pkt but barbox 8ball is a blast and way easier to find a game.

As for the video I thought you were a little reckless a few times and you acknowledged so with commenting on hitting too hard. I call it splashing the pot and feel it isn't always pretty but if you give yourself a chance it can work out. Like you said one good shot can really make the seemingly impossible rather simple.

Boo on the jump cue. That is why I call them the "can't play shape stick" , you put yourself there.

The jump shot is an important weapon in modern pool, but I can see why players who can’t jump don’t like it. 🤭

telinoz

Registered
Good video.
I picked same sets Dave, same patterns, all good.

I have not gone through all your vids, but do you have barbox 9ball and 10ball examples?
The local league in Sydney plays that and 8ball.
It would be interesting to see your break positions for 9ball and 10ball on a bar box.
We have a mixture of Diamond 7ft and Valley 7ft here.

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
Good video.
I picked same sets Dave, same patterns, all good.

I have not gone through all your vids, but do you have barbox 9ball and 10ball examples?
The local league in Sydney plays that and 8ball.
It would be interesting to see your break positions for 9ball and 10ball on a bar box.
We have a mixture of Diamond 7ft and Valley 7ft here.

I don't have any bar box 9-ball/10-ball videos, but all important strategy and advice (including how to adjust CB position, cut angle, and spin to make key balls go where they should) are covered in detail in the videos, articles, and info here:

Enjoy!

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
FYI, I just posted a new video with 15 8-ball runouts on a "bar box," with challenging layouts and problems to solve. Detailed analysis and advice is provided. If you disagree with any of the ball group, shot, or pattern choices, please post replies with MM:SS timestamps and explain what you would have done differently. Check it out:

Contents:
0:00 - Intro
1:06 - Rack 1
4:06 - Rack 2
5:33 - Rack 3
7:34 - Rack 4
9:41 - Rack 5
11:03 - Rack 6-15
13:23 - Wrap Up

As always, I look forward to your feedback, comments, questions, complaints, and requests.

Enjoy!
Another great video from Dr. Dave (you must be awful tired of hearing that :)) Great shooting too!!

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
Another great video from Dr. Dave (you must be awful tired of hearing that :)) Great shooting too!!

Thanks. And thanks!!

FYI, I never get tired of feedback (positive or negative), especially the supportive or constructive kind.