How Would You Play This? 11/21

TX Poolnut said:
I know this is a bit of a stretch, but it creates distance and there are blockers. A little speed control is all you need. Just be careful of the scratch.

CueTable Help


This is a real nice shot, and I use it a lot. You can use it in almost every match you play. You get long distance, and if you have good speedcontrol it is possible to hide the balls.
 
Vinnie said:
How about this with a kill shot? Might be too risky though.

CueTable Help



This is also a good idea but I think for most players, the liklihood of success is in direct proportion to the distance of the shot. It may not appear this way in the diagram but he was pretty far away from the 1-ball.
 
Vinnie said:
How about this with a kill shot? Might be too risky though.

CueTable Help


This was my first thought also. The speed control is tricky, but even if you hit it too hard, you can bump the 6 slightly forward, and still hook your opponent.

BTW, thanks for saving me the trouble of learning to use cuetable right at this moment. I will eventually, just not right now.
:wink: :D
 
You MIGHT be able to do this. Hard to tell without being at the table. But safeties like this are quite possible, especially if you play a lot of one pocket you will develop a touch for this shot.

CueTable Help

 
iusedtoberich said:
You MIGHT be able to do this. Hard to tell without being at the table. But safeties like this are quite possible, especially if you play a lot of one pocket you will develop a touch for this shot.

CueTable Help



Personally, if I'm within 2 feet of the object ball, I like this shot. The further and further away I get, the less I like it. I want to KNOW I'm not going to miss the ball entirely or end up hitting it too full and not getting the intended result.

Also, jump cues ARE allowed and although I'll let a guy jump all day, I don't know if I want him jumping in the direction of the 9-ball at hill-hill. Honestly, part of what was going through my mind was trying to figure out a way to make sure the other guy wasn't going to get an opportunity at a random whack at the 9.
 
I mean, regarding Vinnie and iusedtoberich's idea, if you execute it the way you diagram, you're obviously in execellent shape and obviously, this shot works. They're good ideas but I like them less than Roy's.
 
Jude Rosenstock said:
I mean, regarding Vinnie and iusedtoberich's idea, if you execute it the way you diagram, you're obviously in execellent shape and obviously, this shot works. They're good ideas but I like them less than Roy's.

I agree. It would take a nice delicate kill shot from that distance which is why my idea might be a little to risky. A too full hit with a kill shot might line up an easy 1-9 combo.

CueTable Help

 
Last edited:
Just curious........

WHY didn't you see Roy's shot as an option? If you don't see that right away.......time to reprogram..

Find the nearest snooker table :) and spend a few weeks there.

J/K:wink:

td
 
Back
Top