Hydro dipping BK Rush

Anyone ever hydro dipped a cue, would love to try and make my Rush match my player. Thanks

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
Anyone ever hydro dipped a cue, would love to try and make my Rush match my player. Thanks

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk
what is the WORST thing to do to a cue shaft or Butt? .....Immerse it in water.....
BUT, In My opinion....it's the same as putting your pen!s in an electrical outlet....you'll be shocked with the results!

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hydro dipped removes finish and deposits a layer of metal. It’s a chemical process. This yahoo must mean something else!

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hydro dipped removes finish and deposits a layer of metal. It’s a chemical process. This yahoo must mean something else!
I think you might be thinking of anodizing?
Hydro dipping is just paint on the surface of water as far as I understand. It means you have to submerge the cue in water, which is an obvious no-no.

tg_vegas

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
If he's only dipping sealed wood, and protecting the ends with tape, and only in there for 10 seconds or so, I would think you could get away with that. Remove it and immediately hang to dry/cure for a while.

Clearly it has been done, based upon the videos. Heck, lots of builders wet-sand, which isn't that much of a difference..

Rodney

hot7339
Silver Member
At what $$ cue would you not dip it? If you have an answer to that question, don’t dip it!

seanjonsean

Otanisan Cues
Silver Member

im glad u saw my vid, it was an older Mcdermott cue and i was very aprehensive in immersing cue in water , but i gave it a go and cue is allright and still in action,those skulls id say are the best i got out of hydro dipping, i did other HD on stuff and i found out ,do not go cheap buy the best product you can, btw i sealed skulls with epoxy then cleared over them with Chroma clear...