I’ve now seen it all!

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
The age of TikTok, never been on it or really know what the hell it is, but I know it makes people stupid. Exactly as the Chinese government wants.
1714351545809.png

Flakeandrun

From older formats like MySpace, Bebo, Tumblr, Vine, to newer ones like Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Reddit and anything operating in even a vaguely similar format etc etc etc all fit into essentially the same bracket. It's not like it's a new thing. As if TikTok is the root of all evil, but the countless other APPs you use are not... lol

I don't use it, but then I don't really use anything other than methods of communicating with my family, or APPs necessary to function where I am currently living. It's bizarre to me that some Apps are actually essential in this age, and will be for the foreseeable future.

Let's not forget... pretty much any app that caters to anything is meant to facilitate an easier (and therefore dumber) reality. The world is lazier than it has ever been before.

Take your pick of those Apps, and hate them all the same, honestly. Digitization of all aspects of life doesn't exactly scream human progress to me... But then It is not too different from the last band of luddites who still can't make it past one news source when deciding what their version of truth is... Radio is making us dumber. TVs are making us dumber. Computers are making us dumber. APPs are making us dumber. VR is making us dumber. Curious as to what's next...

Last edited:

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
Radio is making us dumber. TVs are making us dumber. Computers are making us dumber. APPs are making us dumber. VR is making us dumber. Curious as to what's next...
Well, the food is also making us dumber. Or at least sicker and fatter. Our water treatment plants are running on outdated tech that we basically just keep limping by with because no funding. The medicines in the water don't really get filtered out or treated. Microplastics in everything, from rain water to the soil, in our blood and in fetuses. We're all F'ed but for one short moment in history the shareholders sure did make a good profit.

The reason Tik Tok is so nefarious is that it's insanely addictive. The other crazy part is that if you use the same app in China you don't see all the degenerate stuff. It's an entirely different internet ecosystem. Why is it ok for China to keep the degeneracy out of the eyes of their populace but infect the world with it? I agree that other apps and social media are dumbing us down, they are made to be addictive and keep people using them. Not just here's a good idea to keep people interested, but literally engineered to make addicts of their users. The trouble I see with Tik Tok is that it can absolutely spy on us, feeds us unhealthy realities, addicts us to pills in the name of mental health, and can promote any thread of thought that a foreign adversary wants to push on our populace at large. Heck look at how they basically shut down our representatives phone network through one post to their users.

Anyway... at least we have pool to keep us sane! ;)

EDIT: Tik Tok has a similar vibe to when Britan addiced China to opium. Feed the "adversaries" poison and profit from it.

Flakeandrun

Well, the food is also making us dumber. Or at least sicker and fatter. Our water treatment plants are running on outdated tech that we basically just keep limping by with because no funding. The medicines in the water don't really get filtered out or treated. Microplastics in everything, from rain water to the soil, in our blood and in fetuses. We're all F'ed but for one short moment in history the shareholders sure did make a good profit.
Has it ever been different?
The reason Tik Tok is so nefarious is that it's insanely addictive. The other crazy part is that if you use the same app in China you don't see all the degenerate stuff. It's an entirely different internet ecosystem. Why is it ok for China to keep the degeneracy out of the eyes of their populace but infect the world with it?
I mean, what's your proof of this? I live here, and I can see there is plenty of degenerative nonsense on Douyin based on what my friends watch or share with me... I don't think it is really all that different. All countries manipulate, censor and profit (in an ideological and economic sense) from the APPs, and other APPs too. So yes, the content is different in some aspects. But just because specific forms of censorship aren't spelled out in bold letters, doesn't mean that it doesn't take place in 'free countries'

I agree that other apps and social media are dumbing us down, they are made to be addictive and keep people using them. Not just here's a good idea to keep people interested, but literally engineered to make addicts of their users.
Agree. But then so are all other consumerist enterprises... Just look at how Predator fanboys rabbit on 😂

The trouble I see with Tik Tok is that it can absolutely spy on us, feeds us unhealthy realities, addicts us to pills in the name of mental health, and can promote any thread of thought that a foreign adversary wants to push on our populace at large. Heck look at how they basically shut down our representatives phone network through one post to their users.
So do many other Apps, and institutions. Data collection is much easier now than it's ever been. But we've had test scores and National Education, Census' and numerous other things dating back thousand+ years if we really wanted to get into the obscure reality of coercion, control and maintenance of power.

Anyway... at least we have pool to keep us sane! ;)
Hahahaha unless we are having an off day!

EDIT: Tik Tok has a similar vibe to when Britan addiced China to opium. Feed the "adversaries" poison and profit from it.
Like this analogy. But can't say I agree.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts in an open and anti-inflammatory way. A rarity in the internet age! haha

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The age of TikTok, never been on it or really know what the hell it is, but I know it makes people stupid. Exactly as the Chinese government wants.
China's no more responsible for America than the South American drug lords are.

It is the customers who create the need.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Has it ever been different?

I mean, what's your proof of this? I live here, and I can see there is plenty of degenerative nonsense on Douyin based on what my friends watch or share with me... I don't think it is really all that different. All countries manipulate, censor and profit (in an ideological and economic sense) from the APPs, and other APPs too. So yes, the content is different in some aspects. But just because specific forms of censorship aren't spelled out in bold letters, doesn't mean that it doesn't take place in 'free countries'

Agree. But then so are all other consumerist enterprises... Just look at how Predator fanboys rabbit on 😂

So do many other Apps, and institutions. Data collection is much easier now than it's ever been. But we've had test scores and National Education, Census' and numerous other things dating back thousand+ years if we really wanted to get into the obscure reality of coercion, control and maintenance of power.

Hahahaha unless we are having an off day!

Like this analogy. But can't say I agree.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts in an open and anti-inflammatory way. A rarity in the internet age! haha
Youre clearly part of the Chinese Plan.

Lol.

Flakeandrun

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
From older formats like MySpace, Bebo, Tumblr, Vine, to newer ones like Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Reddit and anything operating in even a vaguely similar format etc etc etc all fit into essentially the same bracket. It's not like it's a new thing. As if TikTok is the root of all evil, but the countless other APPs you use are not... lol

I don't use it, but then I don't really use anything other than methods of communicating with my family, or APPs necessary to function where I am currently living. It's bizarre to me that some Apps are actually essential in this age, and will be for the foreseeable future.

Let's not forget... pretty much any app that caters to anything is meant to facilitate an easier (and therefore dumber) reality. The world is lazier than it has ever been before.

Take your pick of those Apps, and hate them all the same, honestly. Digitization of all aspects of life doesn't exactly scream human progress to me... But then It is not too different from the last band of luddites who still can't make it past one news source when deciding what their version of truth is... Radio is making us dumber. TVs are making us dumber. Computers are making us dumber. APPs are making us dumber. VR is making us dumber. Curious as to what's next...
Most apps serve a purpose, Waze is for driving direction's, Predator break speed app is to get break speed, I use a GPS app to check speedo accuracy, my Nest app allows me to check HVAC system remotely and lock my door, etc.. what useful purpose does the Tic Tok app serve???