I am history's greatest monster.

SARDiver

JCC Chief
Silver Member
I played an intentional foul in order to get my opponent to ultimately get three fouls and lose 18 points.

Good, right? Part of the game, right?

Yeah. My opponent was my 10 year old daughter. LOL I feel like I kissed Pol Pot on the mouth. Or threw at my son during the Father-Son Little League game. (He was crowding the plate!)

I spot her 75 points in a race to 100, and she's my main competition as I learn the game. I can run 9 or 10 balls with some regularity, but my best run is only 17. Our strategies are very different. She only needs to make a few balls per rack, and so she leaves me with the difficult breakout shots, has no problem making the break ball when it isn't the break shot, etc. I have to deal with clusters, set-up for the next rack, etc. She's more than happy to take the ball I leave in the jaws, shoot a few more, and call it a win. She's been beating me lately. She's improved to the point where I have to play defense more and more. It's good training for me, but yesterday, I had the chance, with all balls behind the head string and her on a foul, to play for the points. She knew the rule, and she missed the shots.

I feel somewhat ashamed. Yet, I threw the game at the end because I saw how badly she felt about the point hit.

Maybe there's hope for me.

Maybe I'll beat her at hopscotch tomorrow.

Last edited:

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My opponent was my 10 year old daughter.

I spot her 75 points in a race to 100, and she's my main competition as I learn the game. I can run 9 or 10 balls with some regularity, but my best run is only 17. Our strategies are very different. She only needs to make a few balls per rack, and so she leaves me with the difficult breakout shots, has no problem making the break ball when it isn't the break shot, etc. I have to deal with clusters, set-up for the next rack, etc. She's more than happy to take the ball I leave in the jaws, shoot a few more, and call it a win. She's been beating me lately. She's improved to the point where I have to play defense more and more. It's good training for me, but yesterday, I had the chance, with all balls behind the head string and her on a foul, to play for the points.

Most guys I play shoot the break balls first chance they get. 2nd priority is any key balls to break clusters. Shoot them away from the breakout.

SARDiver

JCC Chief
Silver Member
She plays the break ball for the point it gives her. It's usually sitting right there and gives a good shot into one of the corner pockets. She doesn't leave it there to use as the break shot, because she doesn't need it as a break shot. She's smart enough to know that she can leave me tough on the next rack, and is happy to take a few balls here and there.

Quite impressive, actually.

michael4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I played an intentional foul in order to get my opponent to ultimately get three fouls and lose 18 points.

My opponent was my 10 year old daughter. LOL

I threw the game at the end because I saw how badly she felt about the point hit.

Maybe I'll beat her at hopscotch tomorrow.

funny story.....its tough deciding how competitive to be against your kids.....:thumbup: