I Beat Corey Deuel & Alex Pagulayan

!Smorgass Bored

Hump ? What HUMP ?
Gold Member
I went up to Capone's and watched the last four matches of the Florida Pro Tour. I can't wait to see them again on www.ProPoolVideo.com
TK from FLA was having flashbacks and playing great and I was certain that he was going to snap it off. But, even second place money was almost as good as winning three of his tournaments.
Most of the players drifted off to XXXXXXX Billiards before the end of the tournament at Capone's to attempt to match up. Corey played Lee Van Corteza two races of nineball to 11 for 500 jellybeans each on the 9' Diamond table and lost them both.
They broke out the cards & chips to play a little $1-$2 No Limit Hold 'Em and the table quickly filled up with poolplayers... Donnie Mills, James Roberts, Edwin Montal, Dan Lavoie, Corey Deuel, Alex Pagulayan, Justin P., Dougie Fresh and a couple more. Corey playes poker like I play pool and he was quickly sent to the spectator's seats. Alex was doing well until I hit an Ace high flush on the river and got him to call a large bet by telling him that he 'didn't have the gonads to call my bet', when he asked if i wanted a call. He lost the hand, began muttering to himself and left the game with his head hanging down :) Life is Good.... imo
Doug
( poker, the great equalizer )

Last edited:

Handsumm

Banned
CaptainHook said:
I'm in such a good mood today, I repped everyone in this thread.:D
Wait, I just got in!

Anyways, I would love to play poker with those guys. A game I could actually win.

instroke75

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
how late?

Smorgass Bored said:
I went up to Capone's and watched the last four matches of the Florida Pro Tour. I can't wait to see them again on www.ProPoolVideo.com
TK from FLA was having flashbacks and playing great and I was certain that he was going to snap it off. But, even second place money was almost as good as winning three of his tournaments.
Most of the players drifted off to Hammer Heads Billiards before the end of the tournament at Capone's to attempt to match up. Corey played Lee Van Corteza two races of nineball to 11 for 500 jellybeans each on the 9' Diamond table and lost them both.
They broke out the cards & chips to play a little $1-$2 No Limit Hold 'Em and the table quickly filled up with poolplayers... Donnie Mills, James Roberts, Edwin Montal, Dan Lavoie, Corey Deuel, Alex Pagulayan, Justin P., Dougie Fresh and a couple more. Corey playes poker like I play pool and he was quickly sent to the spectator's seats. Alex was doing well until I hit an Ace high flush on the river and got him to call a large bet by telling him that he 'didn't have the gonads to call my bet', when he asked if i wanted a call. He lost the hand, began muttering to himself and left the game with his head hanging down :) Life is Good.... imo
Doug

when was that, i was there all day playimg in the KBP amateur event, i was there till 8 or 9,i saw Corey come and go, David Broxson came by and hit balls for a while with Emily! but there was no one there when i left.

dainese919

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
congrats! It must be a lot fun to play cards with those great players~
most of them might be "too striaght a shooter to bluff" on a poker table~:)

AZE

DeucesCracked Instructor
Silver Member
You're missing out on one very important factor... how much did you take from them?

!Smorgass Bored

Hump ? What HUMP ?
Gold Member
I Felt Like Mr. Green Jeans

dainese919 said:
congrats! It must be a lot fun to play cards with those great players~
most of them might be "too striaght a shooter to bluff" on a poker table~:)

LOL, not quite. My friend Justin was sitting to my immediate right and had raised pre-flop with a pair of pocket Kings. Everyone folded around to Corey and he called the raise. The flop came junk, junk, junk (one of the 'junks' was a deuce) and Corey went ALL IN and Justin called. Corey turned over a 2 and 3 and had a pair of twos. My friend laughed, because he had Kings.... the next card was another deuce and it was Corey laughing then. Corey bet all his money like a Donkey with nothing and received a whole bale of hay. Corey looked likt THIS :)
A few hands later, I spanked Corey's little Donkey butt.... The Donkey shouldn't mess with the ranch owner... :)
Doug

!Smorgass Bored

Hump ? What HUMP ?
Gold Member
I Won Enough JellyBeans To Aggravate My Diabetes :)

AZE said:
You're missing out on one very important factor... how much did you take from them?

Well, I'm not going to give the exact amount but, there was over $1,500 in chips on the table and I was the big winner. Alex WAS the big winner until I releived him of a big pile of his burdensome chips. I told him that I was going to build a 'wall of chips' and that he would no longer be able to see anything but the top of my hat sticking up over them.... :)
Doug

!Smorgass Bored

Hump ? What HUMP ?
Gold Member
instroke75 said:
when was that, i was there all day playimg in the KBP amateur event, i was there till 8 or 9,i saw Corey come and go, David Broxson came by and hit balls for a while with Emily! but there was no one there when i left.

I got there about 10:30. Corey was playing races with Lee Van Corteza back in the far corner. The poker game started around midnight.
Sorry to have missed you.
Doug
( the game 'usually' starts after the doors close at 2:00 a.m. )

instroke75

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
oh well, left too early! i got knocked out of the tourney, but ended up matching up and winning $600(tourney only paid $400), so it wasn't a terrible day!....next time, Jeremy

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Smorgass Bored said:
...( poker, the great equalizer )...

How did I miss this thread today?! :p

Now you just may be ready to play me some. :D

I'll be sitting at the Hold'Em (fixed limit) table on PS, come this weekend, early morning hours. I'll be wearing the purple shirt. Efren Reyes will be standing behind me. :D

JAM <---[Why does the shirt have to be purple?! :eek: ]

!Smorgass Bored

Hump ? What HUMP ?
Gold Member
JAM said:
How did I miss this thread today?! :p

Now you just may be ready to play me some. :D

I'll be sitting at the Hold'Em (fixed limit) table on PS, come this weekend, early morning hours. I'll be wearing the purple shirt. Efren Reyes will be standing behind me. :D

JAM <---[Why does the shirt have to be purple?! :eek: ]

Because that's the color of Jimbo's Army ? :)
Doug
( at least it's not a purple dress )

shanesinnott

Follow Through
Silver Member
Smorgass Bored said:
Most of the players drifted off to Hammer Heads Billiards before the end of the tournament at Capone's to attempt to match up. Corey played Lee Van Corteza two races of nineball to 11 for 500 jellybeans each on the 9' Diamond table and lost them both.
Doug

Doug,

The word on the street is that Alex is pretty sporty at 'playing them cards'......you got to see first hand, so other than how the cards fell, how would you rate the card playin' ability of The Lion?

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Smorgass Bored said:
Because that's the color of Jimbo's Army ? :)
Doug
( at least it's not a purple dress )

Oh, the Purple Wars, the invisible Gang of 10, and then the sucker-punching monkeys. I'm getting PTSD just thinking about it! :eek:

JAM

!Smorgass Bored

Hump ? What HUMP ?
Gold Member
I Like The Way Alex Plays

shanesinnott said:
Doug,

The word on the street is that Alex is pretty sporty at 'playing them cards'......you got to see first hand, so other than how the cards fell, how would you rate the card playin' ability of The Lion?

Alex plays loose-aggresive, he get's married to his hand, but he moves lots of players off their hand by putting chips in the pot. In the hand where I won a big pot, there was a pre-flop raise with four players in and another bet on the flop, then the pot odds dictated that I call his $30 bet on the turn and the implied odds were in my favor also. I had the A-Q of Diamonds and the highest card on the board was a Jack and there were two diamonds on board. I figured that I could win by hitting a Diamond OR an Ace or Queen. The 7 of diamonds fell on the river and I bet $75. Telling Alex that 'he didn't have the gonads' to call my bet cracked Corey up and enticed Alex to call.
Doug's rule #7= Always question their manhood when enticing a call.... :)
Doug
( and sometimes Alex actually HAS 'something'..... :) )

Edited to add: Tommy Kennedy has beat me 7-0 and John Schmidt 9-1 and Buddy Hall and Ray Martin, etc. and a cast of top players in tournaments for 40 years. It's nice to be able to play poker with them and get them talking to themselves for a change..... and the money won doesn't hurt either.

Last edited:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This just in...

Keith just got a call from a friend in Vegas. A 21-year-old kid just won the Mandolin Bay $5,000-entry-fee poker tournament in Las Vegas, pocketing over a million! The young'n just turned 21, ten days ago, the youngest kid to ever win it. He's an Internet player. His name, though I don't know how he spells it, is: Mister Smokey One!

There's hope for me yet! :D

JAM