I got hooked bigtime!

NitPicker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I started spreading my wings and have finally flown the nest of my local bar leagues and weekly tournaments, and recently entered in a couple ProAm and Open tournaments.

I feel like a newbie or beginner again, and honestly, it feels great. The environment and atmosphere that the "big boys" play in is not only far different than playing locals, but seems to really suit me. I'm getting my butt kicked in these competitions, but I'm playing better than I ever have on these occasions too.

Needless to say, I am completely hooked on this level of competition. Even if I should never place in the money, which I'm confident will happen eventually, this is without a doubt, where I should be. Probably should've been here getting my feet wet long before. But now that I've made the transition...I'm not sure I can ever go back.

Last edited:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Good for you....let us know when you cash.....
....that's when the game lets you know you've justified your presence.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Keep hanging out at the pool room for 13 hours and only play 3 matches, it'll get olde sooner or later.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got more, but I don't wanna offend.

There's only 1a-hole at the pool room in my basement...but he's got great beer and good music.

Banks

Banned
Keep hanging out at the pool room for 13 hours and only play 3 matches, it'll get olde sooner or later.

Where have you been? Donating money to watch a better play run out a few times is how people improve. You'll learn one of these days. (Not me, though, I'll be at the bar.)

NitPicker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good for you....let us know when you cash.....
....that's when the game lets you know you've justified your presence.

Thanks! You guys will definitely be the first to know because I won't be able to contain myself and shut up about it. LOL

In order to beat better talent you have to dedicate yourself to real improvement. Just work on ever part of your game. Turn weaknesses into strengths. You will fine the rewards are greater. When you drop by the bar or league....you'll bury them

RunOut Apps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
West Coast

Oscar is doing a great Job, and many of our players are traveling for the action. Its a great was to get out of the local bar and pool hall scene and network with players in our area. Good Luck, this can only help your game.:thumbup:

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's a really cool feeling Sean! I can remember feeling that way so many years ago. I'm really glad that I could help you learn the tools that helped get you where you are, and will continue to help you improve! :thumbup: Good lluck, and have fun!

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

I started spreading my wings and have finally flown the nest of my local bar leagues and weekly tournaments, and recently entered in a couple ProAm and Open tournaments.

I feel like a newbie or beginner again, and honestly, it feels great. The environment and atmosphere that the "big boys" play in is not only far different than playing locals, but seems to really suit me. I'm getting my butt kicked in these competitions, but I'm playing better than I ever have on these occasions too.

Needless to say, I am completely hooked on this level of competition. Even if I should never place in the money, which I'm confident will happen eventually, this is without a doubt, where I should be. Probably should've been here getting my feet wet long before. But now that I've made the transition...I'm not sure I can ever go back.

NitPicker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oscar is doing a great Job, and many of our players are traveling for the action. Its a great was to get out of the local bar and pool hall scene and network with players in our area. Good Luck, this can only help your game.:thumbup:

Thank you! I've only played in the last one and gone to watch one other Mezz, but imo, Oscar and Des are doing a phenomenal job. Very organized and professional and I personally enjoyed the event very much. Oscar told me that next year they plan to have 16 stops (up from 12 this year). I plan to play in the next stop in Sac, thanks for the well wishes.

NitPicker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's a really cool feeling Sean! I can remember feeling that way so many years ago. I'm really glad that I could help you learn the tools that helped get you where you are, and will continue to help you improve! :thumbup: Good lluck, and have fun!

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Scott, thanks to you I'm constantly feeding, nurturing and really getting to know my horse. It's growing up, and looks like it'll be a real fine stud one day. All along the way I'm also picking up these news things for my cart as well as putting some of the things I already had to much better use. I feel like I'm on a journey like Caine in Kung Fu.

galipeau

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think the Hard Times Markulis tournament is coming up again soon in February. That's a fantastic tournament if you have the time. Let me know if you want to plan a carpool or something.

NitPicker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think the Hard Times Markulis tournament is coming up again soon in February. That's a fantastic tournament if you have the time. Let me know if you want to plan a carpool or something.

Absolutely! We can go ahead and plan that if you want. Also, if you don't have too many holiday plans, the next Mezz stop is Hard Times on the 27th.