I wonder if they play pool in Cuba?

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Now that relations with Cuba are going to be somewhat normal, I wonder if they play pool there. I plan on making a trip there if I can. I was there when I was a kid with my father but don't really remember much about it.

We all remember this guy
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfredo_de_Oro

Last edited:

smashmouth

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
having been there on numerous occassions, nation wide, I can tell you the answer is no

i've stayed at 5 star hotels that had pool tables from hell and thats about as good as it gets

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
having been there on numerous occassions, nation wide, I can tell you the answer is no

i've stayed at 5 star hotels that had pool tables from hell and thats about as good as it gets

Maybe it will provide a new market.

How recently have you been there by the way? I really want to go.

smashmouth

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i was there two months ago, possibly for the last time although I want to get out to the royalton santa maria before the floodgates open for us citizens

been there on a dozen or so occassions

pre 2005 was the best, especially if you were a single guy, they cater more to couples and older folks nowadays

very unique place, i urge you to keep in mind that the citizens there for decades have been living under big brother's watch and EVERTYHING that entails

once the us floodgates open I'll eschew the doubling of prices and forthcoming walmarts and taco bells

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Would go just for the music. I'm a big fan of the Afro-Cuban sound. Also know as Latin Jazz

smashmouth

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
better cuban music and latin jazz in NYC:smile:, the best actually

the quality of their musicians has dropped considerably in relation to cut backs on government programs related to the arts and sports too

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
There ya go Mac. Start a pool hall. I used to play with an older Englishman who Wintered over in Cuba for many years. He said that in all his travels, he only ran across one bar box and it wasn't worth playing on.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
better cuban music and latin jazz in NYC:smile:, the best actually

the quality of their musicians has dropped considerably in relation to cut backs on government programs related to the arts and sports too

I think the best Cuban musicians are in America. We should start a separate thread on this.
Sorry for the hijack.

sciarco

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
pool

Last time I went 9yrs back at Melia Varadero they had 1 piece of shit table that the workers there were using I tried playing what a nightmare complete junk my wife and I went swimming instead.

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There ya go Mac. Start a pool hall. I used to play with an older Englishman who Wintered over in Cuba for many years. He said that in all his travels, he only ran across one bar box and it wasn't worth playing on.

I would say it would be a big market for good quality bar tables.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
You would like Miami, same music, better tables.......

I'm around the corner. Could go for a monster Latin Jazz festival in Miami. Who said Eddie Palmieri, Mongo, Conrad Herwig, Rebecca Mauleon....oh baby.
Speaking of tables & jazz I'm fortunate to have a table. There is nothing like running a few drills listening to some Latin.

you have to excuse the hijack...pull the plug....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-O7u8P2nH4

Last edited: