If a foreigner wants to match up - where to go in the US?

Colin Colenso

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Myself and others I know have considered going to the US and playing for money.

While I've been to the US 4 times, I'm not very familiar with the pool geography.

So, assuming I don't want to play bank pool or 1 pocket, more so 8-ball and rotation games, which are the best cities / states to go to for action?

Bar box and 9 and 10 foot tables no problem.

Colin

Teacherman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
St Louis, MO
Teachers Billiards
7 foot and 9 foot tables
OnCue2.com can stream it.

Justin will play.

Last edited:

Colin Colenso

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
St Louis, MO
Teachers Billiards
7 foot and 9 foot table.s
OnCue2.com can stream it.

Justin will play.
I assume you mean Justin Bergman?

Probably the best way to kill one's potential action by beating him, but I appreciate the offer.

If I did play him on his home ground, it would be at my own game.

But thanks for the reply.

FWIW: Would there be a depth of potential challengers in MO? I want to start from the bottom up to help the less privileged ;)

Colin

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
About the only place I can think of would be AdultFriendFinders.com. Other than that I can't think of a place.
Nothing happening around my neck of the woods, that's for sure. :smile:

ivicafranic

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you are in North Carolina and in Asheville the best place where there is a plenty of action is Cuetec Spot Bar.Many players and lots of action:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

poolhallbanger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Come to Las Vegas....

Yes sin city, the only state where gambling in a pool hall is legal and we are all here
waiting for you to show up 24/7. So come on down you might get lucky and remember
whatever happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. Bring plenty of USD we like to bet high.
Good Luck:thumbup:

Teacherman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I assume you mean Justin Bergman?

Probably the best way to kill one's potential action by beating him, but I appreciate the offer.

If I did play him on his home ground, it would be at my own game.

But thanks for the reply.

FWIW: Would there be a depth of potential challengers in MO? I want to start from the bottom up to help the less privileged ;)

Colin

Well, I didn't know what kind of player you were looking for. You can work up the ladder here. I'll start. Then you can take on Steve Boucher or Sam Devers or Nick Evans or Andy Quinn.

Colin Colenso

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Atlanta would probably be a good place to bet a beer (and 50/50 get stiffed or stabbed if you win).
Getting stabbed in some commonwealth countries is a euphemism for unspeakable sexual acts.

I'll take a pass unless crack addiction distorts my desires.

Colin

West Point 1987

On the Hill, Out of Gas
Silver Member
Myself and others I know have considered going to the US and playing for money.

While I've been to the US 4 times, I'm not very familiar with the pool geography.

So, assuming I don't want to play bank pool or 1 pocket, more so 8-ball and rotation games, which are the best cities / states to go to for action?

Bar box and 9 and 10 foot tables no problem.

Colin

If you're at/near the Open, stop in Diamond Billiards in Midlothian (near Richmond) VA...you can get about any game you want, and there should be plenty of heat due to the density of players on short final approach to the U.S. Open. Otherwise, I agree with other posts, if you're looking for One Pocket, 8 Ball, Banks or anything on a bar box, the Mid West is where I'd start; St. Louis, Kansas City, the Quad Cities (Moline/Rock Island/Davenport/Bettendorf) and finally Chicago. The West Coast has lots of action but it's a long ways from the Open...but if you're in LA, I've always heard HardTimes Bellflower is not to be missed. How high are you looking to go (ball park)? Depending on what tax bracket we're talking, you'll get lots of options here from the forum...;)

Colin Colenso

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you're looking for action then Steinway in Astoria Queens NY is a better choice than Amsterdam.
Any noted local contenders thereabouts? Tony Robles? Champ of a fellow btw, though met him only once.

Might drift in low profile like with my libertarianish buddy Trumpy, as I call him.

Colin

West Point 1987

On the Hill, Out of Gas
Silver Member
Atlanta would probably be a good place to bet a beer (and 50/50 get stiffed or stabbed if you win).

I haven't gambled in a LONG time, but my formative years included Atlanta and Columbus, GA...Atlanta seemed to be mostly back room action (and nobody knew anybody else, so mostly traps) and I almost got killed in Columbus over $200 playing bar box 8 ball. Seriously. Haven't been back in over 20 years, so maybe it's changed, but all the places I gambled in, Georgia boys sure hated to part with their money more than anywhere else.:embarrassed2:

Colin Colenso

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes sin city, the only state where gambling in a pool hall is legal and we are all here
waiting for you to show up 24/7. So come on down you might get lucky and remember
whatever happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. Bring plenty of USD we like to bet high.
Good Luck:thumbup:
That sounds like fun!!!

Just want to point out, that while I may appear arrogant or derogatory, this is mainly to encourage interest and discussion.

I'm seriously interested in knowing where one should or could go to get good value match ups in the US. It's research and it hardly makes sense to turn up in LA and then fly about willy nilly hoping to find the odd $20 bet.

Cheers to all respondents,
Colin