If i hit the lotto.....

poolchic

help me lord
Silver Member
If i hit the lotto i would love to match up with anyone in the world.....Just to see how well i would do;)
What would you do?

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
poolchic said:
If i hit the lotto i would love to match up with anyone in the world.....Just to see how well i would do;)
What would you do?

What would I do? Two chicks at the same time.......

bigskyjake

you heard the man
Silver Member
I would buy a diamond chestnut like Micheal Jackson, sit on my ass and do absolutely nothing

gpeezy

for sale!
If I won the lotto.

I would definately be in action whenever I wanted. I don't know that I would play huge spot games, but there are a lot of short stops that would catch hell.

VIProfessor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would immediately quit my job, purchase a condo in one of the pool hotspots on the U.S. mainland, make preparations to make frequent trips to the Phillipines as well as work with a good coach, and work on my game full-time for two years. After that, you'd better pray to God that you play better than shortstop speed if you're going to woof at me, buddy! :D :cool:

mikev_wvufan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would party like there was no tomorrow. 2 Chics at once "anyway" How about a harem of them?

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
VIProfessor said:
I would immediately quit my job, purchase a condo in one of the pool hotspots on the U.S. mainland, make preparations to make frequent trips to the Phillipines as well as work with a good coach, and work on my game full-time for two years. After that, you'd better pray to God that you play better than shortstop speed if you're going to woof at me, buddy! :D :cool:

Nice drop in!

Cuaba

Livin Large
Silver Member
I would have my attorney and my accountant set up a blind trust to claim the prize in a fictitious name.

Then I wouldn't have all the new leaches that come with a lottery win, and I wouldn't lose my real friends & family (many winners do.)

In the end I'd spend a lot more time doing the things I enjoy, and a lot less doing the things I don't. And I'd help some people who were truly in need.

traa89

traa89
Silver Member
move to vegas after I finished school...gamble and play pool for the rest of my life. not a bad life if your happy with it :-D

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
I'd be consulting with a contract/tax attorney I trust BEFORE I turned the ticket in. After that? Probably not much...but then I'm old, happily married for over 32 years. Probably a place with a dream game room...you know, 9', 8', bar box, billiards, and snooker tables. Juke box okay, but NO TV allowed. Oh, and I'd want to keep a low profile...no "bling", no $$$ cars, that kind of stuff.

Money gives one more choices...I'd hope to make good ones. Depending on the amount won, there are some area charities I'd like to make happy, such as a local no kill animal shelter.

Cameron Smith

is kind of hungry...
Silver Member
It depends on how much money we are talking about.

If it is a few million I would open up a pool room. If it is a big jack pot (20 million) I would hold an million dollar invitational tournament or challenge match, where the winner would get 1 million.

How does Thorsten Hohmann vs. John Schmidt in a 2000 point 14.1 match sound? 1 million to the winner $500 000 to the loser, and an extra $500 000 to the player who runs 500 balls or more.

catscradle

<< 2 all-time greats
Silver Member
poolchic said:
What would you do?

If I won the lotto I'd retire and still not gamble. Of course, you have to play the lotto to win, don't you?

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
catscradle said:
If I won the lotto I'd retire and still not gamble. Of course, you have to play the lotto to win, don't you?

I see your point...But when a jackpot gets big, I'll spend a whole dollar in order to enjoy the "what if" fantasy for a day or two. I figure I'll spend $3 for a movie rental, enjoy a film fantasy for a couple of hours, so why not this?

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
poolchic said:
What would you do?

i'd like to match up with you, Ms. Poolchic.........:D

DCP

JoeW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I used to do a career development course and would have people really answer this question, in writing. Take a few weeks to come up with the best answer. Then I would tell them to go do it now!

If what you really want to do is own a pool room, go to work in one now. Because you are where you want to be, you will be the best employee in the business. Someone will come along and ask you to run another room. Then you?ll buy your own room. Your buddies will tell you how ?lucky? you are but it comes down to the idea that if you are doing what you truly love, you will be better at it than other people and life pays a premium for those who are good at what they do.

There is no place I would rather be, and nothing I would rather be doing that what I am doing right now. Can you say that!

I am retired, but I could say it before I was retired too. And this is only by way of saying that I really believe these ideas are true.

OK back to the jokes. :D

jon21588

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd open a pool room in this crappy town that doesn't have a nice one. There is not one nine foot table in my town. I'd have 10', 9', 8',7' and whatever else I could get. Then i'd chill and do whatever I want to do.

BVal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would buy a bunch of land and save as many dogs as I could.

BVal

catscradle

<< 2 all-time greats
Silver Member
JoeW said:
There is no place I would rather be, and nothing I would rather be doing that what I am doing right now. Can you say that!

Joe, I think there is a distinction to be made between saying "There is no place I'd rather be." and saying "I'm satisfied with where I am now and how I got here." I personally would rather already be retired and just enjoying pool, reading (a lot), maybe even take another class or two, but I made decisions that were apparently right at the time which didn't go exactly as planned. I made choices like sending my kids to a Jesuit High School which I knew would prevent me from retiring when I wanted to, but it was what my kids needed. However, I can say I have no regrets and would do it all the same. That's the distinction I think should be made. Many, many people are not where they would prefer to be, but they are where they have to be to have done what they needed to do.