I'll probably hear it for suggesting this but ...

3andstop

Focus
Silver Member
First of all, I want to say that there is absolutely no disrespect intended, and I truly appreciate the ability to watch all streams.

But .. and here's the thing I'm trying to say respectfully. Some, if not most of these streaming videos are destined to be classics some day, looked back on and really treasured.

Having some video editing background, I don't understand why a tad more effort can't be taken (please keep in mind my first paragraph) :) in ceiling mounting a camcorder at a better angle, and putting a bit more light around the video table to really allow the true beauty of these matches to be enjoyed much more.

Well, it was on my mind and I'm sorry if I offended any of the generous folks who offer these streams, because again no disrespect intended, I just had to suggest.
 
First of all, I want to say that there is absolutely no disrespect intended, and I truly appreciate the ability to watch all streams.

But .. and here's the thing I'm trying to say respectfully. Some, if not most of these streaming videos are destined to be classics some day, looked back on and really treasured.

Having some video editing background, I don't understand why a tad more effort can't be taken (please keep in mind my first paragraph) :) in ceiling mounting a camcorder at a better angle, and putting a bit more light around the video table to really allow the true beauty of these matches to be enjoyed much more.

Well, it was on my mind and I'm sorry if I offended any of the generous folks who offer these streams, because again no disrespect intended, I just had to suggest.


I'm not trying to be smart azz here so hear me out. If you have some video editing background, perhaps you might want to volunteer your time to do some video editing, adding music, short commercials, captions, and perhaps some voice over to existing matches. You could enhance the matches with all of these things and then when people want to watch the matches they would see a more professional package, making the Live Streamer even more popular.

Some of the Live Streamers do not have the time to dress up these filmed matches after the fact. Who knows you might get some appreciation for your contribution or God help you, find a way to make a buck doing this.

If you've got the talent and it's not that hard, maybe you can put it to work. I've always thought it would be fun to do voice-overs of existing filmed matches. (It's easy to say interesting and clever things after the fact.:smile: )

(Hint: Sponsors might PAY you for your work... and yes, I will accept product for my jelly) :thumbup:)

Anyway, it's just an idea. If you make a bundle doing this, make sure you send JoeyA his jelly. :D
 
I'm not trying to be smart azz here so hear me out. If you have some video editing background, perhaps you might want to volunteer your time to do some video editing, adding music, short commercials, captions, and perhaps some voice over to existing matches. You could enhance the matches with all of these things and then when people want to watch the matches they would see a more professional package, making the Live Streamer even more popular.

Some of the Live Streamers do not have the time to dress up these filmed matches after the fact. Who knows you might get some appreciation for your contribution or God help you, find a way to make a buck doing this.

If you've got the talent and it's not that hard, maybe you can put it to work. I've always thought it would be fun to do voice-overs of existing filmed matches. (It's easy to say interesting and clever things after the fact.:smile: )

(Hint: Sponsors might PAY you for your work... and yes, I will accept product for my jelly) :thumbup:)

Anyway, it's just an idea. If you make a bundle doing this, make sure you send JoeyA his jelly. :D

Joey, PM has been sent to you. :)
 
First of all, I want to say that there is absolutely no disrespect intended, and I truly appreciate the ability to watch all streams.

But .. and here's the thing I'm trying to say respectfully. Some, if not most of these streaming videos are destined to be classics some day, looked back on and really treasured.

Having some video editing background, I don't understand why a tad more effort can't be taken (please keep in mind my first paragraph) :) in ceiling mounting a camcorder at a better angle, and putting a bit more light around the video table to really allow the true beauty of these matches to be enjoyed much more.

Well, it was on my mind and I'm sorry if I offended any of the generous folks who offer these streams, because again no disrespect intended, I just had to suggest.

Streaming is easy.

Anyone can do it.



<----didn't get his Kino's for Christmas
 
I can't even stream my webcam to my laptop without problems much less edit the video.

If anyone has ever seen TAR's setup or AccuStats then you know full well how intense it is.

How many people think it's easy to mount an overhead camera on a table? Well, would you like the table to have adequate light? How about clarity? How high should it be and how will you get it up there?

I think that given just these aspects you can imagine what streamers face when they show up at a pool room. Where are the outlets, what's the internet connection like, what is the layout? and and and..........

Some of these matches will be classics and part of the reason that they will be classics is that they will be products of the pioneers who gave up their weeks traveling to events with a crapload of gear, gave up their weekends setting up and monitoring that gear, gave up every minute of their time trying to stay online and keep everyone informed of what's happening and basically herding cats.

Right now it's best to take it as we get it. To me there has never been as much pool content available than now.

What we can all do is spread the word and try our best to bring more viewers to pool. The content is there, some of it pretty raw and some of it pretty refined.
 
Who, What, When, Where!

Does anyone know who was the first live streamer in pool?

Does anyone know where the oldest live stream pool match is located?

When did you first hear about live streaming pool matches?

Thanks,
JoeyA
 
Streaming is easy.

Anyone can do it.

You are correct anyone can do it, like take vacation photos, any one can take em. Sadly few vacation photos will ever make it in a TRAVEL MAGAZINE because of them being boring, and just bad.

IMHO there are two kind of Streams, good ones worth watching, and bad one that honestly are just bad, and not worth the time of day.
 
Does anyone know who was the first live streamer in pool?

Does anyone know where the oldest live stream pool match is located?

When did you first hear about live streaming pool matches?

Thanks,
JoeyA

1. I am guessing something to do with Accu Stats. I think they collaborated with someone (drawing a total blank on the dudes name) the guy who did the Billiard TV thing back in the day. If I remember right they had lots of issues.

2. Probably mixed in amongst pron and spam on someone's hard drive somewhere.

3. At Shooters when Jason said "Hey lets try and stream this" July 2007.
 
My guess would be because of money, money, and oh yeah, money....

I think the money was there but they blew it all on the pocket cam. It is so great to be able to watch the view from the pocket as he ball rolls into it.

I don't need to see the stroke, stance, bridge, follow thru, path of the cue ball and etc. Just give me that view to make the game more exciting.

NOT.
 
:ok:
1. I am guessing something to do with Accu Stats. I think they collaborated with someone (drawing a total blank on the dudes name) the guy who did the Billiard TV thing back in the day. If I remember right they had lots of issues.

2. Probably mixed in amongst pron and spam on someone's hard drive somewhere.

3. At Shooters when Jason said "Hey lets try and stream this" July 2007.

:ok: :cool:
 
Back
Top