I'm scared of my break.......

jimmy-leggs

A GREAT DAY
Silver Member
My break is so deadly lately that it scares me.Let me explain.I have my break so rock solid that balls are flying everywhere,leaving the cue ball in center of table.PROBLEM is if I don't sink anything on the break it's such an EASY run-out for my oponent.And it's p****ing me off!
 
Are you talking about 9 ball? Yup, dry breaks will kill ya. That's the name of the game. Sounds like if that's your only problem, that's not a bad problem to have. What percentage of games are you coming up dry on the break?
 
Last edited:
Do you consistently break from a favorite "spot" on the table or do you move around?

I've found that moving the CB an inch or two left or right can have a significant impact on breaking success. I'll try to post up some of my thoughts on a cuetable later tonight...I can help you improve your ability to make a corner ball or the 1 ball with more regularity if you watch where they go on each break and make small adjustments.
 
you mean there's another poster out there complaining about not having any luck off the break??? jeepers, this has been happening to me for years now, and its whats holding me back as far as whether or not i begin to venture out to compete.

let me know whatever happens to your problem Jimmy.........

DCP
 
jimmy-leggs said:
My break is so deadly lately that it scares me.Let me explain.I have my break so rock solid that balls are flying everywhere,leaving the cue ball in center of table.PROBLEM is if I don't sink anything on the break it's such an EASY run-out for my oponent.And it's p****ing me off!


Every time I tell myself something like that I jinx myself.
 
I have a monster break like you do too, and I hate it when I get a dry break. It leaves the table so open!

I guess the options are to try and break from a different spot, or break lighter and hope some balls freeze together for your opponent?!

I wouldn't bet on the second option...
 
jimmy-leggs said:
My break is so deadly lately that it scares me.Let me explain.I have my break so rock solid that balls are flying everywhere,leaving the cue ball in center of table.PROBLEM is if I don't sink anything on the break it's such an EASY run-out for my oponent.And it's p****ing me off!
are you racking your own?
 
Neil said:
I don't know as this was addressed in your thread or not. But are you breaking from the same place all the time? If you aren't dropping something, try moving the cueball around. Sometimes a ball will never fall, but break from the other side of the table and several fall.

i've changed positions on the table, changed speeds, changed tip positions, changed cues, changed shafts, changed cloth, changed balls, changed techniques, changed tips, etc, etc.

95% of the time or more the balls dont cooperate and it demoralizes me.

DCP
 
Back
Top