In Chicago

RBLilly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Red Shoes

Well I went to Red Shoes tonight.

Met Dennis, but he didn't bring a cue! LOL So he had John the manager hook me up with a cue. It was an old mcdermott that shot very well.

Dennis introduced me to Freddie the Beard, and we talked a little. Freddie was in a good match and was a little busy.

I played in the 10 ball game where I got a bye the first round, and then Ike kicked my butt 7-1!

Everyone at the pool hall was really nice, and the food was good. Thanks guys for everything!

I am going to crash out now.

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member

Met Dennis, but he didn't bring a cue! LOL So he had John the manager hook me up with a cue. It was an old mcdermott that shot very well.

Dennis introduced me to Freddie the Beard, and we talked a little. Freddie was in a good match and was a little busy.

I played in the 10 ball game where I got a bye the first round, and then Ike kicked my butt 7-1!

Everyone at the pool hall was really nice, and the food was good. Thanks guys for everything!

Too bad about the cue. I did not look back on this thread and by the time you texted me, I was already at Red Shoes. I hope you had an ok time there. Ike Runnels kicks a lot of guys' butts so no shame there.

Take care.

Cdryden

Pool Addict
Silver Member

It's good see that kind of hospitality. Sorry to hear about your showing at the tournament. Maybe next time! Some of those Chicago guys really know how to shot!

RBLilly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's good see that kind of hospitality. Sorry to hear about your showing at the tournament. Maybe next time! Some of those Chicago guys really know how to shot!

yea lots of good shooters, and I haven't consistently played or practice in about a year and a half or more.

I had a great time though

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
hmmm

You could also check out the Pyramid Club, 236 W. Lake St. in Addison, Il. You are closer and it's a nice room too.

IF you go to Pyramid tonight, the only open tables (2) will be Diamond Barboxes (very nice tables) as the 18 GC 9 footers are reserved for in-house league from 7pm till at least 10:30pm. The pizza is pretty darn good ! In fact they have changed their name to Pyramid Pizzeria. How many pizza joints you know have 18 GC's ??

It is one of the "nicest and cleanest" pool rooms in the Chicago area. 1/3 pool room, 1/3 bar, 1/3 restaurant.