In history... To collect, flip, play with?

SSach

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To collect - Gus Szamboti
To Flip - South West
To play - My Rosewood/Rosewood Barry.

I don't think there is a wrong answer here. So many great makers, but I will be partial to the man in PA that continues to answer the phone when I call and welcomes me into his shop to change a tip and clean a shaft.

Last edited:

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Change of mind
Collect - Gus blank Searing
Play - Gus blank Searing
Flip - Searing (sorry Dennis) :)

mia

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Like the title eludes, if you could choose any cue maker(s) in history to make you a cue(s) to collect, to flip, AND to play with, which maker(s) would you choose? (For clarification you CAN choose three different makers)

Collect: Thomas Wayne or Bob Manzino

Flip: George Balabushka or Gus Szamboti

Play With: Dennis Searing or Mike Bender

DawgAndy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
after I posted in in agreement with Ken, I thought about DPK as well. He has so many levels of cues that collecting them would be a blast.

collect -DPK
flip-SW
play- new Barenbrugge every few years. Is that allowed or does that make a collection?

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
How bout you?
Jason

To be specific? :smile: OK:

To collect: Barry S. loaded 6 pointer , it would be his first (ebony prongs no veneers) with peacocks and blue angle spears, point bottom dots, balls and ivory inlaid diamonds at the prong tips with railroads, 3 piece split diamonds, and 6 long dash ring work in the sleeve, smooth leather wrap, 5/16 piloted Ivory joint and ivory butt cap.

To Flip: Gus S. same as above but and 8 pointer with cameos and props in the sleeve instead of railroads and split diamonds... That would bring a retirement amount $$$

To Play: I'd be so elated for what the first two cues bring to me that I would just keep playing with the custom bacote and birdeye sneaky Keith made me over 10 years ago. It plays really well, I'm used to it, and play well with it...:thumbup: ( Other than Keith I would choose either Dennis, Pete, Bob or Joe... I know I said one... Gee I can't even follow my own rules..;))

Last edited:

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
Pardon my ignorance, Joe? I'm drawing a blank, got the others.

Joe Gold (Cognoscenti)... Makes a phenomenal playing cue. I have one :smile: AND the only extension (mid cue) he's ever made!! He said he wont make any more so I guess I got another 'collectable".. Nice ;)

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Gold Member
Silver Member
Cog, as a friend I feel like a ass. Keep doing what you do Skins, I'll have one of your designs at some point. Actually I have a kanji I would like to know if you could make work, without breaking the bank. Your friend, Tom.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
To be specific? :smile: OK:

To collect: Barry S. loaded 6 pointer , it would be his first (ebony prongs no veneers) with peacocks and blue angle spears, point bottom dots, balls and ivory inlaid diamonds at the prong tips with railroads, 3 piece split diamonds, and 6 long dash ring work in the sleeve, smooth leather wrap, 5/16 piloted Ivory joint and ivory butt cap.

To Flip: Gus S. same as above but and 8 pointer with cameos and props in the sleeve instead of railroads and split diamonds... That would bring a retirement amount $$$

To Play: I'd be so elated for what the first two cues bring to me that I would just keep playing with the custom bacote and birdeye sneaky Keith made me over 10 years ago. It plays really well, I'm used to it, and play well with it...:thumbup: ( Other than Keith I would choose either Dennis, Pete, Bob or Joe... I know I said one... Gee I can't even follow my own rules..;))

I wanna see those cues :)

I think you have my favorite Gus:thumbup:
Jason