India, Singapore, and Thailand - Billiards?

BillYards

Playing Style: Wu Tang Fu
Silver Member
I am going around the world in July and need recommendations for things to see and do in Kolkata, Chennai, Singapore, and Bangkok. It would be great to find places to play while there... Any suggestions would be appreciated!

CanonShooter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am going around the world in July and need recommendations for things to see and do in Kolkata, Chennai, Singapore, and Bangkok. It would be great to find places to play while there... Any suggestions would be appreciated!

I did the same and planned on playing pool.... I didn't get to play at all, those countries nearly ruined me my goodness! Now I know how Hugh Hefner's life is....

ridik0

Registered
Now I know how Hugh Hefner's life is....

lol these are crazy places :) but fun if you can manage it!

Am living in Bangkok at the moment so if you want I can show you good pool places where all best players from around the world are coming to play while visiting Bangkok.
June 10-19 SVB and Appleton will be in BKK as well.

Hit me with PM and ill guide you up about Bangkok stay mate :)

Lesh

One Hole Thinkifier
Silver Member
They should play more pool in India, Singapore, and Thailand and answer less phone calls for the company I am presently employed with as tech support. By the time the customers get to me, their bleeding out of their ears trying to understand the accents. When I say "Hello, that you for calling tier four, how may I help you today." I sometimes have to let them have their moment of prayer before we can continue with their solution.

just sayan...

TECH-SUPPORT_o_133055.jpg

Lesh

x3dnd3x

Trainee Chalk Collector
Silver Member

There are a few places to play at in Singapore. This depends where would you be. For pro shops, there's only 2 currently in Singapore and they're rather limited but you could still take a look at if you want.

Pro Shop
1. TheQshop(Close on Sunday)
261 Waterloo Street,
#01-15,
Waterloo Centre,
Singapore 180261
(Take mrt (green line) till Bugis and exit or mrt (circline line) till Bras Besah and exit.

2. Mambo Billiards Pro Shop
Bukit Timah Shopping Centre #03-36

For places to play at, I usually only go to 3 places but there are a few more.
1. WCRC
12 West Coast Walk
#03-13 West Coast Recreation Centre S127157
(Take mrt (green line) till Clementi and exit)

2. The Jockey Club(Monday - Thursday, 12pm - 5pm & 11pm - 4am cost SGD3020. Friday - Saturday, 12pm - 5pm & 11pm - 4am cost SGD30.)
27 West Coast Highway
Singapore 117867 Level 2
(Take mrt (circle line) till Haw Par Villa and exit)

3. Klassic(Every Sunday - 12pm - 6pm cost SGD15)
1 Jalan Berseh New World Centre #02-02
Singapore 209037
(Take mrt (purple line) till Farrer Park and exit)

All the above 3 are of walkable distance from the mrt.

Of course there are a few more like Toa Payoh Snooker Zone, Toa Payoh Safra, Yishun Safra, Pool Masters, Punggol Billiards and Tampines Safra.

Last edited:

runout1961

Ecclesiastes Ch. 12: 1-7
Silver Member
Megabreak in Pattaya, Thailand was a lot of fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Monto P2

Asia Billiards
Silver Member
You might find few snooker places in Kolkata or chennai, but definately very hard to find any pool. Bangkok is full of pool action and so is singapore or you can just crossover to Malaysia.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cuaba

Livin Large
Silver Member
I'll be in Bangkok in July. Just got back last week.

Great pool scene, and many pros show up to play the top local players.

The half dozen best rooms in Bangkok are all within a 15 minute walk of each other.

All the cheap action you can ask for, but you better be able to play........

thaitom

Registered
In my opinion Hustler's at the Times Square Bldg in Bangkok, between Sukhumvit Soi 12 and 14 is the best in Bangkok though there are four or five good places to play within a fifteen minute walk. There are a good number of low priced ($50 to $75) a night hotels in the area.

This week, June 8th, we have Shane VB and Darren Appleton in town for a shoot out at Hustler's as well as Corey Duel who says he's 'just along for the ride.'

If you go down to Pattaya Megabreaks is the place to go.

HaroldWilson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

The NUMBER 1 place to play in that neck of the woods is Indonesia with clubs on every corner. Jakarta is 45 minutes from Singapore by plane for about $50 by Air Asia. You will get more action and top players than you will know what to do with. I lived and played there for 18 months and the environment took my game to another level and it is where truly learnt 9-ball even after playing on the GB tour for a year. If you decide to go then PM me and I can give you a list of clubs and cities where you will find the best players and also the country is one of the cheapest in the Far East with hourly rates as low as a dollar on good tables with an assistant racking the balls.

Last edited: