Info On 1950's Long Island Waterfront?

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Just by chance, is there anyone on AZ that lived on the Southwest waterfront of Long Island, NY, around Freeport, Baldwin, Oceanside, Island Park, or East Rockaway in the 1950’s? Maybe someone that knew the Green Boy’s, the Lonergen Brothers, the Ericson Brother’s, or the Langdon’s. We all use to hangout at the waterfront bars, like the old Porthole (Oceanside), 400 Club, The Pub, The Crowsnest, The Kennels, and the Bucket Of Blood, to name a few. I’ve been working on a book and am having trouble remembering a lot of the old waterfront bars we hung out and fought and did business in. Most were part of the Irish Mob. You may IM me here on AZ if you have some info from that area. Thank you. John Terrell
 
Damn Johnny, how old are you. I live in Hempstead btw.
 
Last edited:
Damn Johnny, how old are you. I live in Hempstead btw.

I'm 70 now. My Dad owned an Ice Business and stocked a lot of the bars in the area I'm asking about. I could go in most of the bars at 14 yo. Johnnyt
 
Hey

I'm 70 now. My Dad owned an Ice Business and stocked a lot of the bars in the area I'm asking about. I could go in most of the bars at 14 yo. Johnnyt

Did he know the Lacarubbas from the ice biz
 
Hey

The name does't ring a bell, but it' a long time ago. Where was their route and what was their company name. Johnnyt



They delivered ALL the ice to the Fulton Fish Market in NYC......but I was friends with them from long island. Just thought you might of known who they were or knew them.....good luck searching
 
They delivered ALL the ice to the Fulton Fish Market in NYC......but I was friends with them from long island. Just thought you might of known who they were or knew them.....good luck searching

Wow. They must have been connected:cool:. We didn't deliver into the city. No pay -offs needed on the Island back then. Johnnyt
 
Back
Top