Instroke case question?

bubolt14

Lovin Pool
I have a new buffalo 2x3 instroke case, what should I do about prepping it. Conditioner or let it be...THANKS in advance..Joe

LHP5

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just wanted to chime in on the excellence of instroke cases. Had a 2x4 leather cowboy for a little bit and was a fantastic case. Never really maintained it but it held up well. The jump pocket was a little small but whatever.

Switched to a premier 3x5 for more space like 15 years ago and the damn thing is still in tip top shape today. Should have gotten a 3x5 leather but the vinyl premier looked so much sleeker. Excellent but slightly heavy cases.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any quality leather cleaner/ conditioner will work just fine. Mcguire's for instance. In stroke case leather is extremely durable- it can easily last a lifetime if not abused. I own two and never, ever had problem with those cases.

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
Anyone ever tried WD40? I haven’t but I do use it on my Ariat boots and it works like a charm. I’ve got an old war horse 2x4 instroke maybe I’ll give it a shot.

*After a quick Google search it might not be the best idea on a brand spankin new case, as it can darken the color…

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone ever tried WD40? I haven’t but I do use it on my Ariat boots and it works like a charm. I’ve got an old war horse 2x4 instroke maybe I’ll give it a shot.

*After a quick Google search it might not be the best idea on a brand spankin new case, as it can darken the color…

Pretty much any conditioning oil will darken leather. I always recommend trying it in place that isn't visible first.

Biloxi Boy

Man With A Golden Arm
I'll make it two votes for Lexol. I use the cleaner and conditioner in separate bottles. I bought a bunch of it in orange bottles some years ago; however, my Google search just now shows gold and black packaging. Regardless, if it says "Lexol", I'd go for it.

Love my StrokeSport 3x5 (based on a sidexside comparison just after the break-up, its leather was far superior to Instroke's). My main issue was with the pos, patently defective, upper latch which I had to pay to replace with the diamond latch. I will never understand how a single case with such a known defect was allowed to be shipped much less the many thousands which were. A terrible stain on an otherwise great product. Another issue which I really do not understand (and also do not know if others have had a similar problem) is that, after years of use, the bottom of my case "crumpled" or began folding down on itself. Still, all things considered, I would not trade this case for anything -- my cues could not be in a better place. Best way to sum up my sentiment -- "why couldn't something so damn good be perfect?" -- it was so close.

When did Instroke finally correct the latch problem during the manufacturing process?

Last edited:

sbrownn

Registered
I'll make it two votes for Lexol. I use the cleaner and conditioner in separate bottles. I bought a bunch of it in orange bottles some years ago; however, my Google search just now shows gold and black packaging. Regardless, if it says "Lexol", I'd go for it.

Love my StrokeSport 3x5 (based on a sidexside comparison just after the break-up, its leather was far superior to Instroke's). My main issue was with the pos, patently defective, upper latch which I had to pay to replace with the diamond latch. I will never understand how a single case with such a known defect was allowed to be shipped much less the many thousands which were. A terrible stain on an otherwise great product. Another issue which I really do not understand (and also do not know if others have had a similar problem) is that, after years of use, the bottom of my case "crumpled" or began folding down on itself. Still, all things considered, I would not trade this case for anything -- my cues could not be in a better place. Best way to sum up my sentiment -- "why couldn't something so damn good be perfect?" -- it was so close.

When did Instroke finally correct the latch problem during the manufacturing process?
Do you have pictures of the old and replace latches?

Again, I think my 3x7 Premier is a great case for the price. While we are speaking of improvements, here are my 4:
  1. both pockets could be overall larger (wider and deeper).
  2. the twist hinges on the top cover and top pocket are just "ok" plus I am concerned about the wear on the top mount area where it connects to the rest of the case.
  3. the strap should be wider for better comfort (I added a laptop strap pad to help with this) and seems to be mounted on the wrong side as the pockets face in when you carry the case on your right shoulder.
  4. have an extra heavy duty towel and cue ball ring mounted on the opposite side of the strap as I can see using the top handle strap is starting to show wear from the carabiner holding those items.

Last edited:

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
I gifted an instroke to my honorary nephew...after a few years, he came by, asked about leather care. So, we used what my Mustang's manual says to use on the leather seats, since I had it on my garage shelf. Lexol. First the cleaner, then the conditioner. Made it look new again. Kind of $pendy, but great stuff. Here it is:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Just wanted to chime in on the excellence of instroke cases. Had a 2x4 leather cowboy for a little bit and was a fantastic case. Never really maintained it but it held up well. The jump pocket was a little small but whatever.

Switched to a premier 3x5 for more space like 15 years ago and the damn thing is still in tip top shape today. Should have gotten a 3x5 leather but the vinyl premier looked so much sleeker. Excellent but slightly heavy cases.
You're welcome.