Instructions on watching US Open

middleofnowhere

Registered
How to watch in the US? Don't want to be trying to figure it out next week. I was on the website. I have Roku.
Thanks

Last edited:

CaleAYS

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
DAZN has a roku channel. Subscription is around $20 a month I think. If you’ve never had the service before there might be a free trial period. If you’re lucky you could watch the us open and then cancel it.

middleofnowhere

Registered
DAZN has a roku channel. Subscription is around $20 a month I think. If you’ve never had the service before there might be a free trial period. If you’re lucky you could watch the us open and then cancel it.
Ok I put dazn on my menu. It looks like it is $19.99 for a month. Going to go to the sign in area an see if there are any free offers.
Thanks
It looks like it is all boxing

crazy8legs

Registered
A few years ago I had DAZN on my Roku to watch MMA and the Mosconi Cup. Then they had the Darts World Championship.

Originally it was only $9.99/month, which allowed me to overlook how bad their interface was, and the freezing up issues. But then the price went up to $19.99/month and there wasn't enough ongoing content I was interested in to pay that monthly.

Couple other things to keep in mind:

They offer a yearly subscription for $99, so that's not bad if you know you will be keeping it.

But the main issue I had, if my memory serves correct, is that they didn't show the pool or dart matches in their entirety. Only the highlights from each day were broadcast. That was the real deal breaker for me. Hopefully that has/will be changing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Why Matchroom has not made a deal with a U.S televison network is beyond me. IMO they have dropped the ball here. They are focusing on the Europe and Asia market with SkySports and ignoring a potentially larger market in the USA.

Large film distribution companies know that the American market will always be greater than the combined foreign markets. Matchroom must know this too.

middleofnowhere

Registered
A few years ago I had DAZN on my Roku to watch MMA and the Mosconi Cup. Then they had the Darts World Championship.

Originally it was only $9.99/month, which allowed me to overlook how bad their interface was, and the freezing up issues. But then the price went up to $19.99/month and there wasn't enough ongoing content I was interested in to pay that monthly.

Couple other things to keep in mind:

They offer a yearly subscription for $99, so that's not bad if you know you will be keeping it.

But the main issue I had, if my memory serves correct, is that they didn't show the pool or dart matches in their entirety. Only the highlights from each day were broadcast. That was the real deal breaker for me. Hopefully that has/will be changing.

Are you able to do on demand I wonder? I don't really care about the money but want to watch the matches. If the matches will be on YouTube I don't mind about watching later.

The 10 ball tournament was not bad.
Also, if I can join mid week or even later and watch all the matches already played I will be happy with that.

I don't have to watch live really as long as it works. Maybe the thing to do is wait for a day or two review on the service.

Last edited:

crabbcatjohn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
DAZN works fine. 20 bucks gets you a lot of pool.. Just remember to stop the subscription before the 30 days is up if you don't plan on keeping the channel. You are automatically charged for the next month unless you cancel.

crazy8legs

Registered
Are you able to do on demand I wonder? I don't really care about the money but want to watch the matches. If the matches will be on YouTube I don't care about watching later.

The 10 ball tournament was not bad.
Also, if I can join mid week or even later and watch all the matches already played I will be happy with that.

I don't have to watch live really as long as it works. Maybe the thing to do is wait for a day or two review on the service.

I'm sure if you look hard enough you can find a streaming feed on the internet, but I'm not a fan of doing that.

When I look on YouTube for the Mosconi Cup (for example), Matchroom Pool put up the games from 2019 but not 2020. It looks like some individual uploaded the 2020 matches themselves from DAZN.

So I wouldn't count on the matches being posted on YouTube, but I could be wrong.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Matches will not be posted on YouTube anytime soon. The only way to watch in the US is to get a DAZN subscription.

mark187

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think I read you can stream it free through the Matchroom Live website if you sign up, bit only in Europe I think. Might be able to get access if you use a VPN.

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think I read you can stream it free through the Matchroom Live website if you sign up, bit only in Europe I think. Might be able to get access if you use a VPN.
I will be testing it out on my new VPN flashed router.

middleofnowhere

Registered
You know, I don't care about free or pirated feeds. If they supply a quality product I'll pay top dollar. There is a market, but historically the productions have not been good.

Seems like streaming has been pretty much perfected, there should be no reason to not be able to see anything we are willing to pay for.

That being said I'll probably sign up for the dazn that was suggested and hope for the best. I don't want to miss out for $19.99.
We will see what happens.

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don’t know about darts, but they’ve definitely shown the pool events in their entirety, and left them for replay for some period of time (several days, if I recall correctly).

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They said Table 1 would be on DAZN but Matchroom live would have Table 2. I don’t know if it’s free.

"Here's what you can expect to see on day one from the US Open Pool Championship!

Catch all table two action exclusively on the Matchroom Pool YouTube channel.

DAZN, Sky Sports, and Matchroom.Live for table one coverage tomorrow"

9Ball.jpg

eastcoast_chris

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pay the money for a yearly subscription to DAZN you cheap ____ ! It has tons of pool, snooker, darts, soccer, MLB, NFL ... plus some other odd things like Carp fishing :) I'd have it just for the pool, snooker, darts ... the rest is just a bonus to me.

BTW, here is the table 2 feed on youtube

Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Albin Ouschen vs Scott Haas on DAZN live now with Stellar camera work and my favorite commentator, Nick Shulman and co.