International Open

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Watch the video of that golden break. What was wrong with the rack? It's a 9-ball with some luck involved and it just happens the breaking player makes a good break...
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10217456570458956&id=1016348619

Good rack...the nine wasn’t going anyplace until the cue ball hit it again.

..before my time, there was an old timer who used to bet on making the nine like that on
a 5x10....nine wouldn’t move....whitey would knock it in off the side rail...5 tries?

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
The crowd exploded in applause, but he knew that wasn't his planned shot. Maybe feeling a little guilt (that was a theory from some other players afterwards, at least), he missed a simple shot on the 5 to let Max get on the double hill. Then the snapped 9 came out straight out of the rack directly to the foot pocket, as if the balls below it were loose.

I just came in as Shane was shooting the 5-ball.....don’t think he missed it....
...looked like he was playing a hook....trying to kiss off the 7-ball and bump it out
and block the five....Shane had no shot on the 6-ball...he wasn’t playing the 5 in.

Did you remember to plug your car in?....:)

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I can’t find updated brackets
Anyone see the Corey vs Dennis match ? Comments/ who won?
Is Alex still in it ?

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I can’t find updated brackets
Anyone see the Corey vs Dennis match ? Comments/ who won?
Is Alex still in it ?

Orcollo beat Deuel hill-hill.
Cory and Max are at the same position on the B-side...so the pressure for the Mosconi
spot on the team is getting greater.

Alex plays the winner of Yapp and Garcia on the B-side....6:30 tonight, I believe.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Cory and Max are at the same position on the B-side...so the pressure for the Mosconi

Alex plays the winner of Yapp and Garcia on the B-side....6:30 tonight, I believe.

Nice to see you arrived safely. I saw a big red blob on the weather map, looked like it might have been right over your car for a while.

have fun!!

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Nice to see you arrived safely. I saw a big red blob on the weather map, looked like it might have been right over your car for a while.

have fun!!

Came through a bit of rain starting in West Va...
...told the Greek that in this dampness....if you hit the guard rail, the car will come off short....
...so steer accordingly.
:cool:

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
brackets:

https://www.azbilliards.com/tours_a.../brackets/150-2019-international-9-ball-open/

Corey lost hill/hill bumped to b-side ....Alex lost to Little Ko 11-4...bumped to b-side.

don't use the link above on your phone....

Thanks guys
:thumbup::thumbup:

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Good rack...the nine wasn’t going anyplace until the cue ball hit it again.

..before my time, there was an old timer who used to bet on making the nine like that on
a 5x10....nine wouldn’t move....whitey would knock it in off the side rail...5 tries?
I've heard that Lassiter played the nine by that method. Lots of players in this tournament are sending the cue ball over the spot. Besides making the nine, there is some chance to scratch.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Day 4 - Adults Only

Down to 32 players (12 on winners side and 20 on losers side).
3 Euro MC members (Filler, Kazakis, Shaw) on winners side and 3 USA MC members (SVB, Corey, Eberle) on losers side
No more dead money boys left. All adults only -minimum Fargo 750 with mostly 770+ No easy matches from today for the top players.
But I like it.

day4.JPG

tumblr_o64b62Vsff1smsmqro1_500.gifv

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I've heard that Lassiter played the nine by that method. Lots of players in this tournament are sending the cue ball over the spot. Besides making the nine, there is some chance to scratch.

One Eye Jesse....oldtime rom owner in Detroit told me about the cut break.
....so I tried it in a money match at the Rack....won a few $$$.
...made the 9-ball a few time, either straight in or banking it.
...but I also made three balls a lot.

I was putting whitey very close to the side rail rail and thin cutting the one...low ball.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
aranas is still my bet to take it all, he is due a big title. i looked at the brackets before and he seems to have gone through almost undented

YoungAtHeart

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We're down to the last 8 on the winners side.
6 of them are Europeans!
And another 5 or 6 Europeans on the 1 loss side!