Introducing kids to cue sports.

mnorwood

Moon
Silver Member
Last week I had a kid skip soccer practice to play in an in house pool tournament. When he told me he was ditching soccer for pool I felt really good.

Today I showed a group of kids a video of Ronnie's fastest maximum, one of Blomdahl's high runs, Efren's greatest shots and several other demonstrations of various cue sports disciplines. The videos held the their attention for the entire period, which is no easy task these days. Before today they had no idea snooker or 3 cushion even existed. People say that the young aren't capable of liking snooker or 3 cushion today's events in my classroom proved that wrong.

Ultimately I think cue sports in general will survive we just need to bring to people.

PHMJoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Last week I had a kid skip soccer practice to play in an in house pool tournament. When he told me he was ditching soccer for pool I felt really good.

Today I showed a group of kids a video of Ronnie's fastest maximum, one of Blomdahl's high runs, Efren's greatest shots and several other demonstrations of various cue sports disciplines. The videos held the their attention for the entire period, which is no easy task these days. Before today they had no idea snooker or 3 cushion even existed. People say that the young aren't capable of liking snooker or 3 cushion today's events in my classroom proved that wrong.

Ultimately I think cue sports in general will survive we just need to bring to people.

Are you a teacher? PM me and I will send you a copy of "Sharky the Pool Prodigy". It will be released in Late November. It will be rated "G". It is intended for family viewing and is about an 10 year old who is a good pool player and whose wisdom enlightens even the most seasoned players.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Joe...That's a great thing! Thanks for the copy of PHM...I loved it, and can't wait for the next one! I sent Marcus copies of our videos for the kids too! You just gotta love and respect the hard work this guy is putting into this program. Hopefully it will spread across TX, and across the country! :thumbup:

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Are you a teacher? PM me and I will send you a copy of "Sharky the Pool Prodigy". It will be released in Late November. It will be rated "G". It is intended for family viewing and is about an 10 year old who is a good pool player and whose wisdom enlightens even the most seasoned players.

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member

Joe,

Your wheels are always turning! I love it. Call me sometime.

Ray