IPT Chalk

rogelioii

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Who's used it? How does it play? How does it compare to Master Blue?

From the IPT website it looks a little darker than the Simonis Tournament Blue color (used in US open).... I'm thinking about ordering a gross but I don't want it making ugly marks on my table.

Thoughts?

Gregg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
rogelioii said:

From the IPT website it looks a little darker than the Simonis Tournament Blue color (used in US open).... I'm thinking about ordering a gross but I don't want it making ugly marks on my table.

Thoughts?

No, they use "Electric Blue" cloth!@# Just kidding. Inside joke here.

cmartor3

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
now they have IPT chalk? good lord, what is this pool world coming too, what next IPT powder, or an IPT glove....

whitewolf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
rogelioii said:

Thoughts?

IPT chalk simply SUCKS!

Champions in Frederick MD had some left over from the qualifier. In my match against a female 3, she insisted that we remove all the IPT chalk from the table and even offered her own Masters chalk :D . It is that bad.

Snapshot9

son of 3 leg 1 eye dog ..
Silver Member
Funny ...

Ramsckr (Linda) said players were telling her that they liked it better than Masters even, and she did too. At $22 a gross for members, I was thinking of trying it myself.

Al-fahl Amir

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
rogelioii said:

Thoughts?

Corey and I both use the IPT chalk and both like it better than Master's. You can't beat it for the price. amc

kzoojam2006

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Isn't it all made in the same place? :)

No, but seriously, I heard it's made in the same building as Master Chalk.

Dhakala

Banned
Can anyone describe the qualitative differences between IPT and Master chalk, i. e., grain, how well it sticks to a tip (and conversely, how well it gets all over other things), relative coefficients of friction or "how much it helps spin", etc.?

Dhakala

Banned
kzoojam2006 said:
Isn't it all made in the same place? :)

No, but seriously, I heard it's made in the same building as Master Chalk.

Master is made by Tweeten in Chicago. Silver Cup still comes out of the Macon, GA. There are a few other manufacturers around the world.

I'd like to find out who makes the Sportcraft-labeled chalk I'm seeing in a couple of bars around Denver. The cube is about 1/16" smaller on each face. Somebody's getting ripped off.

jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member
cmartor3 said:
now they have IPT chalk? good lord, what is this pool world coming too, what next IPT powder, or an IPT glove....

Seriously, don't laugh but I've read in the Natural Cures book that the IPT chalk prevents brittle nails, the IPT powder cures psoriasis and the glove eliminates atrhritis. But they're not allowed to advertise it.

rogelioii

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Al-fahl Amir said:
Corey and I both use the IPT chalk and both like it better than Master's. You can't beat it for the price. amc

Has anyone bought anything from the IPT website? If so, how long did it take?

A+++ ?

pooltchr

Prof. Billiard Instructor
Silver Member
Having worked in the billiard industry for a while, I can sometimes recognize some brands simply from the packaging. The IPT chalk comes packaged exactly the same as Master...right down to the colored sticker that is on the outside of the shrink-wrap to let you know what color the chalk is.
Steve

cmartor3

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
jimmyg said:
Seriously, don't laugh but I've read in the Natural Cures book that the IPT chalk prevents brittle nails, the IPT powder cures psoriasis and the glove eliminates atrhritis. But they're not allowed to advertise it.

hahaha really... i also heard about this IPT table felt...when you lay down on the table, you get really turned on hahahaha i tried face down oh yeah...

Dhakala

Banned
Snapshot9 said:
Ramsckr (Linda) said players were telling her that they liked it better than Masters even, and she did too. At $22 a gross for members, I was thinking of trying it myself.

I'd think again and shop some more.

Shipping to Denver is $9.95. Yours may be more or less.

At Mueller's a gross of Master blue is $18.95 plus $5.95 for ground shipping.

Dhakala

Banned
pooltchr said:
Having worked in the billiard industry for a while, I can sometimes recognize some brands simply from the packaging. The IPT chalk comes packaged exactly the same as Master...right down to the colored sticker that is on the outside of the shrink-wrap to let you know what color the chalk is.
Steve

Sounds like it's made by Tweeten, then. But it may still be different from Master's formulation.

Ring

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
cmartor3 said:
hahaha really... i also heard about this IPT table felt...when you lay down on the table, you get really turned on hahahaha i tried face down oh yeah...

Hmmm, I have some of the cloth at home.............

wanna come over and try it out?

Last edited:

gromulan

Reality police
Silver Member
jimmyg said:

If you order a gross you also get a set of Ginsu knives and a Mega Memory book, but only if you call within the next 15 minutes. Hurry! Operators are standing by.

Al-fahl Amir

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
rogelioii said:
Has anyone bought anything from the IPT website? If so, how long did it take?

A+++ ?

It took us a couple of weeks to get out gross of chalk and two things of the cloth. I think it will be quicker now because when we ordered it they didn't have it in supply yet. amc