IPT Players got some money today

uwate

daydreaming about pool
Silver Member
Just heard that Rodney got a fedex today from the IPT and got paid about 11% of what he was owed.

Any other players get paid?

pharaoh68

Banned
uwate said:
Just heard that Rodney got a fedex today from the IPT and got paid about 11% of what he was owed.

Oooh! 11%!! Deno, KT, and company certainly are men of their words!! :rolleyes:

Jimmy M.

Insomniac
Silver Member
$16,500 on a $150,000 debt. At this rate he'll be paid off ... well ... never.

Oh well. Like everyone else, I'll sit here and watch this all unfold.

EDIT: As it turns out, I make a better pool player than a mathematician.

Last edited:

Snapshot9

son of 3 leg 1 eye dog ..
Silver Member
That would be ....

Jimmy M. said:
$1650 on a $150,000 debt. At this rate he'll be paid off ... well ... never.

Oh well. Like everyone else, I'll sit here and watch this all unfold.[/QUOTE

$16,500, not $1,650 .... QUITE A DIFFERENCE .... lol

wayne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jimmy M. said:
$1650 on a $150,000 debt. At this rate he'll be paid off ... well ... never.

Oh well. Like everyone else, I'll sit here and watch this all unfold.

You better stick to playing pool Jimmy and let the accountants do the difficult math of figuring out what 11% of something is.

Al-fahl Amir

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
uwate said:

I received my tied for last place check today, 11% or 555.56. AMC

pharaoh68

Banned
wayne said:
You better stick to playing pool Jimmy and let the accountants do the difficult math of figuring out what 11% of something is.

Accountant or not. It doesn't take a genious to add up that it is still 89% less than what he is owed!!!!

wayne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
pharaoh68 said:
Accountant or not. It doesn't take a genious to add up that it is still 89% less than what he is owed!!!!

Still being owed 89% is better than being owed 100%. (this is the way to spell "genius")

mosconiac

Job+Wife+Child=No Stroke
Silver Member
I'd examine the check for fine print such as "Upon my signature, I hereby forfeit all rights to past earnings and lift the burden of all debts of the International Pool Tour (IPT)."

ScottW

Fo' shizzle!
Silver Member
mosconiac said:
I'd examine the check for fine print such as "Upon my signature, I hereby forfeit all rights to past earnings and lift the burden of all debts of the International Pool Tour (IPT)."

I was just about to post something similar - make sure those folks aren't signing away any rights to their remaining balances.

wvroadrunner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
uwate said:

That figure comes out, to the old 1/3 figure in three installments

Tokyo-dave

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
wvroadrunner said:
That figure comes out, to the old 1/3 figure in three installments
EXACTLY!! I was just going to say that two more checks like that would end up being a total of 33%. Where have I heard that figure before?:mad:

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
purest coincidence!

Tokyo-dave said:
EXACTLY!! I was just going to say that two more checks like that would end up being a total of 33%. Where have I heard that figure before?:mad:

That is purest coincidence!! How can you people be so suspicious minded? :D :rolleyes: :D

Hu

Jimmy M.

Insomniac
Silver Member
wayne said:

What can I say? Math isn't my strong point. I'm only a programmer and prone to mathematical errors. Next time I'll use a calculator. :D

I can still figure out that it's a lot less than he should have received ... even without a calculator!

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
signing and cashing those checks could be legal acceptance of money promised/owed which could hold up in court that he/she who cashes these may be legally saying they accept the "offer" which lets the payer off the hook on sending any presumed remaining balance. this could be a possible scenario so those involved should speak with an attorney to be sure.

Irish634

Whatever
Silver Member
Hmm so they are paying 11 cents on the dollar.... I wish my debts could be paid for that. So that means Efren's $500,000 is whittled down to $55,000.

All I can say is wow, the IPT tour is a piece of pure artwork. I want to play there! :p

T

Timberly

feldz23 said:
Just make sure it does not say paid in full on the check.
From what I understand, the checks notate "partial payment" of "X amount of dollars owed".

I'm not familiar with the laws of the land but my first impression is "that seems promising" but my inability to trust KT says, there must be a way for him to get around that. :eek: