Is Schmidt's and charlie 626 Legit

Status
Not open for further replies.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lou his run is in the record books. Now what?

It's in the record books but how did it get there?

Here, I'll answer my own question: it got there because two guys at the BCA who, together, probably can't run 14 balls, "certified" it. All the viewings have been "entertainment" and everyone has had a great time between drinks, food, schmoozing, and bathroom breaks.

We've been over and over and over this just in this very lengthy thread (which apparently no one has kept up with, preferring to just jump right in mid-stream). There's no news here. People should just move on but instead, they just like to keep poking folks in the eye.

Lou Figueroa

Welder84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Here, I'll answer my own question: it got there because two guys at the BCA who, together, probably can't run 14 balls, "certified" it. All the viewings have been "entertainment" and everyone has had a great time between drinks, food, schmoozing, and bathroom breaks.

We've been over and over and over this just in this very lengthy thread (which apparently no one has kept up with, preferring to just jump right in mid-stream). There's no news here. People should just move on but instead, they just like to keep poking folks in the eye.

Lou Figueroa
Lou D.H is the person that continues to start hurling insults at people he disagree's with (and will receive return fire). As far as the BCA it makes no difference if they play or not. If they certified the run then it counts (as a BCA record).
If the burden of proof is forensic video evidence then the 526 record would not apply. They had T.V then. However we believe Willie's run because of witnesses and because Mr. Mosconi's good name.
So John has submitted proof that meets the BCA current record requirements. That's that!
As long as Danny keeps calling John a liar don't be surprised when people call him on it.

Regards

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lou D.H is the person that continues to start hurling insults at people he disagree's with (and will receive return fire). As far as the BCA it makes no difference if they play or not. If they certified the run then it counts (as a BCA record).
If the burden of proof is forensic video evidence then the 526 record would not apply. They had T.V then. However we believe Willie's run because of witnesses and because Mr. Mosconi's good name.
So John has submitted proof that meets the BCA current record requirements. That's that!
As long as Danny keeps calling John a liar don't be surprised when people call him on it.

Regards

The BCA "certification" counts for some and for others is questionable -- no one can claim it is universally accepted just because it is what it is.

As to having TV back in the 50's, yes, that's true. But it was a tad bulkier then and was not a technology everyone carried in their back pockets.

Lou Figueroa

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 63

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
1612739952555.png

xradarx said:
Cause and effect? DH, just like you and other drivel sponsors have absolutely NO CONTROL OF xradarx username. You can thank your AzBhouspro/administrator/owner for limiting the xradarx responses into the js626 threads. He or his moderators chose to ban xradarx for a second period of time for, of all things, ‘way over the top participation in js626 threads’.

I, xradarx, have chosen to remain incommunicado, for the interim.

Since, you and others tend to notice a lot, there seems to be many, many, fewer members here now.

HAVE AT IT!

Welder84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The BCA "certification" counts for some and for others is questionable -- no one can claim it is universally accepted just because it is what it is.

As to having TV back in the 50's, yes, that's true. But it was a tad bulkier then and was not a technology everyone carried in their back pockets.

Lou Figuero

Lou Figueroa
Ok Lou, let's test your theory.
  1. Please provide the credentials for all of the 526 record witnesses.
  2. The witnesses must also prove or provide proof that they themselves play well.
  3. In addition all witnesses to the first 526 record must pass a straight pool general knowledge exam (scoring, fouls and general rules).
  4. Also please provide photos of the balls, table and related equipment (were they standard regulation, or non standard).
  5. If the equipment was Non-Standard please recertify any results with an *asterisk* denoting any and all Non-Standard conditions, judges, witnesses, participants or equipment used in the record.
  6. Please provide the sanctioning information for those who validated the first 526 run.
  7. Or maybe the folk's who certified the first record were just some guys who couldn't run 14 balls... You tell me.

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok Lou, let's test your theory.
  1. Please provide the credentials for all of the 526 record witnesses.
  2. The witnesses must also prove or provide proof that they themselves play well.
  3. In addition all witnesses to the first 526 record must pass a straight pool general knowledge exam (scoring, fouls and general rules).
  4. Also please provide photos of the balls, table and related equipment (were they standard regulation, or non standard).
  5. If the equipment was Non-Standard please recertify any results with an *asterisk* denoting any and all Non-Standard conditions, judges, witnesses, participants or equipment used in the record.
  6. Please provide the sanctioning information for those who validated the first 526 run.
  7. Or maybe the folk's who certified the first record were just some guys who couldn't run 14 balls... You tell me.

The folks on the Mosconi affidavit were not attempting to provide a governing body's certification -- it just said: this is what I witnessed.

I would also argue that the fact that they were willing to attend a 14.1 exhibition that night, and then urged Mosconi to continue on past 200, is ample evidence if their knowledge and passion for the game of straight pool. Lastly, everyone knows he accomplished the run on a Brunswick 4'x8' that was a regular part of that pool room's inventory and the only Brunswick in the house. Since Mosconi was on tour working for Brunswick he chose that table. IOWs, it was a regular, normal pool table and not a specially engineered "high run" table. The balls he used were most likely his own, Centennials with a blue dot CB. Oh, and Mosconi did it on *one* go, almost as a lark.

Other than that, Mosconi's record has been recognized by everyone in and out of pool for over 60 years. Even JS acknowledges it was "the record" he was shooting for ;-)

Lou Figueroa

Welder84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Another guy who jumps into a thread without having read it and asks a question that has already been addressed.

Lou Figueroa
Lou you would have to be a member of Congress to expect anyone who responds to a 140 page thread to have read all of it.

My response was directed at D.H who keeps calling the J.S record fake news. When I look up new post's (that's what I read). You responded to a conversation between myself and D.H. If you are here to defend a conspiracy theory or are speaking on behalf of D.H (be prepared for recurring questions).

Respectfully

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lou you would have to be a member of Congress to expect anyone who responds to a 140 page thread to have read all of it.

My response was directed at D.H who keeps calling the J.S record fake news. When I look up new post's (that's what I read). You responded to a conversation between myself and D.H. If you are here to defend a conspiracy theory or are speaking on behalf of D.H (be prepared for recurring questions).

Respectfully

I have high hopes for everyone.

Lou Figueroa

Welder84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The folks on the Mosconi affidavit were not attempting to provide a governing body's certification -- it just said: this is what I witnessed.

I would also argue that the fact that they were willing to attend a 14.1 exhibition that night, and then urged Mosconi to continue on past 200, is ample evidence if their knowledge and passion for the game of straight pool. Lastly, everyone knows he accomplished the run on a Brunswick 4'x8' that was a regular part of that pool room's inventory and the only Brunswick in the house. Since Mosconi was on tour working for Brunswick he chose that table. IOWs, it was a regular, normal pool table and not a specially engineered "high run" table. The balls he used were most likely his own, Centennials with a blue dot CB. Oh, and Mosconi did it on *one* go, almost as a lark.

Other than that, Mosconi's record has been recognized by everyone in and out of pool for over 60 years. Even JS acknowledges it was "the record" he was shooting for ;-)

Lou Figueroa
Wikipedia claim...
The table used had 5 1/4 inch pockets.
Is that a fact?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210208-092419.png
    Screenshot_20210208-092419.png
    451 KB · Views: 55

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Then you should know I've previously answered PJ's question and it is not because I said so.

But then again, maybe you just prefer being snarky.

Lou Figueroa
just a guess
But it is because you said you don't think they are qualified to certify this run,

Status
Not open for further replies.