Is Schmidt's and charlie 626 Legit

Status
Not open for further replies.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
How about shooting the 6 in the corner with a ton of low left draw hit the side rail below the side pocket and try to get under the cluster near the score markers.

Now if done right there are a lot of options to pocket balls in the side or far corners.

But thats a Monday morning quarterback decision.

The combo was probably the right choice in the heat of the moment.
The 6, leaving the cue around the headspot, 4 in the corner and cue off foot rail to bust them wide?

In guessing...not a straight pool player of any sort really.

Sent from the future.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, like others, Im wondering what the leaders of the "it didn't happen" club have to say to Bob Jewett in regard to his report on John Schmidt's 626 run?

Bob, it sounds like you had a really good time. I'm really glad to hear your thoughts about the "FACTS" that surround John's run.

Again, thanks for the report.

I'm gonna make some popcorn...well, ask my wife to make some. I keep forgetting I can't walk that far.

Jeff

markjames

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
On a good day i can run 26, not 600. But i do follow the game and 8/9/10 &snooker.

My idea -sacrifice the break ball and go into the cluster of three balls,
Developing a new break ball and keeping the up table ball as the key.

How about this photo
Mark Kendall of
Great White

Attachments

• 249BBCC8-4059-4564-941B-039D10802AFE.jpeg
    249BBCC8-4059-4564-941B-039D10802AFE.jpeg
    186.3 KB · Views: 318

GaryB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you Bob Jewett. It took someone of your acknowledged expertise to shut up some people who had no business even commenting on John's achievement.

I watched John at Hard Times when Jack Cooney was teaching him One Pocket during the day while gambling and they were not cheap lessons. While at night he lost thousands to Morro. When asked why he kept playing Morro he simply said "I'm better and just need to get over the head trip." He did. I've seen him at his best and at his worst when in the middle of a match with "One Pocket Richie" out of Sta Monica he swept the balls off the table in the middle of a match. He has always had a ton of talent and has had, like many of us, his ups and downs.

Bottom lime is that he set a goal for himself to break Mosconi's record and let everyone know what he was doing and he finally did it. For a group of people to immediately try to minimize and taint his achievement without having watched the evidence speaks volumes about their lack of class if not integrity.

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, like others, Im wondering what the leaders of the "it didn't happen" club have to say to Bob Jewett in regard to his report on John Schmidt's 626 run?

Bob, it sounds like you had a really good time. I'm really glad to hear your thoughts about the "FACTS" that surround John's run.

Again, thanks for the report.

I'm gonna make some popcorn...well, ask my wife to make some. I keep forgetting I can't walk that far.

Jeff

I don't think they will reply in this thread again. Not much left for them to deny at this point.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been traveling and frankly haven't been paying much attention to this thread the last few days but I do have a couple of comments (which I've said before) but will repeat for the peanut gallery.

First, even before he made the trip, I said a would prefer not to comment on BJ', viewing of the run.

Second, I said, long ago, that JS probably made the run and that's where my opinion remains.

Lastly, I am unimpressed with the chest beating by the usual suspects but please go ahead and knock yourselves out. There's nothing wrong with healthy skepticism, particularly for extraordinary claims. And who knows what will come out in the future ;-)

Lou Figueroa

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
I've been traveling and frankly haven't been paying much attention to this thread the last few days but I do have a couple of comments (which I've said before) but will repeat for the peanut gallery.

First, even before he made the trip, I said a would prefer not to comment on BJ', viewing of the run.

Second, I said, long ago, that JS probably made the run and that's where my opinion remains.

Lastly, I am unimpressed with the chest beating by the usual suspects but please go ahead and knock yourselves out. There's nothing wrong with healthy skepticism, particularly for extraordinary claims. And who knows what will come out in the future ;-)

Lou Figueroa

You never disappoint, Lou. :p

BTW, what about Mark Wilson? He has supposedly seen the video. Is his opinion valid? Trying to find out who in the pool world is unimpeachable...

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member

BTW, what about Mark Wilson? He has supposedly seen the video. Is his opinion valid? Trying to find out who in the pool world is unimpeachable...

No worries, we all know he "knew" it all along. He's never been wrong yet, why start now ;) lol

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Lou Figueroa

Are we really supposed to believe you have been traveling without unedited video proof?

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

If Willie himself gave a nod to John, certain people would still not acknowledge the run. They cannot see past their own hatred.

Jeff

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
you should not ask for so much.

lets just focus on confirmation of "life" and leave the "wellness" to the more qualified.

Jeff

lol. sorry, just use to my insurance terminology. Term we use to send an rep out to check on older folks collecting disability from work comp. Just want to make sure they are still alive as long as we are cutting them checks ;) lol

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

No going there either.

Lou Figueroa
nice try though

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
lol. sorry, just use to my insurance terminology. Term we use to send an rep out to check on older folks collecting disability from work comp. Just want to make sure they are still alive as long as we are cutting them checks ;) lol

Oh, the insurance one. My bad.

Oh, btw...your door's broken, Mr harried man. You should fix that.

Status
Not open for further replies.