Is Schmidt's and charlie 626 Legit

Status
Not open for further replies.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
And to think that these are some of the same people who criticized the JS record attempt for not being a pure straight pool accomplishment and being "contrived". (borrow a dictionary radaro). Man, there is some real deep hate out in the 14.1 world.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And to think that these are some of the same people who criticized the JS record attempt for not being a pure straight pool accomplishment and being "contrived". (borrow a dictionary radaro). Man, there is some real deep hate out in the 14.1 world.

I think the driving force is more about having something unedited and verifiable out there as the record.

Lou Figueroa

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
I think the driving force is more about having something unedited and verifiable out there as the record.

Lou Figueroa
I'm sure thats all it is. Any odds on whether any of it will actually happen?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not a chance! How soon y’all forget? One man suspended all existing rules for 14.1, set his own rules for his hi-run attempts, and no one else is privy to his prowess in claiming he set a high run record for 14.1. I don’t think so!

Don’t care who(m) gets an invitation to play, unless there is a set rule/regulation by which all participants abide, including the event provider.

run that through your dictionary, dip 😷’o
What are the high run rules?

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You should know about the deep hate! You’re an expert deep hater of all opposing posters in these threads, dictionary or not.
And that is the crux of you: you think it is hate but it isn't.

It is simply fact that johns run has been declared the record, by the bca and there is a small minority that cares, an even smaller minority that refuses to accept any attestations to it's legitimacy.

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree, it's the knowledge the person has. Some pro's can't put it into works or show it visually to make sense. Some can.

But, going back to what Lou says, I'm guessing he has not hung around with Nick Varner too much. He knew what he was doing at the table, and why things happened the way they happened. If there was ever a student of the game that is a also a pro player, its Nick. I would think there are not many folks on the planet who has more knowledge of ALL pool games than Nick.
Mizerak definitely was in that category also, of profoundly knowing why things happened the way they happened -- and could clearly verbalize and teach it.

Reactions: KRJ

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member

And They are now turning on themselves, gd this never gets old

gerryf

Yea I was semi' invited to ur 5 1/2" pocket soiree - so I decided to give u an invitation on 2-1 for yer $ playing me 14.1 in a set to 300 points - I received no reply. That is a nice w.r. of 311 on the diamond - without any video footage. I see u in duh funny papers - Adios Bobbie Chamberlain.

Interesting if this does happen, and it will also be interesting to see who's invited.

John Schmidt could potentially be a loser here if someone beats his high record, but that can happen anyway if someone devotes some time to an extended attempt in their home pool hall. But if they don't beat his record, then Schmidt's run looks even better.

Just going by high-runs that have been listed, Schmidt, Hohmann, and other Euro/Asian/Phillipino players would be the favorites.

I suspect Danny won't participate since he's likely to be a loser as well. His only winning scenario is to get a higher run than Schmidt, Hohmann, etc., and from his record he isn't in the same league as the top players. And even worse, if he didn't win it, he'd have to change his avatar from "one of the best in 14.1", to "one of the also-rans in 14.1".

It sure would be an interesting event.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm sure thats all it is. Any odds on whether any of it will actually happen?

I believe the odds are very favorable for it to happen.

The guy behind it is very passionate about the game and its history. And he has the will and the dough to do it.

Lou Figueroa

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

The guy behind it is very passionate about the game and its history. And he has the will and the dough to do it.

Lou Figueroa
I got my fingers crossed he gets somewhere close to 100% participation from invitees.

It really has the potential to be a great story. Would be very cool to see rolling stone/ spots illustrated type mag do a big piece.

Pool is a minor fixture in advertising, so imagery wise, it is already accepted.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member

Lou Figueroa
Probably right, should be quite the spectacle.

Status
Not open for further replies.