Is Schmidt's and charlie 626 Legit

Status
Not open for further replies.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Pretty sure there are several women with 100+ runs. Now if you have certain criteria and table specs.....
I know someone who used to play with Jean at her room manynyears ago and said she ran a 100 on him in a race to 100 then put up her cue. He said he asked her why she did not get back on tour. She simply answered, For what?

gerryf

Danny has been doing nothing but lying and accusing folks of stuff since this thread started without nary a warning from you. Everyone is in on the "scam" of the century. With Nothing, nada, zilch in terms of evidence other than an old guy yelling at the kids to get off his damn lawn ;)

End of the day, this is NOT azbaccusesbilliardrecordholderasfraudbecausewelovemosconi.com

I'd like to call Danny a "grumpy old guy", but I'm sure I'll get kicked to the curb since I don't have quite enough evidence ;)

Is it the same Danny Harriman? Might be the same person, but he's clearly changed.

Mar 14 2007
Hello fellow 14.1 enthusiasts, I just thought I would share with someone that last night I ran a 156. A few weeks ago I ran a 200 and caught it on tape however it was ugly as I had many difficult shots. Last night's run was smooth, the equip. I'm playing on is an early 1900's Brunswick ball return table, it has a few squirly' spots in the slate due to the age factor but besides that the table is in fine shape. The cushions are K66 and the cloth is not brand new, I might add also that this table is in a basement which makes it more difficult to disperse the rack due to humidity. Someone on this forum is allway's referring to that perfect 14.1 run (Steve Lipsky) well I realize that it is nothing like John Shmidt's 246, I have ran over 200 many times but never before did it look as easy as this particular run. I have watched John's recording of his run and he makes it look easy, what a great champion he is. I thought maybe I will make a commentary of my little 156 if anyone would be interested pM me back and I might get a hacker to show me how to display it here on the computer.
Your's truly, Danny Harriman (Bob Jewett's 14.1 challenge Champ)

Apr 23, 2021
This is inaccurate, yer just as wrong bout the 626 being a 'new record' in 14.1 - as u were when u thought u would compete with Lou in One Pocket. Many people (including myself) see their claim as being nothing more than some cheap publicity stunt. I do not believe that Lou, myself and many other members of this forum accept that Mosconi's record has been surpassed. The powers in charge of hiding the unedited video - will lose in the end, a lot more than the ten large u donated to Lou.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Looks like 68, Ewa, in 1992. I remember the Accu-Stats video when they cut away from another match to watch it. I believe the match they cut away from was West and Ortmann, but I've have to check that.
I think that's the US Women's Open record, if that's the question. And that might be the ladies' tournament record as well. I guess I'd be pretty surprised if Jasmine or even Jeanette doesn't have a higher tournament 14.1 run.

edit: https://forums.azbilliards.com/thre...-for-high-runs-at-predator-world-14-1.111200/

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
Sending you screenshots privately. Bobby admitted to it as well. And you're right, saying racist stuff doesn't make a person a racist, it just makes them appear to be one. I am just disgusted by the conduct and ACCUSATIONS being thrown out here by Bobby, Danny and Lou. Apparently getting accused of making racist comments on AZB and other places towards other members is not cool whether or not they are true BUT calling a US Open champion and his associates in the high run quest, Predator Cue and the Billiard Congress of America liars and frauds without proof is 100% acceptable.

Danny Harriman
Lou Figueroa
Bobby Chamberlain

These three are ALL guilty of that. This thread contains AMPLE proof of such. Will you demand that they produce their proof or nuke this sorry thread? Remember when John Schmidt came here and proposed a deal for anyone who would put him into the US Open and an AZB member took him up on it? Then John won it and we all celebrated the fact that AZB was the catalyst for that connection.

Now so many years later it's totally good that three members get to accuse John of fraud and denigrate with ZERO proof.

On your orders I will of course no longer state the truth about those two in regards to their past comments about my staff and my wife. I do hope that you think about the contrast between demanding proof from me and not them.
I too am disgusted Mr. Barton that they choose to hide the evidence (in disc form) and available for sale to the public, I was reading an article from the Atlantic not long ago - about how capitalism drives the 'cancel culture'. I do not know much about the 'woke' culture nor do I care to. I do believe that yer possibly apart of the cancel culture, it is a travesty what they (cancel culture) have tried to do to Mosconi's record. I doubt you yerself' have seen unedited footage of this claim of 626, yet u find fault in we the people who simply would like to see this elusive 626? Truly a shame, I would say that if u would like to see the thread go away - it is easy - produce unedited footage of this 626. I think after waiting two years for proof - the chances of you producing that footage is about as good as a proverbial snowball flying through the lower regions of hell. If yer really looking for a One Pocket game - i will play u some - ten ahead is ok wit me - just in case u feel froggy.
The chances of that dream happening are about the same as u or the two yahoos over at bca/csi producing an unedited version of this 626 - in disc form. I hope this thread makes the cancel culture think twice - the next time they try and steal a 67 year old sports history record. Also any beef u have with me - please address me instead of yacking with Lou, I will answer any questions u may have - case' yer wondering.

Hypothetically I could lay claim to have run 1000 in 14.1, now if I made that claim and said I caught the run on camera - in it's entirety - I would expect the people to want to see proof. Their little theater show - ain't proof, also i think u are wrong in claiming that Lou is a racist - I don't think so. All were asking to see is unedited video of this 626, I don't deny the fact that John is a great player. I never called anyone a fraud or a liar, but after waiting two years for proof it is clear that they have a problem producing solid evidence. Mosconi's 526 stands tall above the cancel culture human vultures and sports history scavengers.

Last edited:

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
I think that's the US Women's Open record, if that's the question. And that might be the ladies' tournament record as well. I guess I'd be pretty surprised if Jasmine or even Jeanette doesn't have a higher tournament 14.1 run.

edit: https://forums.azbilliards.com/thre...-for-high-runs-at-predator-world-14-1.111200/
Yes, I agree with you, probably Jean Balukas as well. Of course you then get into the same argument that others are ruminating over, whether it's official or not.

All the best,
WW

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
🤓
ok speculations. Yeah, you seem really "good" with John right now. Of course you would say he is a great player. Even you could NOT find a way to deny that. However IIRC you made some little jabs about lack of titles recently.

Sure, you're not bothered in the least. Just enough to participate in a shit thread calling John and his team liars and frauds and to partner up with the other chief accuser and be "our man on AZB" for whatever project he claims to be on now. Just going back over the screenshots and I see that he told me in 2012 that he was going to do a DVD and give the proceeds to colon cancer research (to validate to me what a really "good" guy he is) ........ Funny I never heard anything more about that.

My purpose here in this thread is simple. I think that you and Danny and Bobby are making accusations that you cannot back up and doing it with impunity and ZERO concern of censure. I can take admonishment from Mike for interjecting facts about you that don't pertain to pool and alter my content accordingly. I feel that you and them have zero care about using this forum to sling your unproven/unprovable defamatory accusations.

And no Lou, some details are not immaterial to me. But they are not material to this topic and thus will not be further discussed. When people think that they can get to me by mentioning our second match then it certainly opens up the topic for rebuttable. IN MY OPINION you are ducking me regardless of what your "excuse" is.
When u say unprovable - that is not accurate - and u know it foreign case maker, it would be easy for them to have the what ever footage they have - released in disc form and available to Open Public and not just the semi public. That would quell the dissidents such as I - and many others, but it does not take two years to produce a dvd - unless u haven't got unedited proof. So again if u want the dissidents and or skeptics to go away - that is a simple recipe that will get it done. Again I think the chance of them producing unedited footage of their claim - are similar to u and I playing a set of One Pocket for ten large (see the proverbial snowball in the lower regions of cancel culture).

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I too am disgusted Mr. Barton that they choose to hide the evidence (in disc form) and available for sale to the public, I was reading an article from the Atlantic not long ago - about how capitalism drives the 'cancel culture'. I do not know much about the 'woke' culture nor do I care to. I do believe that yer possibly apart of the cancel culture, it is a travesty what they (cancel culture) have tried to do to Mosconi's record. I doubt you yerself' have seen unedited footage of this claim of 626, yet u find fault in we the people who simply would like to see this elusive 626? Truly a shame, I would say that if u would like to see the thread go away - it is easy - produce unedited footage of this 626. I think after waiting two years for proof - the chances of you producing that footage is about as good as a proverbial snowball flying through the lower regions of hell. If yer really looking for a One Pocket game - i will play u some - ten ahead is ok wit me - just in case u feel froggy.
The chances of that dream happening are about the same as u or the two yahoos over at bca/csi producing an unedited version of this 626 - in disc form. I hope this thread makes the cancel culture think twice - the next time they try and steal a 67 year old sports history record. Also any beef u have with me - please address me instead of yacking with Lou, I will answer any questions u may have - case' yer wondering.

Hypothetically I could lay claim to have run 1000 in 14.1, now if I made that claim and said I caught the run - in it's entirety - I would expect the people to want to see proof. Their little theater show - ain't proof, also i think u are wrong in claiming that Lou is a racist - I don't think so. All were asking to see is unedited video of this 626, I don't deny the fact that John is a great player. I never called anyone a fraud or a liar, but after waiting two years for proof it is clear that they have a problem producing solid evidence. Mosconi's 526 stands tall above the cancel culture human vultures and sports history scavengers.
Sorry but even Bobby doesn't think Mosconi's 526 is the high run record.
Cancel culture? Lol, for what, attempting to and succeeding at breaking a record?

There is a really easy way to settle this. John said he wanted to monetize his achievement. So if you're convinced enough that he didn't do it all you need to do is offer to freeze up enough for him to take your bet against being able to provide the full video.

I am positive that an arrangement can be made where you and a lawyer and him and his lawyer sit in a room and watch it.

Has absolutely nothing to do with cancelling Mosconi or anyone else. The fact is that John's run was verified by the Billiard Congress of America. They really get nothing out of it whether or not is verified but they absolutely get major criticism and are possibly subject to legal issues if they certify the result by claiming, as they did, to have watched the run in the entirety.

Predator stands to lose if it's not real. The owner of predator isn't afraid to litigate and so maybe that's why no one is had the balls to directly implicate them with accusations of fraud as you are doing with John and the BCA.

I think it's silly and jealous to go this far denigrating John's accomplishment. People I know and trust have verified this to me which is why I am willing to bet high on it being true.

All this is good for is getting views on a forum. Negativity and conflict get more attention than respect and congratulations.

And yes, you are calling John, his backers, his sponsor, and the BCA frauds. You can dance around it but that's exactly what you are doing here. I agree that it would be great if all of us could see the full video but the fact is that there is no upside to that for John's income. You certainly don't have enough reason to say that they cannot show the unedited footage just because they won't show it to you.

Try offering John a grand for a private viewing? If he refuses try $2000. You might come to a point where your respective desires align. But I doubt you will get what you want by these public accusations.

And for the record I have been critical of both the BCA and John in the past. I am not any sort of shill for either of them. I simply think that the weight of evidence is way on their side here.

I look at what is there to gain or lose and if John were to fake it then he would be done in the pool world once that was found out. The short term gain would not worth the long-term, as in always on the net, pain.

gerryf

Hypothetically I could lay claim to have run 1000 in 14.1, now if I made that claim and said I caught the run - in it's entirety - I would expect the people to want to see proof. Their little theater show - ain't proof, also i think u are wrong in claiming that Lou is a racist - I don't think so. All were asking to see is unedited video of this 626, I don't deny the fact that John is a great player. I never called anyone a fraud or a liar, but after waiting two years for proof it is clear that they have a problem producing solid evidence. Mosconi's 526 stands tall above the cancel culture human vultures and sports history scavengers.
Show your video of your 1000 run in 14.1 to the BCA, together with the signed statement from the people who watched it. You could have the high run record!!

If you can't buy a video from Schmidt it's obviously because you haven't offered enough.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is inaccurate, yer just as wrong bout the 626 being a 'new record' in 14.1 - as u were when u thought u would compete with Lou in One Pocket. Many people (including myself) see their claim as being nothing more than some cheap publicity stunt. I do not believe that Lou, myself and many other members of this forum accept that Mosconi's record has been surpassed. The powers in charge of hiding the unedited video - will lose in the end, a lot more than the ten large u donated to Lou.
LOL you people are laughable Mosconi record isn’t even recorded. It’s all word of mouth. It’s been broken By the powers that decide if it has. its a record playing a kids game. Who cares. 😆😆😆😆 t
this Is the reason pros don’t waste their time coming on this site anymore. 😂😂😂

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
LOL you people are laughable Mosconi record isn’t even recorded. It’s all word of mouth. It’s been broken By the powers that decide if it has. its a record playing a kids game. Who cares. 😆😆😆😆 t

Not much of anything was recorded before the advent of video capability in your phone.

Now, everything is recorded (but apparently not released ;-) So back then they did the next best thing and circulated an affidavit for the witnesses to sign. It's in the Smithsonian.

Lou Figueroa

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Not much of anything was recorded before the advent of video capability in your phone.

Now, everything is recorded (but apparently not released ;-) So back then they did the next best thing and circulated an affidavit for the witnesses to sign. It's in the Smithsonian.

Lou Figueroa
So if the Smithsonian displays anything related to the JS run, will that be acceptable to you? As opposed to the BCA certification, Nick Varner, Mark Wilson, etc...just trying to ascertain who is to be believed, and who isn't. :)

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So if the Smithsonian displays anything related to the JS run, will that be acceptable to you? As opposed to the BCA certification, Nick Varner, Mark Wilson, etc...just trying to ascertain who is to be believed, and who isn't. :)

I mentioned the Smithsonian, not as a matter of authenticity, but rather locale if any interested party wanted to check it out.

And OBTW Varner and Wilson have not "certified" diddly-do-da. They saw something and thought it was nice. I'm not sure either of those guys were aware of the special conditions that were used. I see MW frequently and know someone who is very good friends with NV. I know what they think.

Lou Figueroa

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
don't recall hardly any pros on here anyway.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
It's been over six months since he officially broke the record. If there was anything suspicious about it, we would have heard rumblings about it by now from one of the people who witnessed it or someone else involved.

Until someone can provide proof of wrongdoing, John's 626 is legit and will continue to be celebrated by the vast majority of the pool community. Myself included.
U might not want to do any private investments on the 626 run being legit - two yrs after the announcement - no unedirted' proof are they showing, it was kinda a good fish story - had theuy not tried to associate it with Mosconi's Legit 526. Longest thread on az - directly related to Pocket Billiards - I think that is close to a rumbling - count the seconds knee jerk germalism' taylor - the rumblings are coming to yer favorite fishing spot. Eventually a lightening bolt of truth will scare all yer fishies off.

Last edited:

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
I am not a fan of Schmidt. I am not a nut-hugger.

Do I think he did it? Yep, I do.

Danny, like you, I think Schmidt is a huge fan and player of straight pool. I am sorry you and John weren't born 75 years ago, when it was huge, and now it is just an afterthought.

My other advice is unless you have proof otherwise, I wouldn't go down the path of Schmidt not doing it.

Believe whatever you want to believe, but again, without proof otherwise, John did it.

Ken
Without unedited proof available - not only will I go down that road - I will help pave it. Running a 626 - without a skid = very tough and should require true evidence. Thanks for advice though.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
Well, then.. Seems as if Danny needs to shell out his money and go to one of John's viewings, if he is really that concerned about the legitimacy of the run.

If he doesn't wish to do so, then it's really not all that important to him, and it's just about tearing down John. (Which is what it is actually about.)
this is not accurate, as I have stated in this thread many times - if one of my friends had claimed to have caught a 626 on camera - I would still like to see the run - on dvd disc - if u yhave time to waste - u should attend their little theater show - I hear it's b rated movie.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
As u like to state lol, Lou and I are both Professional Pocket Billiard Players - way out of yer league amateur trob. People who post many smiley faces = low intellect. If yer going to be active participant in this thread u will need to answer my question that u never felt compelled to answer - so please answer any of the following questions - or do not engage - as I respond to yer questions. You stated once - in this thread that u took the '626 claim' to a friend u had a radio station and reported as news worthy. Do u still think it was wise of u to report the 626 storry' to yer friend at radio station - before u urself saw full unedited footage of their claim? Did predator cue company give u a new cue for allowing the fake news to be reported on the radio? U ask who cares - answer - take a look at how many views this thread has received - those are the people who care. Ur lack of respect for proper Sports History record keeping is kinda appalling, those who care to erase American Pocket Billiard History are truly pitiful group of cancel culture cowards. Unless you provide an answer to my question - I will say yer nothing more than a 'fake news spreader'. I personally would not report it as a story until I saw unedited footage of the claim - but some are quick to share their spread.

Last edited:

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
Sorry but even Bobby doesn't think Mosconi's 526 is the high run record.
Cancel culture? Lol, for what, attempting to and succeeding at breaking a record?

There is a really easy way to settle this. John said he wanted to monetize his achievement. So if you're convinced enough that he didn't do it all you need to do is offer to freeze up enough for him to take your bet against being able to provide the full video.

I am positive that an arrangement can be made where you and a lawyer and him and his lawyer sit in a room and watch it.

Has absolutely nothing to do with cancelling Mosconi or anyone else. The fact is that John's run was verified by the Billiard Congress of America. They really get nothing out of it whether or not is verified but they absolutely get major criticism and are possibly subject to legal issues if they certify the result by claiming, as they did, to have watched the run in the entirety.

Predator stands to lose if it's not real. The owner of predator isn't afraid to litigate and so maybe that's why no one is had the balls to directly implicate them with accusations of fraud as you are doing with John and the BCA.

I think it's silly and jealous to go this far denigrating John's accomplishment. People I know and trust have verified this to me which is why I am willing to bet high on it being true.

All this is good for is getting views on a forum. Negativity and conflict get more attention than respect and congratulations.

And yes, you are calling John, his backers, his sponsor, and the BCA frauds. You can dance around it but that's exactly what you are doing here. I agree that it would be great if all of us could see the full video but the fact is that there is no upside to that for John's income. You certainly don't have enough reason to say that they cannot show the unedited footage just because they won't show it to you.

Try offering John a grand for a private viewing? If he refuses try $2000. You might come to a point where your respective desires align. But I doubt you will get what you want by these public accusations.

And for the record I have been critical of both the BCA and John in the past. I am not any sort of shill for either of them. I simply think that the weight of evidence is way on their side here.

I look at what is there to gain or lose and if John were to fake it then he would be done in the pool world once that was found out. The short term gain would not worth the long-term, as in always on the net, pain.
Don't be sorry - unless u really are - Chamberalin's opinion has little value to me, yer opinion bout legitimacy of the 626 claim - means little to me, and yer friends whom u trust "" as well. People I know and trust say they would like to see unedited footage, the unedited footage of this elusive 626 DOES have value - to me and many others - that appears to be unavailable(thumbs down). Should not be necessary to talk about lawyers when they lay claim that a public Sports history record has been surpassed and caught on camera, the ability to view the run - should be available to public - for sale - in unedited disc form, as j.s. stated he wanted the World to see his accomplishment (his words or verbatim) - I think he meant to say he wanted the world to see an 'edited theater version' or his version of truth. As for anyone who wants to see unedited footage - see j.s's adoptoon agencies lawyers. I will gladly give j.s. his due accolade - when I see unedited footage of the CLAIM. until then Mosconi's 526 stands. Just for real record - I never wrote a bad check in my life Mr. Barton. If yer trying to provide cover for j.s. and his sponsors - inability to provide unedited footage of their CLAIM to have run a 626 on camera - with unedited footage as proof - yer mission was not accomplished.
Thank You for responding to me directly instead of before though, a thea-trick-all version - does not trick us all - only the human sheep and corrupt cancel culture types. I no need the internet to find pain, I will shed light on the truth - when I can - this is one of those American cases' J. Barton. The truth ='s It's George. However tricking the public (tryin to erase American Pocket billiard History) ='s Tom. In Missouri when we hear something that requires verification - we say Show Me. The cancel culture says - oh you want to see unedited proof - see our lawyers - instructive isn't it? For all forum viewers and readers - cancel culture say's Mosconi's record has supposedly been surpassed - if yall are asking to see proof - you will hear from bca/pred cue/barton foreign cases lawyer possibly. Last but certainly not least - to try and lie to public about American 14.1 adjudication is a sure sign of narcissism - media lies and cancel culture seem to go hand in hand - when called out they holler racism and other nonsense, this is my assessment of this new coward/cancel culture - I sure hope u have not devolved into that - but it sounds like u have. For anyone who goes to view one of their theater 626 shows - bonus - they may be giving away free bottles of snake oil as u leave their den of iniquity. As once u leave the 626 theater show - u have to leave yer world of make believe. Last I would reassert that the chances of u, the bca powers at b/predcueco/ and lipschmidt coward schmidt coming up with unedirted' footage of their 626 CLAIM - are the same as you and I playing a large set of One Pocket even on a pro spec Diamond - just in case' yer wondering.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.