gerryf

What's a good name for this event?

"The Not-a-Schmidt" 14.1 High Run Challenge

"Skip-the-Schmidt" 14.1 High Run Challenge

I kind of like "The Schmidt-less" 14.1 High Run Challenge

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Actually, I believe BC just changed the name from "Legends of Straight Pool" to "Legends of Pocket Billiards" to make it a little more old school and more inclusive.

In fact, the event will be conducted on a table with old school green cloth : -)

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Thank you.

Lou Figueroa
You're welcome. Always happy to recognize a person for their skills and your ability to spin bullshit into different bullshit is AMAZING.

What's a good name for this event?

"The Not-a-Schmidt" 14.1 High Run Challenge

"Skip-the-Schmidt" 14.1 High Run Challenge

I kind of like "The Schmidt-less" 14.1 High Run Challenge
HAHAHAHA!

Scared Schmitt-less?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Best one!!!!

Like I said, based upon what you're saying here you should end up happy.

Lou Figueroa

Everyone likes a happy ending.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You're welcome. Always happy to recognize a person for their skills and your ability to spin bullshit into different bullshit is AMAZING.

HAHAHAHA!

Best one!!!!

Everyone likes a happy ending.

Somehow, I'm pretty sure you would know a lot about the "happy ending" stuff.

Lou Figueroa

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Personally, I would not invite Mosconi.

And besides, any other player could do his thing again -- go for a high run by setting up his table and just go at it, no one is stopping that. JS did what he did on his own terms and seems content with the outcome. I don't see why he gets a bite at someone else's golden apple.

Did he invite other guys to go for a run at his venue? Did he leave the table set up and say, "Goferit."

Lou Figueroa
Maybe I’m misunderstanding the event. I thought it was more of a tournament atmosphere and in that case it would seem weird not to have the record holder present. If nothing else you can tell him you want to see the unedited version. Lol.

either way I look forward to see what’s happening here once it goes off. Hopefully there’s a live stream to check out.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe I’m misunderstanding the event. I thought it was more of a tournament atmosphere and in that case it would seem weird not to have the record holder present. If nothing else you can tell him you want to see the unedited version. Lol.

either way I look forward to see what’s happening here once it goes off. Hopefully there’s a live stream to check out.

I guess I don’t know what you mean by “a tournament atmosphere.”

The idea was always one table, one player. One champion takes a go, then another champion, and so on. And there will be a live stream.

Lou Figueroa

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member

The idea was always one table, one player. One champion takes a go, then another champion, and so on. And there will be a live stream.

Lou Figueroa
Takes a long time to set up that one table?

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Somehow, I'm pretty sure you would know a lot about the "happy ending" stuff.

Lou Figueroa
Maybe. Waking up is a happy beginning and going to bed each day in peace each day and surrounded by my loving family is a happy ending.

Just like 626 was a happy ending by world record holder John Schmidt. Perhaps, his happy ending will be your happy beginning.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member

Lou Figueroa

Yes, I believe the attempts will be archived, as well as streamed live, Arnaldo.

He is also making an effort to have two cameras focused on each table.

Lou Figueroa

gerryf

Actually, I believe BC just changed the name from "Legends of Straight Pool" to "Legends of Pocket Billiards" to make it a little more old school and more inclusive.

In fact, the event will be conducted on a table with old school green cloth : -)

Lou Figueroa
More names:
"Some of the Legends of Pocket Billiards"
"Our Approved Legends of Pocket Billiards "
"Friends of Legends of Pocket Billiards"
"My Favourite Legends of Pocket Billiards"
"The Legends of Pocket Billiards, and we don't mean John Schmidt"

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Gold Member
Silver Member
More names:
"Some of the Legends of Pocket Billiards"
"Our Approved Legends of Pocket Billiards "
"Friends of Legends of Pocket Billiards"
"My Favourite Legends of Pocket Billiards"
"The Legends of Pocket Billiards, and we don't mean John Schmidt"
Honestly dude WTF is the matter with you. You do not know any details of anything we are producing. We have never mentioned any names that would be playing or not playing and I think we might just keep it that way. You can continue on with your hunting and throwing around negativity and we will be moving right along and doing what we can to promote great pool and stay positive. Just make sure you dont even bother to tune in to any of our events and live streams as its people like you that always try to find an angle to interject nothing to assist in the future of our sport. Its ok though as when you do tune in as im sure you wont be able to resist and eventually post negative comments in the chat we will surely just ban you and we will move right along and produce alot of great live events and so on without your unnecessary BS. And BTW we will invite who we want, whenever we want and if the time is right maybe even Schmidt and these are decisions that will be made amongst us and not by negative aholes.

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Fair enough.

I believe at one point there was consideration of having a couple of tables but it was never going to a tournament thing with like eight tables. The final decision was one table.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Honestly dude WTF is the matter with you. You do not know any details of anything we are producing. We have never mentioned any names that would be playing or not playing and I think we might just keep it that way. You can continue on with your hunting and throwing around negativity and we will be moving right along and doing what we can to promote great pool and stay positive. Just make sure you dont even bother to tune in to any of our events and live streams as its people like you that always try to find an angle to interject nothing to assist in the future of our sport. Its ok though as when you do tune in as im sure you wont be able to resist and eventually post negative comments in the chat we will surely just ban you and we will move right along and produce alot of great live events and so on without your unnecessary BS. And BTW we will invite who we want, whenever we want and if the time is right maybe even Schmidt and these are decisions that will be made amongst us and not by negative aholes.

What he said.

Lou Figueroa

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
You are what the matter is. Already decisions are being made by in your words, "negative aholes".

But hey, maybe in the future the world record holder John Schmidt will be allowed to play in your sandbox........ Great that you are so generous.

Last edited:

gerryf

Bobby (wrldpro): "Without any doubt the list our committee has put together each and every player has far exceeded Schmidts billiard career."
Lou: "JS did what he did on his own terms and seems content with the outcome. I don't see why he gets a bite at someone else's golden apple."

The disrespect for one of the most prominent players doesn't help the game.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You are what the matter is. Already decisions are being made by in your words, "negative aholes".

But hey, maybe in the future the world record holder John Schmidt will be allowed to play in your sandbox........ Great that you are so generous.

JB Cases said:
It's no secret that I despise you and that I despise Lou.

Pretty funny coming from the most negative guy on the board.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I get it you all are handling lots of balls. Takes a while to deal with all those balls.......

Might happen, might not, leave room for might not..... Because you know, lots of balls to deal with.....

Didn't say it might not happen.

Anywhos, some very high level players have already expressed an interest in participating. It's going to happen and it's going to be fun.

Lou Figueroa

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
For what it's worth, comming from someone who is "nobody" in the world of pool, I don't know why anyone thinks these guys are somehow obligated to invite JS. As they said, JS did things his way (and as far as I know he didn't invite any other players to join his party) and these guys are now putting together an attempt event for their group.

I have pushed back and even ridiculed some of the unfounded accusations made about JS and his run but it's done purely in the interest of what I consider basic fairness. I have no connections to anyone involved. The same applies here. They can and should do whatever they want with their table, cameras and money whether it's one or a hundred invitees.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.