Is Schmidt's and charlie 626 Legit

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
Personally, I would not invite Mosconi.

And besides, any other player could do his thing again -- go for a high run by setting up his table and just go at it, no one is stopping that. JS did what he did on his own terms and seems content with the outcome. I don't see why he gets a bite at someone else's golden apple.

Did he invite other guys to go for a run at his venue? Did he leave the table set up and say, "Goferit."

Lou Figueroa
Lol you practically destroyed your keyboard with ejaculate when you described seeing mosconi in person and you want us to believe you wouldn't have invited him?

You're slipping pr man.

gerryf

Gerryf: "there was a feud between Bobby Chamberlain (wrldpro) and John Schmidt back in 2012."
JB Cases: "Both Lou and Danny also had disputes with John"
Z Nole: "If JS doesn't get a shot at your event it would appear to be sour grapes on the promoters part"
Lou: "JS did what he did on his own terms and seems content with the outcome. I don't see why he gets a bite at someone else's golden apple."
Bobby: "Without any doubt the list our committee has put together each and every player has far exceeded Schmidts billiard career."

So is that the committee that Bobby's referring to: Him, Lou, and Danny?

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is so intriguing, Lou. Will that compensation figure or structure be publicly known sometime before the event starts, as deemed appropriate?
In any case I'm sure it's a totally accurate statement and a great hook or tease. Pretty sensible.

Arnaldo

Yes, Arnaldo, the compensation structure will be publicly known before the first attempt is made.

I've seen the payout schedule and it is generous. Very generous.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok. And? Does it matter? Nope. I would have thought a high-class pr man like yourself wouldn't have time to spend even one word discussing whether I ran 98 30 years ago or not. Is this what you're reduced to after losing every point in your silly quest to denigrate John Schmidt's world record?

And now it appears you and your boss want to exclude John from your run-fest....... Guess that move will cause some work for the pr man.

It goes to the issue of credibility, which you were the first to raise, questioning whether I'd actually won a state title.

In return I offered photos, a trophy, and newspaper clippings. I also claim a 14.1 run of 112. You can find unedited video of that run on YouTube. You, OTOH, claim a 98 ball 14.1 run, and state titles, with zero evidence. But besides, anyone who has ever seen you play knows that a 98 for you is about as outlandish a claim as a pool player could ever make. Never happened. I'd guess you might have had something in the 40s and even that was probably a fluke, lol.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lolol....... Now John's not good enough for you?

Your "committee" is foolish to not invite and honor the current world record holder.

There is zero logic to it and I can only guess that your itty bitty committee has about three members, Danny, Bobby and Louie.

There are five committee members.

DH, while a fine player, is not affiliated in any way with this endeavor.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Of course it won't. His boss talks a big game but they know full well they aren't really looking to pay out.

That's why, imo, bobby is chirping about trying to establish 768 as the high run so that he hopes John's record is beat but not 768 so no payday.

Just going to be another gimmick mind-screw is my thought here.

I believe BC's pursuit of possibly enshrining Babe Cranfield's run has nothing to do with WM or JS.

It is about historical accuracy and honoring a record that may have been rightfully earned but wrongfully left to the dustbin of pool history.

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Almost right....... Both Lou and Danny also had disputes with John. What are the odds that these three want John to have any shot at their high run show and taking Bobby's cash?

That would be the trifecta of karmic justice and they can't chance it.

Notice the PR man going into full spin mode......

DH is not affiliated with this project.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lol you practically destroyed your keyboard with ejaculate when you described seeing mosconi in person and you want us to believe you wouldn't have invited him?

You're slipping pr man.

I wouldn't invite him because he set the record.

So I would let other players have a go at it. And then, perhaps, if Mosconi's record was exceeded, I might offer Willie a shot to surpass it.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gerryf: "there was a feud between Bobby Chamberlain (wrldpro) and John Schmidt back in 2012."
Z Nole: "If JS doesn't get a shot at your event it would appear to be sour grapes on the promoters part"
Lou: "JS did what he did on his own terms and seems content with the outcome. I don't see why he gets a bite at someone else's golden apple."
Bobby: "Without any doubt the list our committee has put together each and every player has far exceeded Schmidts billiard career."

There is a committee of five.

DH is not affiliated in any way.

Lou Figueroa

logical

apart of their 'semi public'
Silver Member
So when is this happening, the tables were going to be ready by end of February.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
John Schmidt just played Danny Harriman ...

They only had words once, and that was briefly. You can tell there is no love lost here, but they both respect each other's ability. Danny had a high run of 56 and beat John 100-31. After the match, John shook Danny's hand and said, "Win one for the home team." (meaning USA). I thought that was classy of him.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
I wouldn't invite him because he set the record.

So I would let other players have a go at it. And then, perhaps, if Mosconi's record was exceeded, I might offer Willie a shot to surpass it.

Lou Figueroa
lol, I admire your ability to spin like a dervish and stay standing. As a PR man you're a real pro.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Gold Member
Silver Member

Probably not Danny, that level of instability is probably too much for them. I was just joking about the makeup of the alleged committee. Whomever it is though leaving John Schmidt, the current world record holder, uninvited makes it fully clear what this is all about in my opinion.

If you notice how they get their little "digs" in it's actually pathetic to see. They denigrate John and his world record at every chance.

One thing is certain though. NO ONE on their "list" has "far exceeded John Schmidt's billiard career" because not a single player they have chosen has ran more balls than John has.

Here is what I think will happen.

I think Bobby will set up a space with cameras to record the attempts. Players will be invited to try to break John's record and whatever other alleged high run numbers are rumored to have occured. Players will not be compensated for being there and the prize money will only be paid out for breaking the records. So in my opinion other than the expense of setting up the space and making sure that the recording capabilities and internet bandwidth is sufficient the risk of having to actually payout much is quite small.

Happy to be proven wrong but as I am familiar with at least two of the people involved I am going to go ahead and call this a BS project. And I make a further prediction that Bobby abandons it and says it's because of people like me who criticized him and therefore I caused this money making "opportunity" for the pros to be extinguished.

I will gladly eat crow and say I was wrong if it turns out differently. I hope it does and I hope they don't snub John because that will indeed be a shitty move.

justnum

Principal Investigator of Magic Trick Shots
Silver Member
CD546845-C0B7-4C47-850D-A260BC062E65.png

Get ready I am starting to gun for the highest 14.1 runout.

You are all witness to the data.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So when is this happening, the tables were going to be ready by end of February.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Things change.

Somethings are going slower, others faster. There's no rush, so please standby.

Lou Figueroa

Last edited: