Isoplast Ferrules

bruppert

<Insert witty comment>
Silver Member
Isoplast Low Deflection Ferrule blanks for sale.

Color: Cream color. Darker than Aegis, lighter than Juma.

Size: Approx. 1.100" long and .625 Diameter, none should be shorter than 1.070.

Machining: Cuts very easily. It cuts a continuous chip so I would suggest a sharp HSS bit and cutting left to right. If you trim it to size in one pass be careful of getting your fingers caught in the chip, its pretty strong stuff.

This is a softer ferrule material but don't make the mistake of thinking its weak. This is a tough material. Holds its size very well, High Impact Resistance, takes a polish and glues with either CA or Epoxy.

10 for $25 shipped to the CONUS. Outside areas pay for shipping

Isoplast_3a.jpg

Last edited:

Realizm

I love cocobolo cues.
Silver Member
Isoplast Ferrule blanks for sale.

Machining: Cuts very easily. It cuts a continuous chip so I would suggest a sharp HSS bit and cutting left to right. If you trim it to size in one pass be careful of getting your fingers caught in the chip, its pretty strong stuff.

This is a softer ferrule material but don't make the mistake of thinking its weak. This is a tough material. Holds its size very well, High Impact Resistance, takes a polish and glues with either CA or Epoxy.

View attachment 661395
Hello I would like some inbox me your payment info

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Isoplast Ferrule blanks for sale.

View attachment 661395

I'll take 10, please let me know how to pay

bruppert

<Insert witty comment>
Silver Member
send payment info , i want 10 . or invoice paypal jbaxte@earthlink.net
Sure. I had to log into PayPal anyway so I sent an Invoice.

FYI, I really like your Joint protectors. One of my faves is the pair with Mercury Dimes set into them. One of these days I'll make me a set. And no, I wouldn't be so rude as to sell them.

Jim Baxter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sure. I had to log into PayPal anyway so I sent an Invoice.

FYI, I really like your Joint protectors. One of my faves is the pair with Mercury Dimes set into them. One of these days I'll make me a set. And no, I wouldn't be so rude as to sell them.
Thank You . Lots of cuemakers dont like doing j/ps , I have 2 lathes dedicated to just j/ps .

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Probably but Bruppert did the work and the price is fair so I'll just get it from him.
The question wasn't about what Bruppert sells, he buys the rods and cuts them up, and packages, and ships, and hopefully makes a little profit for that.

The question I responded to was in reference to buying in rod form. Bruppert likely has no interest in selling it that way as he never advertises it that way so a simple google search will answer that question without hindering Bruppert or his process.

bruppert

<Insert witty comment>
Silver Member
The question wasn't about what Bruppert sells, he buys the rods and cuts them up, and packages, and ships, and hopefully makes a little profit for that.

The question I responded to was in reference to buying in rod form. Bruppert likely has no interest in selling it that way as he never advertises it that way so a simple google search will answer that question without hindering Bruppert or his process.
I can and have shipped rods and did today in fact but cut to shorter lengths. I just don't advertise it.

The issue I have is with shipping. I don't truck in 12 foot rods. I get 30" rods from an ol' machinist friend whenever he places an order. So I have to find a box at least 30" long and even though the material is very light you're still looking at $20 or so. When I cut them in ferrule lengths I can ship them in those small mailers and put them in the mailbox instead of driving 20 minutes to the PO. I don't really make much off this so I just like to keep it simple.

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can and have shipped rods and did today in fact but cut to shorter lengths. I just don't advertise it.

The issue I have is with shipping. I don't truck in 12 foot rods. I get 30" rods from an ol' machinist friend whenever he places an order. So I have to find a box at least 30" long and even though the material is very light you're still looking at $20 or so. When I cut them in ferrule lengths I can ship them in those small mailers and put them in the mailbox instead of driving 20 minutes to the PO. I don't really make much off this so I just like to keep it simple.
Well that was kinda my point, I can see a bit of profit if you actually work the rods down to a smaller product which justifies your labor and handling time that is a good thing. I didn't figure there to be much point for you to just chop them in half and ship them since there really isn't much to charge for other than whatever markup you can get. It's seems to me you would be chopping your own feet off doing that, but I'm sure you have figured out by now what is worth while and what is not.

BTW, have you considered just wrapping the rods up in a heavy shipping paper or maybe even bubble wrap and shipping like that? Certainly wouldn't damage the product,,,,, but is it allowed by any shippers?