Ivory ivory CUES ivory ivory FS

Treyf123

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I have two cues up for sale today both have a great deal of IVORY in them. One is a Josswest with the sideways W. One is a Brand new PFD Studios from Paul Drexler.

This PFD Studios is a Gorgeous 6 Pointer. This cue Has 6 points in the forearm and the butt sleeve. All White in this Cue is IVORY. Includes Ringwork, points, spears, joint, butt cap, and ferrules. This Cues forearm and Butt sleeve are Purpleheart.. The Wrap is Leather. Cue Has two unchalked shafts.
Specs:
Shaft 1 Weighs 3.935 OZ My calipers are on the fritz I wil get those to you ASAP
Shaft 2 weighs 3.460 OZ
Butt Weighs 15.465OZ

This Josswest Cue is Absolutely AMAZING. The Grain in the ivory is just stunning. You can hold this cue at arms length away and still see how defined the grain is. All white in this cue is Ivory EXCEPT for the butt plate. This Sideways W Josswest has 4 Ivory Points With four Veneers. The Veneer colors are as followed (From inside out) Black, Red, Red, Black. The Butt sleeve has 8 Ivory Diamonds. The Wood in this cue is A stained Birdseye maple. The Cue Is used but barely. There is no Blueing on the shaft AT ALL. NO dents, Dings, Or scratches on the cue.

Specs
Shaft 1 3.905 My calipers are on the fritz I wil get those to you ASAP
Shaft 2 4.125
Butt 16.960
PICS:

If you Have any Questions feel free to Pm me Here on AZ
Call me or Text me at 540-239-4289
Or email me at Treyfrank29@gmail.com

Last edited:

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
The logo on your Joss West cue.....is that original? It doesn't resemble any of Bill's Joss West, or Josswest, logos I've ever seen.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Ryan...thanks but in my opinion the two are not similar at all other than the same letters are used. The logo you referred to is what Bill used from his golden period ('72-80) when he operated as Joss West. and the logo was imprinted in the butt sleeve. The logo on the cue for sale looks like it's scratched in and does not look like anything I've ever seen on one of Bill Stroud's cues. Even the initals J & W are different from what Bill put on his cues. I'm not trying to kick dirt up but that logo just looks fugazzi to me but the seller obviously would know if the logo was original to the cue.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
My only point was, and still is, I've never seen any cue by Bill Stroud under his Joss West name or subsequent Josswest name, with a logo that resembled anything like that. It would be like getting a TS cue that had the "T" and the "S" separated with a dash (-) instead of intertwined. The initials would be the same but would not resemble any logo Tim ever used.

CoachDitka2001 nailed the documentation for the cue's authenticity with his post /link and it's the exact same logo. Back in 1976, Bill was making cues in Tulsa, OK and the logo on this cue doesn't coincide with the logo Bill customarily used in the early period of his cue-making. However, after reading the article on the link in Coach's post, I confident the cue is authentic and probably much rarer than I ever imagined the cue to be. The logo is admittedly different but nonetheless authentic based upon the link (http://cuezilla.com/cue-45-joss-west-1976/).

Treyf123

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Bump

The JW in question was actually bought from one of the guys on that site. I bought the cue form DIck Abbott bought 4 months ago so there is no doubt in my mind of the authenticity of this Cue. Thanks, Trey

Treyf123

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
The JW in question was actually bought from one of the guys on that site. I bought the cue from DIck Abbott bought 4 months ago so there is no doubt in my mind of the authenticity of this Cue. Thanks, Trey

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

CSykes24

www.coreysykes.com
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

As a person that knows both Trey and Dick, I can't question the authenticity of the cue either.

With that being said, they're both gorgeous pieces of work and I think anyone that buys these will have a great piece of history in their hands for a long time to come.

jurich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
for what it is worth i can tell you it is a josswest as i watched bill do some of the work on it it was made for a friend that owned the pool room in tulsa where we played at