J/b cues whats best????

bigjr

Registered
hey guys in your opinion is it better to use an all in one j/b cue or a cue for breaking and a short cue for jumping what do most of you use?? thanks

Tickets

Little Aussie Battler
Silver Member
Alex brick's jump break is great for short jumps , full length cue jumps and busting the rack open on the break.

I bought one after reading a lot of good things on here.

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
I too prefer different cues for jumping and breaking. However, I picked up a poison VS2 for breaking and love it. I have broken it down to jump a few times when I was too lazy to get jumpy out and was impressed with how well it did.

TheHulk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You can't go wrong with Alex Brick J/B, he is here in AZ, pm him if your interested. "Brickcues"

SCCues

< Searing Twins
Silver Member
I have a custom J/B cue and it was OK, but it didn't break as well as for ex. a Predator BK2 and it didn't jump that well either. It had a brown phenolic ferrule tip combo on the shaft and I wasn't happy with it and I was trying to find another option. I kept reading about Samsara J/B tips and I bought one and put it on my J/B cue and it turned a mediocre cue into a good breaker that also jumps well now with the Samsara tip. Whatever you decide on don't forget the Samsara tip option.

MartinBullet

Registered
Personally I prefer having a separate jumper and break cue, I used to use a Poison VX2.9 but it wasn't brilliant.
I now use an OB break cue (which has a Samsaratip on it), and for jumps I have a Poison VX jump, both are really good cues and have a solid hit.
I am tempted with the new Predator Air 2 though!

BigNBeefY

Just Stopping By
Silver Member
Steve Lomax!...hands down... but yes alex brick does make a mean diamondwood j/b

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I prefer to kick as I don't jump well at all. I use the jump cue only if its a pretty simple jump or if I can't kick. I have had many jump cues and for me the one that stood out well above the others was my Lomax.

prewarhero

guess my avatar
Silver Member
I also really dig my Alex Brick jump break. I have tried a dozen and so far it's the best I've tried.

ScottK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's really not opinion, at least 99% not opinion. There is little doubt that a dedicated tool for each job is better. With that said, there are many excellent jump break cues. And if you have one you may never find dedicated cues you feel perform better than your combo cue. Maybe a J/B works just fine for you.

I'll give another shout out for Alex Brick. Performance to price, its like he's giving his J/B cues away compared to anything else.

The Players HXTP J/B is solid as well and only $200. It's cheaper than the Brick, but not quite as strong for either purpose.

Andy Gilbert makes a hell of a J/B cue at around $450 that plays well too, and Steve Lomax J/Bs are always well reviewed.

The fact is, jumping and breaking are far more about technique than having the absolute best jump and/or break cue. I use a J/B as opposed to dedicated cues because I've grown tired of carrying so much shit with me to play pool. In fact, I'm so lazy now, I'm using the Players J/B as the only butt I carry and I swap between a J/B shaft and a playing shaft.