J.Flower cue cases by JiaSen

The rest of the world should honor that because?!?!?!?!?.... the Chinese don't rip off anything ever..right?

Good luck with that.

JV

So your concept is that it's ok to rip off Jiasen because "the Chinese" rip people off?

That's an interesting way to look at it. Hold individuals accountable for something that their country is known for.

So any time a Chinese person shows up on this site you can immediately berate and criticize them for whatever their government does and whatever their fellow countrymen do that you don't like.

That should provide for some interesting flame wars.
 
So your concept is that it's ok to rip off Jiasen because "the Chinese" rip people off?

That's an interesting way to look at it. Hold individuals accountable for something that their country is known for.

So any time a Chinese person shows up on this site you can immediately berate and criticize them for whatever their government does and whatever their fellow countrymen do that you don't like.

That should provide for some interesting flame wars.

If it was only that simple. But since they have already shown they do it themselves that is kind of moot.

JV
 
One last thing. If you don't like or appreciate the fact that I generalized. Guess what, I don't give a flying rats anus what you feel or think. If you haven't figured that out by now, there is nothing I care to talk to you about, not do I care what opinion you hold in that matter.

JV

So your concept is that it's ok to rip off Jiasen because "the Chinese" rip people off?

That's an interesting way to look at it. Hold individuals accountable for something that their country is known for.

So any time a Chinese person shows up on this site you can immediately berate and criticize them for whatever their government does and whatever their fellow countrymen do that you don't like.

That should provide for some interesting flame wars.
 
If it was only that simple. But since they have already shown they do it themselves that is kind of moot.

JV

Well, you can denigrate and condemn or you can welcome them and help them to understand why they shouldn't knock off others.

This is the point I tried to make with you many times over the past few years. You can point fingers and say "bad China man, you terrible copier" or you can talk to to them and say let's see how we can work together to have you do original work.

And that's exactly what I did with Jiasen and they responded with original work.

A lot of original work. Maybe more than any other case maker that has ever existed.

And they have done some derivative work as in the Cyrex inspired pieces, in some Whitten inspired models and others.

But the question is do you burn them at the stake or do you try to educate them and bring them into the brotherhood of makers?

To me this is fundamental question? Are they evil and beyond redemption and not worth anything but derision or are they simply people who haven't ever had the chance to interact with the larger market and who deserve compassion and help to become good and considerate members of the maker fraternity?

I choose the latter. What do you choose?
 
One last thing. If you don't like or appreciate the fact that I generalized. Guess what, I don't give a flying rats anus what you feel or think. If you haven't figured that out by now, there is nothing I care to talk to you about, not do I care what opinion you hold in that matter.

JV

Well when you make a statement I will comment on it. Whether you choose to answer is up to you. Attacking members has never stopped you before so it shouldn't stop you now. This thread was for Jiasen to show off their goods but since you have a rabid anti-China stance you freely take license to attack them on that basis. I guess since they are Chinese and you might think that they deserve it then it's ok.

So your feelings about my opinions don't matter to me. I write not for you or to you Joe, I write to the larger audience that may or may not share your hatred and fear of Chinese people.
 
hahahahaha so hypocritical.. Enough with the act of having principles..It's ridiculous!!!

It's not like that Dale. The J.Flowers brand is a trademark. The statement was factual. Please don't jump on the bandwagon here and attack someone when you don't know or understand the whole story.

This company has tried hard to make a lot of original work and done a lot to elevate case making design across the board. They have hundreds of original designs that haven't made it to market yet.
 
One last thing. If you don't like or appreciate the fact that I generalized. Guess what, I don't give a flying rats anus what you feel or think. If you haven't figured that out by now, there is nothing I care to talk to you about, not do I care what opinion you hold in that matter.

JV

How about what I think?

Last time I checked, there are rules in place that cover this.

If you want to attack members and by extension myself and Mike, we can accommodate this easily.
 
It's not like that Dale. The J.Flowers brand is a trademark. The statement was factual. Please don't jump on the bandwagon here and attack someone when you don't know or understand the whole story.

This company has tried hard to make a lot of original work and done a lot to elevate case making design across the board. They have hundreds of original designs that haven't made it to market yet.

John I get protecting a trademark if that is the case, and I don't doubt this company has the talent to do brilliant, and original work, but the same person crying fowl is the same person who knocked off Cyrex's cases without even getting his blessing (from what I've been told)..Now it's not like this case maker decided to make 2 cases in his own flavor..The 2 cases are very very very similar to Cyrex's work, and doing so was in poor taste imo, and I find it ironic, and hilarious this one wants to point fingers so quickly..
 
wonder what jbcases is going to say...wow, or ??????????

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg
 
There was no attack, just a question. You just didn't like the way it was phrased and you now know where I hold your opinion. The fact is he/she/they made a statement like they had some right that everyone should respect when in fact they chose to not do the same. Sorry, but if I have to educate someone for something as basic as this, then they need a new line of work.

Nothing to hate or fear, just like Kenny, we just need to "educate" everyone on who we are talking about and their past business practices. Someone makes a statement like "respect" our logo, they have better had done the same.

This is simply a case of someone in a glass house throwing rocks.

JV

Well when you make a statement I will comment on it. Whether you choose to answer is up to you. Attacking members has never stopped you before so it shouldn't stop you now. This thread was for Jiasen to show off their goods but since you have a rabid anti-China stance you freely take license to attack them on that basis. I guess since they are Chinese and you might think that they deserve it then it's ok.

So your feelings about my opinions don't matter to me. I write not for you or to you Joe, I write to the larger audience that may or may not share your hatred and fear of Chinese people.
 
There was no attack, just a question. You just didn't like the way it was phrased and you now know where I hold your opinion. The fact is he/she/they made a statement like they had some right that everyone should respect when in fact they chose to not do the same. Sorry, but if I have to educate someone for something as basic as this, then they need a new line of work.

Nothing to hate or fear, just like Kenny, we just need to "educate" everyone on who we are talking about and their past business practices. Someone makes a statement like "respect" our logo, they have better had done the same.

This is simply a case of someone in a glass house throwing rocks.

JV

They only made a statement of fact. The J.Flowers logo is trademarked. No comment otherwise. You used it as a launching pad.

As for Kenny and Rex and the cases that were done that was settled in September but if Kenny feels the need to bring it up then he can and did. As I said many times this is a different culture and these people have different life experiences. If you want them to think like you then the way to make that happen isn't by crucifying them first.

If you had been born in China and grown up here you would have the same attitude and experience and probably have done a lot of the same things to make a living. Had the owner of Jiasen grown up in your house in New Jersey then he might very well hate "the Chinese" as you seem to do.

You love to pass judgement but unlike a real judge you never stop to consider the circumstances. Your worldview is very narrow unfortunately.
 
John I get protecting a trademark if that is the case, and I don't doubt this company has the talent to do brilliant, and original work, but the same person crying fowl is the same person who knocked off Cyrex's cases without even getting his blessing (from what I've been told)..Now it's not like this case maker decided to make 2 cases in his own flavor..The 2 cases are very very very similar to Cyrex's work, and doing so was in poor taste imo, and I find it ironic, and hilarious this one wants to point fingers so quickly..

He wasn't pointing fingers. This "person" is just a spokesperson who is probably unaware of the all the conversation that goes on in this forum. Roger wasn't even asking about the trademark only showing a nice picture of the custom hardware on the case.

Jiasen's spokesperson only made a factual statement about the trademark in response.

As for Cyrex's cases that was all explained before. Jiasen has a workshop with many designers and toolers. The owner does not see where all the influences come from. Someone saw Rex's work and decided to do their own versions and the owner was not told that they were copying Rex's work.

It's not any different if I ask my guys to design something and they run out to the net and find a design and plaster it on the case. The biggest difference is that I ASK my staff where the designs came from and I am of course pretty up-to-date on what the other case makers are doing. In this situation, Mr. Wang, the owner of the factory, did NOT know that these two cases were derivatives of Rex's work.

The MOMENT that I first saw them I called him to complain and he was completely surprised to hear that these two cases were derivatives of anyone else's work.

On AZB we live in a bubble in that we are always the most informed, the most knoweldgeable, the most up to date on who is doing what and we just assume that the rest of the world MUST know about all this great art that is shown here. But the fact of it that most of the billiard world isn't on AZB every day and they are not aware of all the stuff here.

I traveled at my own expense to Shanghai last year to formally complain in person to Mr. Wang, the owner of Jiasen, about the Cyrex derivatives.

When there I got him to promise to never make any more again AND to be very diligent about future case designs to insure that they are not knocking off major or minor works. All this was explained back in September in public and to Rex in private.

Ok great, now someone is here representing Jiasen and if you want to complain directly then do so. But seriously the petty kicking in the nuts over it is completely uncalled for.

Try talking to them as people and see what comes of it.
 
nice gtf cases there....wow!

Well, this is what happens when you let the genie out of the bottle. :-)

I can't ask Jiasen to not explore a style of cases when I teach them how to build them. At some point everyone grows up and leaves the nest.

Those aren't GTF cases though. As you well know just because something looks like something else doesn't mean that it IS the same as something else.
 
just because something looks like something else doesn't mean that it IS the same as something else.

You learned that one from Bill Clinton when he was being questioned about the Monica Lewinsky affair;

"It depends upon what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the—if he—if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not—that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement".
 
You learned that one from Bill Clinton when he was being questioned about the Monica Lewinsky affair;

"It depends upon what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the—if he—if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not—that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement".

I did not have sex with that woman. She was simply polishing the presidential appendage. If you, sir, cannot understand the difference then, you sir have never had sex. :-)
 
I did not have sex with that woman. She was simply polishing the presidential appendage. If you, sir, cannot understand the difference then, you sir have never had sex. :-)

I can see a presidential appendage theme JB case in the future.
Call it something original like "The Lewinsky"
At least you won't have to worry about that baby getting knocked-off.
 
Back
Top