J.Flower cue cases by JiaSen

nice gtf cases there....wow!

Here are some more to your liking
18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg
 
Like you said, it is obviously cultural. So when a generalizing statement is made, it is in most instances, correct. Since "cultural" infers to many, and a complete people, and YOU are saying it is cultural, then my general sweeping accusation must be correct, using your teminology. So it is you, that are using my facts to try and paint me as a Chinese hater, are incorrect, when in fact you know all I have said to be correct, since it is cultural as you say.

Stating facts is not passing judgement, BTW. But if I was, it would be accurate none the less. These people totally ripped those cases off and I would bet a million that its not the first time. In fact, I still don't believe they did it totally on their own, and I am not alone in that belief.

JV

They only made a statement of fact. The J.Flowers logo is trademarked. No comment otherwise. You used it as a launching pad.

As for Kenny and Rex and the cases that were done that was settled in September but if Kenny feels the need to bring it up then he can and did. As I said many times this is a different culture and these people have different life experiences. If you want them to think like you then the way to make that happen isn't by crucifying them first.

If you had been born in China and grown up here you would have the same attitude and experience and probably have done a lot of the same things to make a living. Had the owner of Jiasen grown up in your house in New Jersey then he might very well hate "the Chinese" as you seem to do.

You love to pass judgement but unlike a real judge you never stop to consider the circumstances. Your worldview is very narrow unfortunately.
 
Like you said, it is obviously cultural. So when a generalizing statement is made, it is in most instances, correct. Since "cultural" infers to many, and a complete people, and YOU are saying it is cultural, then my general sweeping accusation must be correct, using your teminology. So it is you, that are using my facts to try and paint me as a Chinese hater, are incorrect, when in fact you know all I have said to be correct, since it is cultural as you say.

Stating facts is not passing judgement, BTW. But if I was, it would be accurate none the less. These people totally ripped those cases off and I would bet a million that its not the first time. In fact, I still don't believe they did it totally on their own, and I am not alone in that belief.

JV

Are we conversing now? You are a Chinese hater. But regardless you have attacked a member of the forum over something that isn't even your business. It wasn't you that was affected. You don't attack other members of the forum who sell Whitten knockoffs. You don't attack people who sell knockoffs of cue designs. Yet you attack this member who just happens to be from China.

I mean you're not the copy police because you allow dozens of other members to sell their knockoffs without molesting them in any way whatsoever. So to me you are being incredibly selective here and really reaching for a reason to attack this case maker from China.

Yes they copied other cases. So what? They also make hundreds of original designs. And as for having help yeah they had help, help from distributors who brought them cases to copy, help from me teaching them about the world of cases and help from me teaching them about quality. I am probably responsible for them seeing Rex's cases in the first place. I held up Rex's work as the pinnacle of creativity so they probably took that as a challenge.

Now I know that your REAL meaning of help is that you think I directed the knockoffs of Rex's cases to be made. I am fairly positive that you not only believe it but you even went so far as to present it as fact to other people. You can believe what you want. The truth has never stood in your way before so there is no reason for me to think it would make you pause for a moment from spreading innuendo now.

Lastly, again, if you want any person to change then you need to talk to them and not berate them. When I said the culture is different here I didn't say that it means all Chinese people are thieves Joe. It means that they don't have the same outlook on the world as you do. They have different ways of looking at life and different superstitions, different beliefs, different experiences, different education, and different needs. I didn't say that they are morally deficient.

So when someone from China shows up here you can either kick them in the nuts and call them a thief or you can get to know them and express your point of view and try to get them to understand why knocking others off is not cool and not good business if they want to be part of the larger market.
 
Last edited:
I think u guys should get a room...

Hence the phrase "picture's worth a thousand words"...so they say!

Here's a few image for those who are still into the envelop style and traditional box cases, with a minor detail profile photo of the hand-stitched accessory pocket, and hand-tooled shoulder strap pad.

39.jpg

35.jpg

33.jpg

2.jpg
 
Think I've duplicated this page one too many....
 

Attachments

  • 39.jpg
    39.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 835
  • 35.jpg
    35.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 1,045
  • 33.jpg
    33.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 830
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 574
Last edited:
Can you make a CMD tribute case from what JB cases built?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Can you make a CMD tribute case from what JB cases built?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of course they can. I taught them a lot about case making and beyond that the owner is an engineer so he can figure out how to do anything I have done.
 
attachment.php


This is very interesting take on our Mason model cases. I like what you have done with it. Got a little indian pouch meets western belt theme going on.
 


OMG, this from YOU. That's funny. Pathetic and psychotic... but also funny.

TW

Oh hello there Thomas. I see that you're still around and as interesting as ever.

Yes Tom, I have had a few spats of my own. But I don't take things out of context as you have done here. Of course now this thread will become the Thomas Wayne soapbox. But that's fine. I deserve it for ever challenging you on any level. I know that I am firmly in the "Thomas Wayne despises me" category with you so I expect this behavior from you.

It's ok though, I can always think back to a fonder time when you had this to say about me and wish that I were in your good graces again.

"On occasion a thread gets started regarding the "top" list of
cuemakers and who they might be. For the most part I've stayed out of
those discussions, but when I have weighed in, I've pretty much stuck
to my fundamental belief – that when you reach the upper level of the
upper level of the top floor in ANY pursuit, the "A" list is usually
just too close to rank. That's why I don't believe there is, or ever
can be a clearly defined 'best' cuemaker.

That being said, John Collins and I have known each other for many
years, and there are lots of little personal and business issues that
we (frankly) don't agree on, sometimes passionately. But I have
watched his products evolve and grow both in style and quality over
the years, and I have to say that there really is none better. Now
that is not to say that John's products are specifically "the best",
but rather that they are so good as to be in that ranking that defies
further ranking.

In my never-humble opinion, one mark of success in your field is when
you are copied and imitated by the 'knock-off artists'. This is a
sure indication that you have developed a product that stands out. In
the field of cue cases, I've noticed a small group of makers who have
been mercilessly ripped off over the years. That short list is:

Fellini (now defunct)
Joe Porper
Jack Justis
Dan Whitten
Instroke (John Collins)

Interestingly enough, each of these makers seems (to me) to have a
particular area of excellence that makes their product worthy of
owning – and desirable for the product thieves to copy. Skipping the
long-gone Fellini, those qualities are:

Joe Porper – Joe invented the closed-cell foam cored case and has
consistently produced one of the finest, most durable and protective
(not to mention affordable) cases ever made. I have watched him
continually devise new and improved versions of his original classic
design, and his latest all-leather 2×4, with its patented top closure
is, IMO, world class stuff.

Jack Justis – one of the nicest guys you'd ever want to meet, Jack has
consistantly built some of the most beautiful and downright pretty cue
cases I've ever seen. His devotion to quality materials, meticulous
attention to detail and masterful leather work remain unmatched in
this arena.

Dan Whitten – Like his peers, Dan's devotion to quality materials and
clean workmanship results in a product that impressively stands out in
any crowd. Pretty much every casemaker offers various accessory
pouches, handles, shoulder straps and other doodads, and Dan is no
exception to that practice. But his benchmark product, for my taste
at least, is his classic 1×2, no handles, pouches or other
whatchamacallits. Sleek and streamlined, easy to grab in one hand,
this basic frontrunner just oozes simple ellegance. Even decked out
in a Nicole Miller tux and Italian shoes, carrying my black leather
Whitten makes me feel just a bit underdressed.

John Collins – John's stuff is okay too.

Alright already, just a little poke in the ribs there.
Actually, the Instroke cases, from John Collins, are some of the most
original and innovative creations I've ever seen. His very original
eye for design and practicality have led the field, and thus spawned
more than his share of imitators. I am proud to have a few of his
cases – as well as every maker mentioned here – and I know first hand
they are as good as it gets.

'Nuff said.

Now, John, if I could just get you to pull yor head out of your ass
long enough to see everything ELSE my way, we'd get along great…"

Thomas Wayne
 
Oh hello there Thomas. I see that you're still around and as interesting as ever.

Yes Tom, I have had a few spats of my own. But I don't take things out of context as you have done here. [...]

Oh give us a break Barton/Kaplan/Collins/Whatever. You're the absolute poster child of turning a discussion/debate into personal attacks at the drop of a hat. The entire reason I rarely post here is because they just can't seem to get rid of you (and your many false identities).

The only thing I can't figure out is whose cock you're sucking so that they keep letting you back in.

TW
 
Tom I think that honor of being exceptionally highly volatile is solely yours. For example you have no business in this thread except that you are using it as venue to attack me. I am fully at peace with your behavior, genius comes with erratic tendencies sometimes. You may want to review the rules though and play nice because although you are the world's greatest living cue maker in my opinion you still need to follow the rules of etiquette to play here. I believe that your shouting and cursing are welcome elsewhere though.
 


Oh give us a break Barton/Kaplan/Collins/Whatever. You're the absolute poster child of turning a discussion/debate into personal attacks at the drop of a hat. The entire reason I rarely post here is because they just can't seem to get rid of you (and your many false identities).

The only thing I can't figure out is whose cock you're sucking so that they keep letting you back in.

TW

Wow this coming from a Hall of Fame cue maker? Speechless..
I imagine you're not getting any of that for you to be be this rational..I mostly admired your wit and how you write in the past but this??
I suppose all this is just reverse psychology trying to bait John to disclose his source to you huh? :wink:
 
Back
Top