J. Flowers Tribute Cases

Hans@Work

Banned
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd actually like to complain. There are TOO many choices, and I am UNABLE to decide! What leather? What color? ARRGGHH! My head hurts trying to decide! I want a 2x4 (have a cheaper vinyl one now, but really want a nice leather one!) Should I go with brown? Black? Red? (My favorite color IS red...) Smooth or not? Snakeskin? One single color, or a combination/inlay? :frown: Tooling or no?

I think I like the tube interior, but the plush is nice too. Damn, another decision to make! :mad: Not sure which would be the "better" choice. The "made for" stamp - an no addl. cost - is great. :)

IMO, $275 for a 2x4 JB Case is a great deal. I think I might sit down and figure out what I want in the next few days, and order one!
 

RFisher

FISHER CUES
Silver Member
Rating - 99.1%
107   1   0
Gave my brother his tonight, should have seen his face. At first he thought I was giving him mine, so he wasn't 100% thrilled, happy but not thrilled, he wasn't even going to pull it out, I insisted he pull it out, he started and saw the name REUBEN on the lid, Then his eyes lit up, the smiling came, and you can imagine the rest, his wife was PISSED, when he said this is the nicest present he's ever got.

It's case # 31 if you want to take a look, the brown looks different in person.

A++++ job John,

can't wait to order another.
 

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
165   0   0
RFisher said:
Gave my brother his tonight, should have seen his face. At first he thought I was giving him mine, so he wasn't 100% thrilled, happy but not thrilled, he wasn't even going to pull it out, I insisted he pull it out, he started and saw the name REUBEN on the lid, Then his eyes lit up, the smiling came, and you can imagine the rest, his wife was PISSED, when he said this is the nicest present he's ever got.

It's case # 31 if you want to take a look, the brown looks different in person.

A++++ job John,

can't wait to order another.


I love stories like this.

Once, when I had the Instroke booth in Vegas a couple came to booth several times and the husband had asked the wife which cases she liked best. Her eyes always went to a white and pink one we had displayed abut 10 ft up on the wall. At some point he came and bought the case and brought us a card to put in it. He told us to leave the case on the wall in the same spot.

He then brought her over and again asked her which one she liked and she said the white one but that he should just put it out of his head because she didn't need a $400 case.

He asked us to get it down so she could really look at. She protested and we got it down anyway. He said look it over carefully and make sure it's all good - check the pockets, make sure they are big enough......

Well she did and when she found the card she burst into tears. I think we were all crying in the booth along with her because it was so sweet.

Someday I will find the picture we took. I know I still have it somewhere.

I hope that Reuben gets many many years of great service from this case and enjoys it each day he has it.

I actually had a nightmare last week that I spelled his name wrong. :)


 

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
165   0   0
Hans@Work said:
I'd actually like to complain. There are TOO many choices, and I am UNABLE to decide! What leather? What color? ARRGGHH! My head hurts trying to decide! I want a 2x4 (have a cheaper vinyl one now, but really want a nice leather one!) Should I go with brown? Black? Red? (My favorite color IS red...) Smooth or not? Snakeskin? One single color, or a combination/inlay? :frown: Tooling or no?

I think I like the tube interior, but the plush is nice too. Damn, another decision to make! :mad: Not sure which would be the "better" choice. The "made for" stamp - an no addl. cost - is great. :)

IMO, $275 for a 2x4 JB Case is a great deal. I think I might sit down and figure out what I want in the next few days, and order one!

LOL - let me help you out.

These cases are pretty much limited to the choices in post #1. I want to stress that these are not JB Cases. These are pattern cases where the choices are pretty much limited to the decorative aspects on the case. What I mean is that the pattern is pretty much set so that the construction, tooling, and coloring of the case goes according to a set process. It's like having your choice of Mercedes where you can choose the seat color, the car's color and so on but not the model.

A JB Case on the other hand is a blank sheet of paper until we imagine something together. JB Cases start at $400 and go as far as your imagination, budget and our skill can take us.

The J.Flowers is meant to be a "custom" production case. Right now it's well intertwined with JB Cases because I am using the JB Case color chart and the JB Case website to host the information. Later there will be a separate website that celebrates Jay Flowers and the legacy of cases in this style that he popularized.

I hope to also someday have a website where you can build a case virtually - where you can see the choices and click on them and see how they look.

In 2001 I bought a laptop bag from Timbuk2. The reason I bought it is because I spent about two hours at their website playing with configurations until I came up with one that I really liked. I wasn't really planning to buy a $200 laptop bag BUT after two hours I had to see what I created made into a real life thing. I have used that laptop bag now for 7 years and have dropped it several times with no harm to my computer. Every time I look at it I think of the time I spent creating it and how it reflects my taste. So, Hans, sorry that the choices are many and the tools are few for now. But, I promise to keep improving the site to help as much as I can and will send you as many drafts as it takes until you are happy with your choice.
 

speakers

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
JB Cases said:
These cases are pretty much limited to the choices in post #1. I want to stress that these are not JB Cases. These are pattern cases where the choices are pretty much limited to the decorative aspects on the case. What I mean is that the pattern is pretty much set so that the construction, tooling, and coloring of the case goes according to a set process. It's like having your choice of Mercedes where you can choose the seat color, the car's color and so on but not the model.

A JB Case on the other hand is a blank sheet of paper until we imagine something together. JB Cases start at $400 and go as far as your imagination, budget and our skill can take us.

The J.Flowers is meant to be a "custom" production case. Right now it's well intertwined with JB Cases because I am using the JB Case color chart and the JB Case website to host the information. Later there will be a separate website that celebrates Jay Flowers and the legacy of cases in this style that he popularized.

I hope to also someday have a website where you can build a case virtually - where you can see the choices and click on them and see how they look.

Will you be adding more "models" of semi-custom production cases in the future? While the J.Flowers style case is nice, it's not really my taste and I would like something more simplified, without so much of the tooling. Something that offers the customer some customizing options but is still similar to a production case and priced like the J.Flowers style cases.
 

shamadam

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
279   0   0
speakers said:
Will you be adding more "models" of semi-custom production cases in the future? While the J.Flowers style case is nice, it's not really my taste and I would like something more simplified, without so much of the tooling. Something that offers the customer some customizing options but is still similar to a production case and priced like the J.Flowers style cases.

Heres the Flowers tribute case made for AZ's Joeboxer. No tooling.
Great look in my opinion.

http://www.jbcases.com/cases/jflowers/2008-017/
 

robertno1pool

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
JB Tribute Flowers Case

You might clarify with your ordering form how many different components you can specify a different color for.

interior, exterior body, exterior pockets, handle (top), handle (side), etc.

Or what exactly does 2-tone include for each color.
 

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
165   0   0
robertno1pool said:
You might clarify with your ordering form how many different components you can specify a different color for.

interior, exterior body, exterior pockets, handle (top), handle (side), etc.

Or what exactly does 2-tone include for each color.

I will fix that today and also add answers to other questions that have been asked. All that will be added to the following pages: http://www.jbcases.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=5173

and this one

http://www.jbcases.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=5173

John
 

krbsailing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
316   0   0
Best Cases on the Planet....

Just rec'd this case from John's shop -- GORGEOUS!

I've had a few Swifts and Justis cases.....but, IMHO this is by far the BEST case I have ever held in my hands :)

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c113/krbsailing/100_4821.jpg

The fit and finish is EXCELLENT! The tooling is FANTASTIC!!

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c113/krbsailing/100_4824.jpg

I was a little unsure about the new interior but, it's AWESOME :thumbup2:

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c113/krbsailing/100_4822.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c113/krbsailing/100_4823.jpg

I know these guys are very busy but, the wait will be well worth it to you for sure!!!

Thanks Again John :dance:
 
Top