*** Jacoby Edge Hybrid Shafts ***

strum4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Shaft Taper of Jacoby Edge?

Hello,

Is the taper of the Edge shaft any different from a standard maple shaft from Jacoby?

I have a Jacoby sneaky pete, and the taper gets progressively wider after about 10 inches.

I was hoping that these laminated shafts might have a longer pro taper.

Thanks for this info!

Regards,

Glen

red stevens

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
hybrid shaft 3/8 x 10

I would like to price a Jacoby edge hybrid with a 3/8 x 10 joint measuring .850 in diameter with a 12.25 mm tip and 31 inches long. What can you do for me and how long would it take to get it made? Also, I have a place in Sun City West Az and was wondering where in Az you are located.
Thanks
Red

strum4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Shaft Taper? Thanks For Your Reply!

Neil, I haven't seen any reply regarding my previous post, and questioning whether this shaft has a different taper than a standard Jacoby maple shaft?

On the Jacoby website, it simply states pro taper. I don't like the taper of a Jacoby sneaky pete. So if that is the same taper, then I guess Jacoby is not for me.

All I saw today regarding your activity, was your bump for a holiday sale.

Thanks for your reply to this important concern.

Regards,

Glen

red stevens

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
3/8 x 10 edge hybrid ordered

I just ordered and paid for an Edge Hybrid 31 inches long for my 3/8 x 10 jointed cues. Neil offered me an excellent deal that I could not pass up. It will take 6 to 8 weeks for Jacoby to make it up so they must be backing up with orders from post holiday buyers. Good news for Jacoby and I do not mind the wait. I am excited to get this shaft and play with it as anyone would be. I will be using it on a 29.5 inch butt initially making a 60.5 inch total cue length. I also have a 29 inch, 30.5 inch, and 31.5 inch butted cues that it can be used with so I can experiment with lots of different lengths and balances.
Thanks Neil for helping me acquire this shaft. I have wanted one for some time and Santa and Niel are making it happen.
Red

red stevens

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Jacoby taper

strum4u
According to Jacoby the standard maple shaft does have a 10 inch pro taper but the Edge Hybrid has a 19 inch pro taper. Here is a link to the specs from their Edge shaft for McDermott cues:
http://www.jacobycustomcues.com/cuesdetail.php?ID=1161
Since my cues are 3/8 x 10, for the most part, this page of specs is the one I am most interested in but they have specs for other applications as well.
Hope this helps
Red

red stevens

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Hybrid Edge new shipment

Hey Neil,
You posted that the new shipment is coming and I hope the Edge Hybrid I ordered is among them. I am here in Az now. I am eager to get it and start playing with it. Is it coming to you or is it being sent directly from Jacoby to the address I gave you?
Thanks
Red Stevens aka Vaughn Hickman

D4nutz

Aspiring pool god
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
5/16x14 piloted double silver rings

Do you have a 5/16x14 piloted double silver rings Jacoby Edge Hybrid?
I have a Jacoby cue and I'm interested in trying out their shaft. I'm currently playing with a Z-2 shaft and I'm hoping that an Edge Hybrid would be better (same cue ball deflection but better feel and control).
BTW, how is it in terms of cue ball deflection compared to the Z-2?

P.S. I can do with a single ring also, if needed. :)

neilhin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Yes, available. The deflection (or squirt, rather) is lower than Predator 314, IMHO and Pro taper is longer, which I prefer. I switched from the original Z shaft to Jacoby 12.5mm. i like the Z but prefer the taper of the Jacoby. Also, Jacoby will build a shaft to your specs, if you so choose.

Last edited: