*** Jacoby Edge Hybrid Shafts ***

neilhin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
I have a variety of 3/8X10 and 5/16X14 as well as a couple of radials in stock. Delivery time for everything else is 6-8 weeks.

Last edited:

red stevens

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Edge Shaft I just received from Neil

It came this pm and I really like it. It was made to my exact specs by Jacoby. 31 inches with a 3/8x10 joint pin 1.41 inches long, 12.25 mm tip, and .850" at the joint. It shoots great and I am very pleased with the workmanship. I really like the extra long 19" pro taper. It was a bit tight on my pin when I first started to screw it on the cue but I applied some hard soap and worked it slowly and now it goes on easily and fits just perfectly. The shaft rolls straight and when installed the cue rolls perfectly. I have not had the opportunity to take it to a table yet but will tomorrow. I wanted to tonight but a meeting I must attend keeps me from this most desired adventure. I expect it to play to my taste as it seems to flow precisely through my bridge and balance perfectly in my stroke. I am excited to try it out and will report back tomorrow!!

Red

neilhin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Thanks, Red. Jacoby is the only LD shaft maker that will get you precisely what you need in terms of length, tip, taper, joint diameter, etc, etc.
To top it off, they play great ... very nice combination of feel and low-deflection characteristics.

jgobigred

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Hi, I want to buy a shaft but your pm box is full. I want an edge hybrid, 3/8-10, .835 at the joint with plain black collar. Please pm me your Paypal address. Thanks!

red stevens

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Play report

Sorry to be so slow with my report. I spent 2 hours with this shaft each day for the last 4 days and absolutely love the play. The most impressive part is the extra long 19 inch pro taper. I got a 31" shaft and on reaching long shots the long taper really scores. It made my 29.5" butt into a 60.5 inch cue. My stroke is longer and will make my shooting better once I get used to it. I must be more precise in my stroke and this has slowed down my shooting routine which is already paying off with more consistent play. The 12.25 tip size puts lots of spin on the cueball as well. As for deflection, it is as good or better that all the other LD shafts I have. I suspect that it will surpass them as I play with it and learn its more subtle characteristics. First impression is that its a keeper and I will look into buying more of these Edge Hybrids and sell most of my others LD shafts.
Red

neilhin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Thanks for the critique, Red. The thing I like most about these Jacoby shafts is that they are the only truly factory customizable shaft on the market today. It doesn't hurt that the play great as well.
To date, I haven't heard anyone say that they don't like the extra long pro taper. In fact, I like the fact that you can go down to 12mm or less and the shaft doesn't feel whippy, whatsoever.
Granted the Predator Z2 shaft doesn't feel whippy either but some people (myself included) prefer not to have the Euro (conical) taper.
Those guys at Jacoby seem to know what they're doing.

jgobigred

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Just got my edge hybrid shaft in the mail today. Only had time for 4 practice games with it before league started. Won all my games 10-1, 10-2, and 10-4 while drinking like a fish! I'd been struggling all season with narrow misses and this shaft put me over the top! I had been playing with the densest maple shaft I've ever shot with but this new shaft felt stiffer and has more feel! After swearing off ld shafts, I'm sold on this one!!!!

luan.vo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
got my shaft today. it is amazing. i will order another for my friend who need one with the southwest joint. thank Neil. it is really amazing. btw, what kind of tip did it come with ?

Revlucjl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Edge Shafts

Are you still selling the edge shafts. If so, how much for a partial shipped?
Thanks, Jim