Jayson’s 714 - how long did it take?

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ve seen no mention of the time it took for this 714 run yet. I’m guessing based on the pace I was witnessing, less than three minutes per rack, which would be roughly 2-1/2 hours? Anyone know?
 
Mark White said the average shot time was 12.8 seconds so the total time would be slightly more than 2 1/2 hours. Amazing pace.
I wonder if that includes time for racking, which I assume has to take at least 30-35 seconds. If so, that brings his average down to roughly 10 seconds per ball - no need for a shot clock - LOL!
 
I wish I was up to watch this live. I saw the tail end of his 379 ball run and thought he would call it a night after that. Amazing run by Shaw- what a great player.
 
I wonder if that includes time for racking, which I assume has to take at least 30-35 seconds. If so, that brings his average down to roughly 10 seconds per ball - no need for a shot clock - LOL!
I just clocked a typical racking time and it was about 28 seconds. With a ball return and a quick stepper you might get it down to 10 seconds. The donut-rack helps.
 
I wonder how much is fast pace helped keep his mental fortitude up..? I know my couple dips into extreme low 100s both took over an hour and it was exhausting...lol
 
I wonder how much is fast pace helped keep his mental fortitude up..? I know my couple dips into extreme low 100s both took over an hour and it was exhausting...lol
I made that point earlier. If he was not able to play at a pace to literally allow him to pocket multiple thousands of balls during that session, he would have likely never have approached that record. Anytime one of his runs ended, it took him like less than 20 minutes to get back up to another 100+ ball run.
 
I know I saw him run some racks in less than 90 seconds.
According to the available info, Butera's 150-and-out was in 21 minutes. That is 8.4 seconds per ball or two minutes per rack, presumably including racking. On the other hand, I reffed a match where Butera took 3.5 hours to get to 150 -- his opponent was not cooperating.
 
Back
Top