JAYSON SHAW BREAKS 626!

jtaylor996

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congrats Jayson! Anyone got a link? I just keep seeing a video posted that stat don't seem to get over 407.

t.wallace

What Jason Shaw accomplished was fantastic, however my pool heart still believes Mosconi‘s run was more remarkable. Mosconi walked into a room and set up trick shots and possibly shot balls for a few minutes, On an unfamiliar table and then proceeded to run 526 balls! (on one try). And stopped because he was tired.
He wasn’t trying to set a record. I can’t imagine how many balls he could of run on a familiar table with no distractions.
Congratulations to Jason Shaw, I’m sure there is a few guys out there thinking about breaking this record.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What Jason Shaw accomplished was fantastic, however my pool heart still believes Mosconi‘s run was more remarkable. Mosconi walked into a room and set up trick shots and possibly shot balls for a few minutes, On an unfamiliar table and then proceeded to run 526 balls! (on one try). And stopped because he was tired.
He wasn’t trying to set a record. I can’t imagine how many balls he could of run on a familiar table with no distractions.
Congratulations to Jason Shaw, I’m sure there is a few guys out there thinking about breaking this record.

Well, actually he missed -- I believe it was a cut on a six ball that bobbled.

But I pretty much agree with how impressive Mosconi's one off was as well as Jayson's run.

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

but his job was doing that, travelling to different places and playing on brunswick tables. that kind of gig doesn't exist today, pool interest isn't big enough for straight pool exhibitions. so it's not replicable and probably never will be. the closest we can come is just this - online streams.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
His final home run #714 cleared the right field roof at Forbes Field which was a feat accomplished by only a few. Then he retired a week later because he couldn't play any more. He must have been something to see in his prime.
He went out with a bang on May 25, 1935 hitting not only #714 but #712 and #713, driving in six runs for the Boston Braves.

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
In the sports 'big picture' how many people outside hard-core pool nuts will care about this? I don't see how any campaign is going to be some big deal. I hope Jayson gets some $$ out of it but i just don't see some big blitz of publicity.
No one will... My league team is full of pool groupies and we share a group chat. I'm the only one that really cares, and there's one other that's more happy that John S. no longer holds the record more than anything else. Rest... crickets...

What it might do is light a little fire under the asses of a few other pros that like having bragging rights. I wouldn't be surprised if we see more pros hosting their own live streams taking shots at Shaw's record.

"Hey Joshua, you ever going to take a stab at John Schmidt's 14.1 record...?"​
..."Who's John Schmidt...?"​
"Hey Joshua, did you hear Jayson Shaw just beat the 14.1 record...?"​
..."What's the number..? ...and hold my beer for a sec"​

jtaylor996

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe this record is big enough to get some top snooker players to make an attempt. I'd like to see Ronnie or Judd Trump try this.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm hoping he wins two of the three major events at Derby City. It might interest more people in playing 14.1 to hone their skills if nothing else.

he will be a force to reckon with. mosconi cup MVP, turning stone winner, world straight pool record holder within a little more than a month. the sky is the limit..

soyale

Maybe this record is big enough to get some top snooker players to make an attempt. I'd like to see Ronnie or Judd Trump try this.
there's a fantastic television documentary made for casual audiences about ronnie coming to america and trying to "hustle." he plays straight pool against jeanette lee, if i'm not mistaken, and gets his ass handed to him. i'm only telling you this so you can go watch it, not because i don't think ronnie could crush 14 and 1. i'm sure he would put up amazing numbers if he decided to give it a go.

rjb1168

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hypothetically, someone else runs 714 and lays their cue down to quit. Wouldn’t they technically hold the new record at 714, since Jayson scratched while on 714 shooting at 715, which actually made his official run 713? Just saying.
He also made a ball when he scratched

jtaylor996

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
there's a fantastic television documentary made for casual audiences about ronnie coming to america and trying to "hustle." he plays straight pool against jeanette lee, if i'm not mistaken, and gets his ass handed to him. i'm only telling you this so you can go watch it, not because i don't think ronnie could crush 14 and 1. i'm sure he would put up amazing numbers if he decided to give it a go.
Any idea what that doc was called? I'll see if I can find it online somewhere.

Mick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any idea what that doc was called? I'll see if I can find it online somewhere.