Jayson Shaw in the Hunt for Another 14.1 Record

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
BB's comment:
Why do we care? Let’s move on.

relative to Lou's news that:
-----------------------------------------------------------------
"The Legends of Pocket Billiards table has been moved into a private room at Street Lights Billiard Academy. A GC4 has been setup and we will now have two cameras rolling to record the action. Jayson's attempts will be streamed live and free, August 22-26, for 12-14 hours a day."
-------------------------------------------------------------------

. . . reminds me about a terrific pseudo-empathetic squelch a lifelong vegan gave to a troll who was continuously taunting a number of vegan-advocacy YT channels in YT's early days.

After a long period of particularly snarky and offensive comments about vegans not being "real men" (like the avid meat barbeque-ing he-man troll) -- one vegan channel's host "soothingly" gave him the following Reply:

"Steak Stud: Isn't life so impossibly stressful and unfair when you have to wake up in the morning every day of your life knowing that millions of people around the world are horribly opposing you personally by liking something that you don't?"

Arnaldo ~ Didn't make a dent, of course (as this message won't).
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like the scoreboard overlay! I had trouble seeing the old one when watching on my phone.

Yes, I think that works.

On a different but related note, I know why he’s doing it but the overhead always looks upside down to me.

Lou Figueroa
no one ever has
anything positive
to say, lol

Guy Manges

Registered
Cloth is cloth, tables are tables, pockets are pockets.

If it’s so easy how come everyone isn’t running 1000 balls?

The rest speaks for itself

All due respect,
Fatboy <———can’t run 100 on any table period, ever and I’ve played 40 years.
I know onething if it's easy, Enjoy... Rd. 395 all the way... Guy

middleofnowhere

Registered
My home room growing up in Massachusetts in the late 1980’s
I've had a couple of snooker tables. My yellow page ad mentioned snooker in it and a lot of Canadians come to South Florida in the winter time. They would come in and they wouldn't even play on those tables pockets were just too small.

Then the other side of the coin was none of the golf players wanted to play on it cuz the pockets were too big. Long story short I actually gave it to a friend of mine it was an attorney for some legal work and replaced it with one of the gold crowns I had in storage.

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
These balls are not opening up well - looks a little humid. Crazy he’s still getting out with some of these spreads.

Guy Manges

Registered
i used to play 12-15 hours a day 6 or 7 days a week. When I was in Georgia for work, there was equipment receipt problems and I was getting paid 8 hours a day to do nothing, so I was at MBC every day.

One night Johnny Archer calls me over and says "Jaden, you practice more than anyone I've ever seen".

I replied "What about Shane?".

He says "Yeah, true...".

I know you're friends with Johnny next time you talk, ask him about it.

One of those nights, I think I played like 13 hours only stopping for one bathroom break and taking a bite of a meal between racks. I'm quite literally addicted to the game. I once "one more gamed" myself for 5 hours.

Jaden

^^^^--- For many years since, even when I was doing well on the Mezz west state tour those first couple of years, I wasn't practicing hardly at all. I just recently started to practice consistently again and my game is starting to show it.
Jaden, let's hope everyone on this forum has put in those hours... Guy

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I noticed Jason seems really relaxed.
Mostly just onestroking the ball and doesn't chalk often,
what chalk is he playing with?

VarmintKong

Cannonball comin’!
Gold Member
Have to go to bed, but this man looks unstoppable. When you hear that whistle two balls into a rack you know that he’s already out.

Some of these thin back cuts are insane! Dead center pocket bustin’ clusters and gettin’ on line.

Freaking badass!

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ve reported that I’ve played on snooker tables in England and Germany both in pool halls and more private settings, and none were as tight as what I played on in the US. Still tough pockets, don’t get me wrong, but for some reason every full 12’ size, Every English snooker table I saw in the US had incredible tight pockets. My home room, the owner got the table from Canada and must have opted for tighter pockets. If he had opted for normal pockets, maybe more of us would have played the game.
I think the snooker pockets for the most part are tighter or we’re back in the day because they were mostly used for golf not snooker.