Jayson Shaw runs a 560

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Jayson Shaw has broken the 500 ball mark for a 3rd time and surpassed Mosconi’s 526 for the 2nd time on April 5th at The Legends Of Pocket Billuards Private Studio. Jayson followed up his 560 the next week with a huge win at The Players Championship WNT points event at the Super Billiards Expo.
Jayson will continue his high run attempts again at the end of Summer this year on his quest to break the 1000 ball mark.

sparkle84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jayson Shaw has broken the 500 ball mark for a 3rd time and surpassed Mosconi’s 526 for the 2nd time on April 5th at The Legends Of Pocket Billuards Private Studio. Jayson followed up his 560 the next week with a huge win at The Players Championship WNT points event at the Super Billiards Expo.
Jayson will continue his high run attempts again at the end of Summer this year on his quest to break the 1000 ball mark.
That's very nice but when will be seeing John Schmidt be making his attempt.

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Gold Member
Silver Member
So if I'm understanding this correctly you're not going to extend an invitation to the most prolific ball runner of the last 20 years?
Or maybe you did and he declined?
Jayson is always welcome and yes Jayson is the most prolific ball runner in the last 20 years. If you are talking about Schmidt I don’t think Jayson ever got an invite to play on the so called 626 table that never had a free live stream to witness that so called run or the unedited video for the public to see and video experts to review. I was not certain what you were asking but either way Jayson is the GOAT of high runs.
508/560/714 proves it and all are on unedited video for every person to watch.

sparkle84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jayson is always welcome and yes Jayson is the most prolific ball runner in the last 20 years. If you are talking about Schmidt I don’t think Jayson ever got an invite to play on the so called 626 table that never had a free live stream to witness that so called run or the unedited video for the public to see and video experts to review. I was not certain what you were asking but either way Jayson is the GOAT of high runs.
508/560/714 proves it and all are on unedited video for every person to watch.
Play games all you want but you and everyone else know exactly what I'm talking about.
John made those attempts strictly for and by himself.
You on the other hand, advertise your event as being open for the best to try. Other than a couple of short attempts by others it's been rather one sided.
Just to be clear I don't have much use for either of the JS's. In a major 14.1 event I wouldn't bet a nickel on either one.
That aside I am stating that John is the most prolific ball runner of the last 20 years.
Shaw is rather late to the scene to be in the discussion.
You have an agenda, why not just admit it.

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Gold Member
Silver Member
The facts are what they are. Our guidelines are a player has to be a World Champion to be able to play in our events. Schmidt IS NOT a world champion. He won a Round Robin bracket event called the world tournament.
After hearing such non sense it’s simple. Schmidt has been caught cheating many times but that’s ok I have my hand out to him for an invitation to play at my event anytime as long as he admits to cheating again publicly and shows us the 626 run in raw unedited footage.

I know there are unedited/uninterrupted videos of Jayson's three 500+ runs. I saw excerpts of the 714, but I never saw the entire video. I didn't see anything from the 560 run -- is that out there somewhere? Thanks. He's a real machine. If anyone can get to 1000...legit, unedited, uninterrupted...it's going to be him! JMVHO.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I know there are unedited/uninterrupted videos of Jayson's three 500+ runs. I saw excerpts of the 714, but I never saw the entire video. I didn't see anything from the 560 run -- is that out there somewhere? Thanks. He's a real machine. If anyone can get to 1000...legit, unedited, uninterrupted...it's going to be him! JMVHO.
A DVD of the 714 is available for purchase. If you had been online you could have seen it live. I saw the 560 live from about the 10th rack. It is still available on the FB page, "The Legends of Pocket Billiards".

Wayne Crimi

I don't see a debate about who the most prolific ball runner is to be very productive in terms of fan enjoyment of these high run attempts (which I love by the way and thank you). I also don't see why someone has to be a world champion before getting an opportunity to demonstrate his skill at running balls. Some incredible 14.1 players were never world champion.

It seems to me we all know who the best 14.1 players are. We could easily have an online vote for who the public would like to see try break some records. Invitations could be offered based on reputation and public demand and we'll see who wants to try.

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Gold Member
Silver Member
The Legends of pocket Billiards announced from the beginning qualifications are to be a World Champion and a positive attitude. Certainly anybody can run their own self funded events if they would like to and have their own guidelines. Also we have a committee that votes on everything and some non World Champion players names have been voted on.

Wayne Crimi

The Legends of pocket Billiards announced from the beginning qualifications are to be a World Champion and a positive attitude. Certainly anybody can run their own self funded events if they would like to and have their own guidelines. Also we have a committee that votes on everything and some non World Champion players names have been voted on.

Sounds good.

I would never suggest inviting someone that wouldn't have a positive attitude or that would cause trouble for anyone involved. I was just hoping there would be an "exception" to the world champion rule because there have some truly great players that some of us might want to see that could put on a great show but simply don't have that title (at least yet).

Last edited:

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Sounds good.

I would never suggest inviting someone that wouldn't have a positive attitude or that would cause trouble for anyone involved. I was just hoping there would be an "exception" to the world champion rule because there have some truly great players that some of us might want to see that could put on a great show but simply don't have that title (at least yet).
Who would you like to see try for high runs at our events?
We have a committee and I certainly can put forth any and all names for a vote.